• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Norton Internet Security 2013 free for 6 months

http://www.cloudgiveaway.com/2012/09/norton-internet-security-20...

Member Summary

Norton Internet Security 2013
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Got to jump through some hoops to get it working but what the hell. Six months free.

got 6 months for free, thanks op

Will it be hard to uninstall this when time is up?

No, just remove via control panel. if not, use symnrt.exe to remove.

NasdaqTrader889 said:   Will it be hard to uninstall this when time is up?

I use MS Security Essentials. No expiration, and no cost (for anyone with a business under 10 computers). Reviews seem to give it similar marks to paid products.

Butcherboy said:   Norton Internet Security 2013 free for 6 months

http://www.cloudgiveaway.com/2012/09/norton-internet-security-20...

HI

Is this just for a laptop computer or can you use it with a desktop,too?

thanks

z

I can't figure out where to download DSGi_NISNETBOOK_17.0_OEM180_20990888.exe. where is this? Can someone post a link?

hendog said:   I can't figure out where to download DSGi_NISNETBOOK_17.0_OEM180_20990888.exe. where is this? Can someone post a link?
I found no link for the download, too. So maybe we have to ask cloudgiveaway's servicer for help.

Looks like someone notified symantec and they killed the link.

Ok this is going to be hard.

Ty op.

Free is always good. But be careful with Norton Internet Security if you use the Chrome browser. Norton 2011 worked perfectly for me and then I got the 2012 version and it has been a bear since day one. They have some "Confidential" plug-in that makes Chrome hang and crash (especially if you open multiple windows). Doesn't happen all the time, but enough (every other day) to be a major pain. Norton blames Google and Google just ignores Norton because, well Chrome is the world's biggest browser so it's not their problem to fix the code for Norton.

It's been going on forever. Here's the Norton support thread that started in September 2011 and is now 36 pages long with no resolution. The only workaround that seems to work is to disable the plugin in the Chrome settings. It's highly annoying to say the least.

Here's a 90 day version of NIS 2012

Link

anonguy said:   Free is always good. But be careful with Norton Internet Security if you use the Chrome browser. Norton 2011 worked perfectly for me and then I got the 2012 version and it has been a bear since day one. They have some "Confidential" plug-in that makes Chrome hang and crash (especially if you open multiple windows). Doesn't happen all the time, but enough (every other day) to be a major pain. Norton blames Google and Google just ignores Norton because, well Chrome is the world's biggest browser so it's not their problem to fix the code for Norton.

It's been going on forever. Here's the Norton support thread that started in September 2011 and is now 36 pages long with no resolution. The only workaround that seems to work is to disable the plugin in the Chrome settings. It's highly annoying to say the least.

I never use the norton plugins. They are unnecessary. Just disable them.

namlook said:   anonguy said:   Free is always good. But be careful with Norton Internet Security if you use the Chrome browser. Norton 2011 worked perfectly for me and then I got the 2012 version and it has been a bear since day one. They have some "Confidential" plug-in that makes Chrome hang and crash (especially if you open multiple windows). Doesn't happen all the time, but enough (every other day) to be a major pain. Norton blames Google and Google just ignores Norton because, well Chrome is the world's biggest browser so it's not their problem to fix the code for Norton.

I never use the norton plugins. They are unnecessary. Just disable them.

Some people, though, say the plug-in keeps coming back. While a lot like the safe site feature for search results. And when you disable "Confidential" that disappears. All this didn't happen in NIS 2011 and Norton acknowledges it's a problem, but won't do anything but blame Google. It just reflects poorly on Norton. It reminds me of years ago when Norton was always the fastest and cleanest anti-virus program out there and then it become bloated and slow. I switched for a couple years but came back for 2010 and 2011 with no problems whatsoever. But no more, at least with Chrome. And I like Chrome better than Norton.

In past years, NIS has been FAR when the upcoming year's version was introduced in the Fall. I prefer to wait and see if that happens again this year. It would be much cheaper than having to pay to extend coverage after the free 6 months are up.

olav said:   I use MS Security Essentials. No expiration, and no cost (for anyone with a business under 10 computers). Reviews seem to give it similar marks to paid products.For most people, there's more than enough value to having the internet filtering and firewall to go with NIS. Especially FAR. Plus IMO it does a better job of detecting suspicious activity even if no virus is detected.

gordon6971 said:   In past years, NIS has been FAR when the upcoming year's version was introduced in the Fall. I prefer to wait and see if that happens again this year. It would be much cheaper than having to pay to extend coverage after the free 6 months are up.You can buy it FAR now, and then use the product key when this 6 months expires. Just be sure to wait until close to expiration before using it.

I would go with Webroot . I have tried them all, and Webroot is the most effective. It is free if you go through ebates or 75 percent off with Fat Wallet.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014