• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Sears
See Sears promo codes that earn 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Kenmore Better Grill Brush (29.88kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
The correct link
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

In 4 one.

Yikes! We're sorry, but that page is no longer available.

shoot, can you imagine what it actually costs to make this thing?
in 4 4 4 gifting my family members/friends who believe they're
grillmasters. hehe

Many grills recommend using only brass brushes as the steel ones are too hard... just FYI.

For the longest time, I was sick of bristle-based grill brushes that mash down into a greasy clump. However, I kept buying them at the local big-box store because I didn't really know of an alternative.

My wife watches America's Test Kitchen and subscribes to their newsletter. They had a segment on the best grill brushes, and the following brush was the winner:

The Grill Wizard Grill Brush

It took me some time to figure out where to buy it. I was confused by a knockoff "Grill Wizard" brush on Amazon that pretends to be the real thing, but the reviews warned me that it doesn't work as well as the original. The genuine brush has a wood handle and double scour pads, while the knockoff has a plastic handle and a single scour pad. His website is a little confusing, but he's an inventor and not a web developer.

I met the guy who makes these brushes. His name is Roy and he makes these out of his garage. When I was ready to place an order, I saw that he lives in Cupertino. I ended up waiting a couple months to go visit him when I was out there for business. You can see some pictures from my visit here:

visit to Roy's shop

He is a really smart guy. All the jigs he uses to build his product are homemade. It was really great to see a true American inventor putting together a superior product to compete on the mass market. Don't be put off by the fact that he calls it his "China brush". I was put off at first, but I found out that everything is sourced in the US except the metal stampings, which come from China to keep the cost reasonable. He is very picky about his metal stampings; he'll throw away a stamping if it has the slightest mark on it. I told him that the name is misleading because his "China brush" is more made in the USA than most brushes you can buy in stores.

The idea of using metal scouring pads instead of bristles is great. The edges on the pad material cut away at grease and crust very well. If they get too clogged up, just remove them and throw them in the dishwasher. I found that if I heat up the grill grates first, then dip the scour pad in a bowl of water before scrubbing, the grates clean up really nicely.

His FAQ also has a lot of good information:

Grill Wizard FAQ

I'm not associated with this product in any way; I'm just a satisfied customer and wanted to make others aware. I ended up buying five of these to get the discounted price. One is mine, I've sold two to friends, and the remaining two will be Christmas presents.

Edit: my intention was not to thread-crap; obviously, the posted deal is a killer price if you just need a bristle brush to get through a season or two!

SafetyDance said:   Yikes! We're sorry, but that page is no longer available.

Click the "Shop Now" link with the picture that the mod provided; it'll take you there.

Or: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07110064000P?sid=I00844...

bfrik said:   An interesting question of safety on these metal bristle brushes.

I use a charcoal grill.

Steps:
I use a chimney to start the charcoal.
Dump the charcoal into the barbecue.
Put the grill on top.
Scrub the grill. (The heat helps with the cleaning)
Go inside and get the food to grill.

Not clear to me how I could leave bristles on a clean grill.
I would spot them immediately, although this has never happened.

OOS

Still in stock for $1.97 with local store free pick-up.

Some stores have a bunch. Some have zip. YMMV.

So I order online one left go up there yesterday wait 15 minutes sorry we don't have any I don't get my $5.00 credit and then I have to get a receipt to take back to cashier where none were open to get a refund I know why no on shops at Sears anymore

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014