Thru Door Dispenser: None
Water Filter: Yes

Member Summary

Kenmore Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

BF 2010 similar was e $700.00, I will wait....

$1534.24 now.

I have the same one from 2010, it has been pretty good. It costs more to get the stainless vs. the $700 white, mine came in under a grand. At this size, I'm glad it doesn't have a water dispenser in the door. Ice maker has been working fine but have read others have had problems.

nancita said:   $1534.24 now.

$1793.49
Now $1299.99 Savings applied in cart

kzookid said:   I have the same one from 2010, it has been pretty good. It costs more to get the stainless vs. the $700 white, mine came in under a grand. At this size, I'm glad it doesn't have a water dispenser in the door. Ice maker has been working fine but have read others have had problems.

How has the seal between the French doors held up? Do you always open both doors, or do you just open and close one door most of the time? I'm not a fan of the flap that most French door fridges use, but the door on the Kenmore concerned me because it looks like the rubbing between the two seals would either wear a hole in the seal or would cause the seal to catch and damage itself when the doors close.

intelligensys said:   kzookid said:   I have the same one from 2010, it has been pretty good. It costs more to get the stainless vs. the $700 white, mine came in under a grand. At this size, I'm glad it doesn't have a water dispenser in the door. Ice maker has been working fine but have read others have had problems.

How has the seal between the French doors held up? Do you always open both doors, or do you just open and close one door most of the time? I'm not a fan of the flap that most French door fridges use, but the door on the Kenmore concerned me because it looks like the rubbing between the two seals would either wear a hole in the seal or would cause the seal to catch and damage itself when the doors close.

I have a Kenmore French door fridge very similar to this, and I dislike it immensely. If you're not very careful, the doors do not shut all of the way. There is an alarm, but it only goes off if the doors are open a little further. On many occasions, I've found my fridge doors slightly open. The two seals do rub together, which I can only hope will not cause a problem in the future. I've only had mine for 2 years. If I had it to do over, I would have bought another side-by-side fridge. I dislike trying to rummage in the bottom freezer of this one to find things.

I own a kenmore elite french door with the bottom freezer. It is only 6 months old and we are already having problems with the flap on the door. The flap does not go back into position to allow you to close it. You have to line it up to be able to close the door. We are very unhappy with this refrigerator.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014