• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

1Sale.com
See 1Sale.com coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Planet Earth (22.01kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is only the 4-disc version. Amazon.co.uk has the 5-disc version for only $0.38 more ($25.37) including shipping to the US (using Amazon Currency Coverter -- may be cheaper to buy in GBP if your credit card doesn't have forex fees). The first 4 discs of that set are identical to the US version, but the 5th bonus disc is in 1080i/50 and may have trouble in some older US blu-ray players.

They also have the 6-disc special edition for $28.85 including shipping to the US, but all the episodes are 1080i/50 video, not 1080p.

ahecht said:   This is only the 4-disc version. Amazon.co.uk has the 5-disc version for only $0.38 more ($25.37) including shipping to the US (using Amazon Currency Coverter -- may be cheaper to buy in GBP if your credit card doesn't have forex fees). The first 4 discs of that set are identical to the US version, but the 5th bonus disc is in 1080i/50 and may have trouble in some older US blu-ray players.

They also have the 6-disc special edition for $28.85 including shipping to the US, but all the episodes are 1080i/50 video, not 1080p.

The UK 2007 5 disc version linked does not have any 50Hz material on it. The 5th disc is 1080i60Hz so perfectly OK in the US.

The 2011 SE 6 disc set IS completely 1080i50Hz on the 5 Blurays and the DVD is of course Region 2/PAL. The US SE is much better value since
all 6 discs are Bluray and it has significantly more video and extras than the UK SE even discounting the potential 50HZ problems

got the one from UK Amazon instead. Thanks!

Consider using a 20%-discounted Lands' End gift card -- which is good at Sears -- from Chase Rewards points for an effective price of $20 + tax. (Obviously you would need to have purchased it already, since they don't send e-gift cards.)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014