• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Dell 24" Ultrasharp IPS
Disclaimer
Saw this in my Newegg mail this morning.

Linky

Dell Ultra Sharp 24" Monitor

IPS, 1920x1200 resolution

DVI/HDMI/Displayport

Has the built in USB hub we all know and love.

If you are in the market for an IPS display this is a good deal. If you don't care or know about the difference between IPS and TN, and just want a 1080p monitor, then this deal isn't intended for you.

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Super hot. Glad to see the price of IPS at this level.

Another thread:

link

blueribb said:   Another thread:

link

I apologize, I did a search before I posted it but I didn't see that post.

Jahx said:   I apologize, I did a search before I posted it but I didn't see that post.
I did a search too - that thread was back from Aug 13, but they updated for now. So that thread was originally from a separate (expired) deal.

I'm very tempted - I had an i-inc monitor & this U2412M for a dual setup, and the i-inc just died. This is a really tempting price to replace the dead monitor with an identical clone of what I already have. Should I get this & have 2 U2412M's, or upgrade to a UltraSharp U2711 or HP Promo ZR2740w? Choices choices...

FW CashBack for Newegg says "1.5 - 3.0% back". Which number applies here? If it's 3%, that's an additional $8.67 off, making the total ~$280. That's pretty darn low for this IPS monitor.

hrm the u2412 is a mini of the u2410 which is the true ultrasharp i heard. The true 2410 has hdmi (this one doesnt) and has audio out.

critten said:   hrm the u2412 is a mini of the u2410 which is the true ultrasharp i heard. The true 2410 has hdmi (this one doesnt) and has audio out.

That's not all. The U2410 has a much better color spectrum and has an 8-bit panel instead of the 6-bit panel in the U2412.

DrBlofeld said:   That's not all. The U2410 has a much better color spectrum and has an 8-bit panel instead of the 6-bit panel in the U2412.
Right. Essentially the U2412M is the intermediate-quality IPS monitor, and the U2412 is the high-quality IPS monitor. Both are much better than typical TN panels for color.

1.5% is the Cash Back on this, even then this is a hot deal.
Was able to snag CS6 for $249 the other day will work well together.

jumpfroggy said:   Jahx said:   I apologize, I did a search before I posted it but I didn't see that post.
I did a search too - that thread was back from Aug 13, but they updated for now. So that thread was originally from a separate (expired) deal.

I'm very tempted - I had an i-inc monitor & this U2412M for a dual setup, and the i-inc just died. This is a really tempting price to replace the dead monitor with an identical clone of what I already have. Should I get this & have 2 U2412M's, or upgrade to a UltraSharp U2711 or HP Promo ZR2740w? Choices choices...

FW CashBack for Newegg says "1.5 - 3.0% back". Which number applies here? If it's 3%, that's an additional $8.67 off, making the total ~$280. That's pretty darn low for this IPS monitor.

been scoping this monitor as well. BH Photo has it for the same price with free shipping and no sales tax for those in CA where Newegg is located.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/829236-REG/Dell_469_1137_U...

Have had this monitor for about a year and am going to get another one. This is a great [expletive deleted] monitor. Hands down the best flat panel out there for the price. Green yesterday, green today, and green tomorrow for this monitor at a price like this. Heck, I might buy 2. This monitor IS that good.

Can anyone speak to how this monitor compares to the HP ZR2440w? I've heard the HP has a sharper picture, but I've also owned Dell monitors before and liked them.

GOod deal op. Nice to see deals on IPS monitors. Been thinking about biting.

How do these compare to the e-ips and cheapish new IPS monitors just coming out now?

Like These:

LG IPS235V
HP ZR2440W
ASUS PA248Q
ASUS VS239H-P
ViewSonic VX2336s

Etc...

Just checked and the 21.5 inch (U2212hm) and 23 inch (U2312hm) versions of this monitor are still available for $189 and $199, respectively, after coupon at Dell as detailed in this thread: U2212hm / U2312hm deals @ dell.

My understanding is the 23 inch is a 16:10 monitor, and that the 24 inch in the current deal is a 16:9 monitor. Both panels have the same number of horizontal pixels, while the 24 inch gives you slightly more vertical pixels.

Depending on your application, the 23 inch at $199 is the clear winner of price vs size ratio.

it is eIPS, not h-IPS panel, like Dell U2410

Dell monitors with an "h" at the end of the model number are 1080p, not 1200p.
FYI, this was $279 on Cyber Monday.

I picked one up to replace my vertical 1080p monitor, as it's physically a little too tall for comfort and the missing 120 pixels were too annoying.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.