• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon has Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal, 20-Ounce Boxes pack of 3 for $5.22
-55% when you buy 3 packs -5% when you subscribe & save
It won't show $5.22 price on product page. You must checkout to get the price.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006WJHOX4/

Apple jacks 3-pack is $5.60 after 55% off & Sub & Save http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Jacks-Cereal-12-2-Ounce-Boxes/dp/B00...

4-pack 13oz Quaker Life Multigrain Cinnamon Cereal is $8.58 (no sub&save)http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ER1JE0

First Delivery Summary
Items: $13.05
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Subscription Discount: -$0.65
Promotion Applied: -$7.18
Total Before Tax: $5.22
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
Total: $5.22

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

1 3-pack of Raisin Bran, 1 3-pack of Apple Jacks

Total = $12.17

Made in Mexico. If it's food, I'm staying away.

In addition, Kelloggs continues to include GMO (genetically modified organism) ingredients in their products but refuses to include that information on their product labels. There are no long term studied to prove that GMOs are safe for either human or animal consumption. Kelloggs/ position is that GMOs are deemed safe by the FDA so they are not required to be identified to consumers. However, Michael Taylor, head of the FDA, is a former attorney for Monsanto, the chemical company responsible for the development and wide spread use of GMOs in the American food supply, illustrating a conflict of interest that prevents the FDA from acting responsibly. It's interesting to note that 50 other countries around the world have banned GMOs from their food supply all together but consumers here in the United States do not even have the right to be informed when GMOs are present in the products we buy. Kelloggs is an unacceptable choice as long as they refuse to fully disclose the true nature of their ingredients to consumers.

This will be my third delivery of this stuff. Didn't realize it was made in Mexico so thanks for the info. I don't think that Mexico thing has had any impact except I have a huge urge to dig tunnels.

If this were Raisin Bran Crunch and I would buy

I'm a Post RB man. Good deal though.

I wasn't aware it was made in Mexico. Or the GMO (genetically modified organism) ingredients.
Thanks

i wasn't aware either. now that i know i think i'll buy some

it seemed like a good deal to me last time around.... until I gained 20lbs. Took forever to loose it.

aarzi said:   Made in Mexico. If it's food, I'm staying away.

In addition, Kelloggs continues to include GMO (genetically modified organism) ingredients in their products but refuses to include that information on their product labels. .... Kelloggs is an unacceptable choice as long as they refuse to fully disclose the true nature of their ingredients to consumers.

This is interesting, but it needs some context for people who know nothing about this issue. For instance:

1-Are GMO's in any other brands of cereal?
2-Are GMO's in any other food we consume?
3-What studies show the harmful effects of GMO's? Are they peer reviewed?
4-What exactly are the GMO's in Kellogs cereals... genetically modified grains that grow better or last longer in the box?

etc.

What I know is minimal, but here it is:

A- GMO's have been used since the 1970's... earlier if you consider cross breeding different strains together manually like farmers have done for hundreds of years

B- GMO's are not random... its not a random mutation, but rather a careful change of the plant to resist a certain bacteria or predator.

C - They are in tons of food already that we eat... vegetable oil, fresh vegetables, meat via the grain fed to cattle and chickens, etc.

Are they dangerous? I don't know. But, I trust the FDA. I have to.

Everything else I eat is approved by them and I am not a microbiologist. So, short of growing my own food (with no pesticides, and with some kind of rigorous testing of the water being used and the land I am growing it on), I have to trust in them.

Honestly, this sounds like the argument to only eat organic foods. Sounds great at first, but the facts are that organic foods are not more healthy, they do not taste better, the fertilizers are actually more dangerous than the non-organic food fertilizers, and, if everyone ate organic foods, a billion people on the earth would die of starvation.

I am not trying to negate what you are saying... there may be some merit in not eating GMO's... but without some facts, most people wont listen. This is especially the case when you are asking them to change their lifestyle significantly or spend a lot more money.

Regards,
SteveG

PS - I am not affiliated with any GMO companies or the FDA. I am also not a Mexican (not that there is anything wrong with that

Says $13.05

You trust the FDA , GTFO !!!!!!!

sgogo said:   aarzi said:   Made in Mexico. If it's food, I'm staying away.

In addition, Kelloggs continues to include GMO (genetically modified organism) ingredients in their products but refuses to include that information on their product labels. .... Kelloggs is an unacceptable choice as long as they refuse to fully disclose the true nature of their ingredients to consumers.

This is interesting, but it needs some context for people who know nothing about this issue. For instance:

1-Are GMO's in any other brands of cereal?
2-Are GMO's in any other food we consume?
3-What studies show the harmful effects of GMO's? Are they peer reviewed?
4-What exactly are the GMO's in Kellogs cereals... genetically modified grains that grow better or last longer in the box?

etc.

What I know is minimal, but here it is:

A- GMO's have been used since the 1970's... earlier if you consider cross breeding different strains together manually like farmers have done for hundreds of years

B- GMO's are not random... its not a random mutation, but rather a careful change of the plant to resist a certain bacteria or predator.

C - They are in tons of food already that we eat... vegetable oil, fresh vegetables, meat via the grain fed to cattle and chickens, etc.

Are they dangerous? I don't know. But, I trust the FDA. I have to.

Everything else I eat is approved by them and I am not a microbiologist. So, short of growing my own food (with no pesticides, and with some kind of rigorous testing of the water being used and the land I am growing it on), I have to trust in them.

Honestly, this sounds like the argument to only eat organic foods. Sounds great at first, but the facts are that organic foods are not more healthy, they do not taste better, the fertilizers are actually more dangerous than the non-organic food fertilizers, and, if everyone ate organic foods, a billion people on the earth would die of starvation.

I am not trying to negate what you are saying... there may be some merit in not eating GMO's... but without some facts, most people wont listen. This is especially the case when you are asking them to change their lifestyle significantly or spend a lot more money.

Regards,
SteveG

PS - I am not affiliated with any GMO companies or the FDA. I am also not a Mexican (not that there is anything wrong with that

as long as I dont grow a 3rd arm I will keep buying this cereal
good find!

Got it you need to buy 3 pack to get $ 5.22 price. So quick question- If i use S & S then i will get same price as todays price when they will send me my order?

menababu said:   Got it you need to buy 3 pack to get $ 5.22 price. So quick question- If i use S & S then i will get same price as todays price when they will send me my order?s&s will deliver @ whatever price at the time of your next delivery. could be more, could be less. but most of the time, the price goes up so lots of people s&s but cancels as soon as their order is shipped.

linrick said:   menababu said:   Got it you need to buy 3 pack to get $ 5.22 price. So quick question- If i use S & S then i will get same price as todays price when they will send me my order?s&s will deliver @ whatever price at the time of your next delivery. could be more, could be less. but most of the time, the price goes up so lots of people s&s but cancels as soon as their order is shipped.To further clarify, this order will be delivered at today's price. Future shipments will be like "what she said".

aarzi said:   linrick said:   menababu said:   Got it you need to buy 3 pack to get $ 5.22 price. So quick question- If i use S & S then i will get same price as todays price when they will send me my order?s&s will deliver @ whatever price at the time of your next delivery. could be more, could be less. but most of the time, the price goes up so lots of people s&s but cancels as soon as their order is shipped.To further clarify, this order will be delivered at today's price. Future shipments will be like "what she said".

the regular price S&S for these are $10.43 for the 3 pack. it's that extra promo discount that's making the $5.22. You can bet they'll be $10.43 or more come next renewal date.

Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed:

LDR 512 3410 Power Deluxe High Force Cup Ribbed Toilet Plunger, Black
Charmin Ultra Soft, Double Rolls, 4 Count Packs (Pack of 10) 40 Total Rolls

Actually extra arm mean would really come in handy.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

wolfxnagakura said:   as long as I dont grow a 3rd arm I will keep buying this cereal
good find!

Just got mine today.. thanks O/P

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014