• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Popular Science (133.70kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
dead - though there was some rag based on my bogus answers available (for free I assume, as I killed it right there) - s... (more)

biosylum (Sep. 13, 2012 @ 2:15p) |

"Due to overwhelming demand, Popular Science is currently out of stock.
* Please feel free to select any other of the fre... (more)

paratoke (Sep. 13, 2012 @ 5:23p) |

Odd, just worked for me.

swan1 (Sep. 14, 2012 @ 7:55p) |

Not working.

E

Worked for me! Thanks OP!

It worked for me. Thank you.

worked for me. thanks OP.

Worked. Thanks. Haven't read PopSci in a long time.

how come popular mechanics never is for free?

nice in for 1

Kabrinski said:   Worked. Thanks. Haven't read PopSci in a long time.

Prepare to be disappointed.

TexasFury said:   how come popular mechanics never is for free?

It comes up at least once a month. When I was in my free subscription spree (thanks to all the FW posters!) I got Popular Mechanics and Science.

In addition to:
Opera News
Watch Magazine
Bass Player
Guitar Player
Car & Driver
Road & Track
Motorcyclist
Dwell
Playboy
Details
GQ
and the list goes on...

Good post, thanks OP.

Thanks OP!

I do wish these deals worked for electronic versions as well. Seems silly that it's cheaper to chop up a tree, make paper, print a mag and have a guy deliver it to my house than it is to download a copy in a few seconds using a tiny bit of electricity.

After entering in all the information the page just sits there. Its showing that its loading a new page but nothing!

I've tried two computers.

I've tried Firefox and IE.

No thanks. I subscribe to "Unpopular Science" through my church.

Hmmm...Popular Science or Modern Railroading....

IDidIt2 said:   After entering in all the information the page just sits there. Its showing that its loading a new page but nothing!

Same here, it must be too popular.

Worked fine.

total junk. I have a paid subscription to this mag. and many a time thought to just call these folks and stop delivery. In the back you have advertisments for male enhancements, pheromone perfumes with detailed descriptions. I have two pre-teen kids at home and have to first scan and tear out all this stupid content. With regard to content, it's really not Science focussed but more technology focussed. If you are looking for a science focussed magazine, order Scientific American.

i'll admit, the Adam & Eve ad is inappropriate, but the Athena Pheromones is freakin hilarious. There's a pic of a fat old hag, and if that's the kind of women the pheromone attracts, you will never want to try it. Not even a free sample.

Finally got it. Had to return and try a second time. Thanks!

work for me

IDidIt2 said:   After entering in all the information the page just sits there. Its showing that its loading a new page but nothing!

Try killing all the cookies, clearing the caches, and changing your IP address.

Ramani said:   With regard to content, it's really not Science focussed but more technology focussed. If you are looking for a science focussed magazine, order Scientific American.And if you want coverage of technology, MIT Technology Review is better.

Failed to complete my order on IE. Went right through using Firefox. Thanks OP.

I work in a hospital, so I sign up for all the $1 or free mag subscriptions I can find. After I thumb through them I bring them to the hospital and leave them in a pile at the nurses' station. The patients are usually very appreciative of the magazines and pass them on from one patient to the next. I think I'm up to about a dozen subscriptions at this point. Every week I drop ten magazines or so on the table and they're all grabbed up in a heartbeat.

With BlueDolphin it's a couple months before they get their stuff together and get the magazines out to me, so I typically have 3-5 issues of whatever magazine ready to go when I show up to work. Every time this thread gets posted I sign up for more. I just keep the best of all the magazines for myself, or tear out a page or two for something I'm really interested in.

For $50 a year I probably drop 500 magazines in my unit for the patients to enjoy. That's about an hour and a half of my pay over the course of a year, and it saves me a lot of hassle dealing with bored patients. It's a very worthwhile investment.

work for me thank you

Tks

Wouldn't go last night, but I still had the "no data received" screen up this morning and it went through immediately. Thanks

cyfan said:   No thanks. I subscribe to "Unpopular Science" through my church.

Quiet, Tom Cruise. Take your bitterness over Katie elsewhere.

Thx OP, last free sub to Pop Science just ended so good timing.

Worked, thanks OP

Great! Love pop science! Would actually consider spending money for it.

worked

It took a while, but I just submitted my renewal. I hope this extends my current subscription. Thanks OP!

Worked for me!

got one last night, thanks!

worked. have to fill out some business questionnaire but it went through.

Worked for me. I just left the screen up after I initially clicked and finally came back to it.

Thanks OP for the heads up. I love Popular Science.

Worked for me

Skipping 5 Messages...
paratoke said:   "Due to overwhelming demand, Popular Science is currently out of stock.
* Please feel free to select any other of the free titles below."

Odd, just worked for me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014