• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Moo

Organic Valleys Grade A milk powder is USDA certified organic, Kosher certified and gluten free. It is produced from cows raised on pasture without any antibiotics, synthetic hormones, or pesticides. This high quality dairy powder was designed with value, convenience and versatility in mind. Undeniably best on all fronts! Use it to make anything from butter to ice cream, bread to cake, the possibilities are endless. Or simply take a small portion on your next camping trip as a substitute for regular milk. Perfect for cooking, baking or drinking.

To reconstitute: Add 3 tablespoons Organic Valley Nonfat Dry Milk to 1 cup (8 oz.) cold water. Stir, shake or blend vigorously. For a richer, thicker taste, use 4-5 tablespoons dry milk to 1 cup of cold water.

Includes (40) 50 lbs. bag of Organic Valleys Grade A NFDM Nonfat Dry Milk
872 total servings (serving size 3 tablespoons) per bag
USDA Certified Organic
Kosher Certified
Inherently gluten free
Produced from cows raised on pasture without any antibiotics, synthetic hormones, or pesticides the healthiest and most nutritious milk product possible
Used in five-star restaurants all across America as a cooking, baking or drinking ingredient
Produced on the family farms of Organic Valley
 Nutritional information

Member Summary

Organic Valley
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
yeah, shelf life on powdered milk isn't too long, seems like a raw deal unless you run an orphanage somewhere far away f... (more)

arribasn (Sep. 12, 2012 @ 3:46p) |

if it wasn't for the fact my lab is tiny and we don't do a lot of westerns...it's like industrial size amount for wester... (more)

VivYip (Sep. 12, 2012 @ 3:47p) |

I would rather buy cows.

nantheman (Sep. 13, 2012 @ 10:37p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Who needs that much?

Think of the gas you will save by not making 2160 trips to the store for milk.

over $4 a gallon (not including the cost of water). Seems expensive.

Maybe expensive now... But at 2 gallons a week...That's just over 20 years of milk. What will milk cost per gallon then ? This is organic milk by the way.

You neglected to mention that shipping is included in the price, to your curb, already palletized so you just have to fire up your fork lift and open the garage doors. And just in case you change your mind, you can return all 2000 lbs to any of the more than 600 Costco warehouses worldwide. I wonder if Costco would loan you a fork lift to bring them in their large front door. By the way, what's the use by date? That could impact on my buy decision. Green for OP, for the amusement factor.

Someone should start a group buy.And who knows, maybe someone has a lot of cats to rescue.

If you don't care if it is organic WalMart sells it in reasonable quantities for between 2-3 dollars a gallon. I was raised on the stuff and I love it, but my wife throws it away whenever I bring it home.

homersaysdoh said:   Use it to make anything from butter to ice cream, bread to cake, the possibilities are endless.... Includes (40) 50 lbs. bag of Organic Valleys Grade A NFDM Nonfat Dry Milk
Nobody is going to make butter or ice cream with nonfat milk powder. (Emphasis mine.)

I would buy it if I were a hoarder living in a McMansion.

awesome!

Good deal if you can use it by 12/12/2012.

archena said:   Who needs that much?you people didn't watch snow white and the huntsman?

Way too expensive. I can get great nonfat powdered milk from my church's cannery for about $2 per pound in #10 cans. Shelf life is 20 years. I would give you 5 years max on the powder in bags. You would need to repack it all to get a longer shelf life.

Plus a 4 pound can is a lot easier to use and move than a 50 pound bag.

Good luck.

Milk in a can

pezgarden said:   Good deal if you can use it by 12/12/2012.Actually, you have slightly more time - 12/21 is the end of the world.

rshaslam said:   Way too expensive. I can get great nonfat powdered milk from my church's cannery for about $2 per pound in #10 cans. Shelf life is 20 years. I would give you 5 years max on the powder in bags. You would need to repack it all to get a longer shelf life.

Good luck.

Milk in a can

how could a non-lds go about ordering from them? is it allowed?

Wow, that's a ton of milk!

Shelf life of the 12 oz bags of this stuff is 360 days... I don't imagine it would be much different in 50lb bags of this stuff. Get drinking!

community storm /emergency shelter?

Sharp666 said:   rshaslam said:   Way too expensive. I can get great nonfat powdered milk from my church's cannery for about $2 per pound in #10 cans. Shelf life is 20 years. I would give you 5 years max on the powder in bags. You would need to repack it all to get a longer shelf life.

Good luck.

Milk in a can

Yes, anyone from the community is welcome. You just need to find the nearest Home Canning locations in your area. They request that you spend the time canning your own goods (it is easy and people show you how and help you), to help save cost and so it is still non profit. If you can't or won't, they will have a someone do it for you on a volunteer basis.

Here is the link to the locations:
Food Storage Locations

Mod said the link wasn't working but is for me. Here is the URL in case link is still broken.

[L=www.providentliving.org/self-reliance/food-storage/home-stora......]www.providentliving.org/self-reliance/food-storage/home-stora...]http://providentliving.org/self-reliance/food-storage/home-storage-center-locations?lang=eng#Utah[/L]

DontTreadOnMe said:   Sharp666 said:   rshaslam said:   Way too expensive. I can get great nonfat powdered milk from my church's cannery for about $2 per pound in #10 cans. Shelf life is 20 years. I would give you 5 years max on the powder in bags. You would need to repack it all to get a longer shelf life.

Good luck.

Milk in a can

Yes, anyone from the community is welcome. You just need to find the nearest Home Canning locations in your area. They request that you spend the time canning your own goods (it is easy and people show you how and help you), to help save cost and so it is still non profit. If you can't or won't, they will have a someone do it for you on a volunteer basis.

Here is the link to the locations:
Food Storage Locations

Mod said the link wasn't working but is for me. Here is the URL in case link is still broken.

[L=www.providentliving.org/self-reliance/food-storage/home-stora......]www.providentliving.org/self-reliance/food-storage/home-stora...]http://providentliving.org/self-reliance/food-storage/home-storage-center-locations?lang=eng#Utah[/L]

I know that the location near me in Lindon, UT does not typically have you can your own, they have a new packaging plant in Tremonton, UT and it all comes in a can for the price on the list. I think it also comes with a guarantee for long term storage.

Good Luck

Perfect for a fall out shelter, tons of milk... Now if they only had 2 tons of snickers

Dil

Dilbertic said:   Perfect for a fall out shelter, tons of milk... Now if they only had 2 tons of snickers

Dil
and don't forget the dry water to mix with this!

yeah, shelf life on powdered milk isn't too long, seems like a raw deal unless you run an orphanage somewhere far away from cow pastures.

archena said:   Who needs that much?

if it wasn't for the fact my lab is tiny and we don't do a lot of westerns...it's like industrial size amount for western blots. ^_^

I would rather buy cows.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014