• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Good Morning:

I was looking for a ticket on AirTran from Baltimore to Las Vegas to spend Thanksgiving holidays and meet with family. Upon searching on fly.com, I came across one strange fare that was priced the same as others - it included one way BUSINESS class. So I followed the link and received an error that it had sold out. I followed the link to Travelocity and tried some other dates. I was able to book BWI > LAS (one stopover each way)

Thu, Nov 22, 2012
Depart: 02:06 pm
Arrive: 04:00 pm Baltimore, MD (BWI)
Atlanta, GA (ATL) AirTran Airways, Flight 184
Business Class

1 Stop - change planes in Atlanta, (ATL)
Connection Time: 1 hr
Travel time: 1 hr 54 mins
Depart: 05:00 pm
Arrive: 06:36 pm Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Las Vegas, NV (LAS) AirTran Airways, Flight 65
Business Class

Total Travel Time: 7 hrs 30 mins

Tue, Nov 27, 2012
Depart: 07:00 am
Arrive: 01:45 pm Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Atlanta, GA (ATL) AirTran Airways, Flight 338
Business Class

1 Stop - change planes in Atlanta, (ATL)
Connection Time: 2 hrs 45 mins
Travel time: 3 hrs 45 mins
Depart: 04:30 pm
Arrive: 06:20 pm Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Baltimore, MD (BWI) AirTran Airways, Flight 255
Business Class

Good luck, all.

Travelocity
See Travelocity promo codes that earn Up to 13.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Airplane (37.91kB)
Thanks cambraxlex
Disclaimer

The same fares from BWI to Vegas appear all the way through February of 2013. Strange that Southwest has the same flights for over $500 RT, and the Airtran RT flight from Atlanta is about $480. I had to speak to an agent regarding another matter, and she said there were some strange codes showing up for the BWI to Vegas flights. This is the lowest BWI to Vegas fare I have seen in years. I could find no mention of special fares on the AirTran website, either. I already booked one flight in February.

Does Airtran really have a "Business" class?

From their website:

Business Class
Itís Time to Get Comfortable

AirTran Business ClassWelcome to the nationís first and only affordable Business Class. Stretch out in two-by-two seats that offer:

more legroom
more room in the seat
and all the room your elbows could ever want

Youíll also enjoy these benefits that will upgrade your travel experience:

first and second checked bag fees waived
priority boarding so youíre on and off the plane first
complimentary cocktails

Upgrade Your Travel Experience!
AirTran Airways Business Class Upgrades ó Starting at $69

AirTran Airways Business Class upgrades are available for sale by segment. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Business Class upgrade pricing varies by market.

You may upgrade at time of check in (web, kiosks, ticket counter or gate) on a first come, first served basis.

Wow great deal. Sent this to my friend who lives in DC but is from Vegas.

cantstop said:   Does Airtran really have a "Business" class?

Yes, as Jzirkel posted above. It is nothing amazing but still comparable to most domestic carriers "first class" they offer within the USA...I'd much prefer it to Coach!

Wow, that's a GREAT deal!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014