• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip MP3 Player with 4GB Solid State Memory @ Best Buy - $39.99
was $49.99
Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Best Buy
See Best Buy coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip MP3 Player
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have one of the first gen. Its screen will not stay on unless you tap it, and the clip broke off of it. But other than that it works fine.

I have two of the second gen. my second player was dropped enough the volume up button busted off of the board. you can hold it on there and press it and turn the volume up, the case is now broken open but other than that it works great.

I bought a second gen 2 a few weeks ago for $30 shipped. New egg I think it was. It is only a 4 gig where as the other two are 8gig but with a micro sd slot who cares.

I am %100 a clip fan. I mainly do audio books on mine. I love the clip on it and the light weight. I would recommend it to anyone that is into audio, they are not for pics and video and so on. That is what I want.

That being said I prefer the buttons and interface on the first gen the best, the buttons on the second gen are tolerable but not as good. I have never touched a gen 3 and might have bought it if it was the first one I had found a deal on. But looking at it in pictures I don't think I would like it as well as the fist or second gen based on look and layout of the buttons.

Take that for what it is worth, just my $.02

Hmm. I did not realize that mp3 players were still a thing.

But I agree with cpierson that Sansa makes some tough little players.

$34.99 at Amazon w/ FSSS

wordgirl said:   Hmm. I did not realize that mp3 players were still a thing.

But I agree with cpierson that Sansa makes some tough little players.

I used to have to carry 3 things, phone pda and mp3 player.

I gave up the PDA for a smart phone, and thought maybe with the next generation of phones I would be able to get rid of the mp3 player but for my life style it just isn't happening.

I understand how it works for a lot of people, but not me. I always have my clip on me, for my whole lunch hour, working around the house, what have you. I just could not do that with my phone, ymmv, the clip clips on my shirt (the neck part where the buttons are on a polo, what would you call that? my coworkers didn't know either.) and away I go.

So I thought I would be down to two things, except now it is work cell, my cell, and my clip.

cpierson said:   wordgirl said:   Hmm. I did not realize that mp3 players were still a thing.
. . .I always have my clip on me . . I just could not do that with my phone

Have you tried bluetooth stereo headsets?
I was pretty skeptical too, went through several BT headphones ...
until I got Sony MW600 and now I am happy - enjoying mobility, decent battery life,
choice of headphones and internal FM radio. (There are similar models from Samsung and other competitors),
but Sony has small display + does not have annoying-bright-always-on-blue-light

CONs:
1. you do have to have your phone in close range (30-50 feet)
2. limited controls - pause/play, next/previous

PRO: Memory card as big as supported by your phone.
BONUS: if someone calls, no need to run for the phone

P.S. If I had to carry two phones I would consider forwarding calls
from one to another ( depends on minutes usage/plan)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.