• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Toys R Us are having a blowout clearance sale

saw Rage on sale under Video games section for $9.98 with free store pick up.

Member Summary

Logo (3.35kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

I'm bummed they don't have it at any nearby stores, and shipping kinda killed the deal for me. Shoprunner never seems to work with them either. Thanks though.

I bought this when BB had it for $5. It has potential, but after playing about 2hrs of it, I started getting REALLY dizzy. After looking around online, it seems like I'm not the only one. I think the "camera" is too zoomed in and the turning motion is a tad too fast. I'm a tad prone to getting motion sickness, but I've never had this problem before playing a video game.

I just finished the game last night. I give it a 7/10. It has a lot of potential, I didn't have a problem with motion sickness/dizzyness. I did have to disable Crossfire for it to work correctly after a new driver came out.

Graphics: 9/10 the graphics are great, no question about it.
Direction: 8/10 the levels are very linear which can be good if you like that, but not so good if you like exploring.
Side quest/games: 9.5/10 winning combat/races in the various dune buggy style vehicles (think death race) are very fun, and it's a plus that this in turn makes the missions out in the wasteland utilizing your vehicle even better.
Action: 5.5/10 the game does almost nothing to reward accuracy, a head shot will not kill (helmet or not) but cause the enemy to stumble and clutch his face, etc. and if you execute a 2nd headshot during this, it counts as body, until the enemy has regained his composure and has resumed firing at you, is another headshot treated as such. This enRAGEd me to no end.
Difficulty: 6/10 I am not an elite gamer, but I'm no slouch, I play most games on normal and expect to have a few sections that require repeated tries, this had none, and I found the normal setting almost stupidly easy.
Other: you don't find a lot of ammo which is annoying, but you have tons of money to buy all you want in town, stock up, and the game is very fun, I wish I hadn't been so miserly and I likely would have enjoyed it more.

I took my time and beat it in 11 hours without trying to rush through it.

All in all, it's a decent game for 10 dollars, it is fun, has varied missions and side missions but isn't quite as full featured as Fallout. If you find the game for $5 definitely pick it up.

Here's a steal:

Rock Band 2 - Special Edition
Includes:
-Game
-Mic
-Wireless Guitar
-Drumkit

FOR $9.98!!

Sadly not in stock anywhere near me. Ever since my Xbox360 got the RROD I've missed playing this game, but I don't have it in me to buy a whole kit for the PS3.

Edit: Link for those interested:
TOYS'R'US LINK

great deal for rock band 2!! no stock anywhere around me too

I played through Rage on the PC (not Xbox) and I really enjoyed it. Well done game.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014