• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
www.sprint.com/creditunionprogram

Requires credit union membership

Pre-order the iPhone 5 16GB

-100 port-in from any wireless carrier credit [Visit www.sprint.com/promo/iL29162PC within 72 hours of port-in activation to request your service credit.]
-50 promo code "SAVE50" [PULLED, no longer applicable]
-25 FW CashBack [once you go thru the FW link .. in the same window copy and paste the the CU url Sprint.com/creditunionprogram]
---------------------

-36.00 no activation fee [normally not waived] thx ohmic314 for the correction.
-------------
$39

+10% off monthly charges

After you get the 100 porting credit you could switch to higher discount if you qualify.

Sprint
See Sprint coupons that earn Up to $125.00 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

iPhone 5
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Deal gets even better ... with more cahsback and $100 instant savings

-100 instant savings
-100 port-in from any wir... (more)

happy108 (Apr. 16, 2013 @ 5:09p) |

I have Sprint HTC EVO 4g over 2 years, monthly bill is $92.17. When I try to switch my service to AT&T, Sprint gives me... (more)

sun2000 (Apr. 16, 2013 @ 7:24p) |

wondering if it required renewal of contract

happy108 (May. 24, 2013 @ 4:09p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The SAVE50 code doesn't appear to work with the iPhone 5.

SAVE50 code not applicable to iphone 5 purchases.

Looks like they pulled the code for the iPhone 5. I was able to order it earlier today.

CDMA iPhone 5s will not support talk and surf at the same time. For those who care.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2409716,00.asp

Nice deal if you can put up with sprints speed. First I read it as $44 a month for the iphone, in which case I would have put with sprints speeds.

I don't think we have true 4G in my area with ATT right now. I would be saving 30 plus dollars per month with the credit union member plan.
Def thinking about porting over. Any details on the speeds for Sprint vs the ATT fake 4G

Does Iphone 5 for Sprint have gsm anthena also? Just in case I have to use it abroad.

sausuma said:   Does Iphone 5 for Sprint have gsm anthena also? Just in case I have to use it abroad.
yes

put after porting in title.

so the 100 only applies if you already have a phone with another carrier?

edit: nm i read the terms

johnnyzcar said:   Any details on the speeds for Sprint vs the ATT fake 4G

YMMV

Verizon 4G 30.53Mbps DN / 16.76Mps UP
AT&T 4g LTE 18.85Mbps DN / 26.88Mps UP
AT&T 4G HSPA+ 6.30Mbps DN / 1.65Mbps UP
AT&T 3G 1.05Mbps DN / 0.54Mbps UP
Sprint3G 1.23Mbps DN / 0.91MBps UP

Still not good compared to ATT.

Minimum monthly charges on Sprint with unlimited data (really not useful when Sprint speeds suck really bad) for a family plan of 2 iphone5's with 1500 minutes is $149 (before any discounts etc). ATT with 3 GB data on each line & 700 minutes w/rollover costs $129 with no text messages etc (I don't care for text messsages b'cas iMessage is free anyways). Sprint doesn't give an option for minutes less that 1500 on a family plan with iPhones.

Currently I've unlimited data on my iphone4 with ATT but it seems ATT won't let me keep unlimited data with iPhone5.

Unless Sprint can provide better data speeds they are not competitive.

Instead of the starting price, I would say that pay close attention to what your monthly bill would look like.

I've not analyzed the plans for Individual lines.

AWhat's the monthly charge before taxes?

skim32 said:   CDMA iPhone 5s will not support talk and surf at the same time. For those who care.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2409716,00.asp

Talking & surfing at the same time could come in handy sometimes, but since AT&T has talk & data on the same channel, it's much easier to get saturated with data & then drop voice calls (even if you're not using data). Verizon & Sprint don't have that problem since talk & data are on separate channels.

unfortunately Sprint iphone 5 which has lte is very limited coverage right now. NYC still uses WIMAX which this phone does not utilize.

gold said:   Still not good compared to ATT.

Currently I've unlimited data on my iphone4 with ATT but it seems ATT won't let me keep unlimited data with iPhone5.

AT&T supposedly will let you keep your unlimited data - here's an excerpt from their press release (note that the unlimited plans supposedly won't have access to Facetime over cellular though):

We offer customers the flexibility to keep the iPhone data plans they already have or choose any of our individual or new Mobile Share plans. We're proud that more customers choose AT&T for iPhone than any other U.S. carrier and look forward to making iPhone 5 the newest addition to our lineup.

My LTE Sprint phone says you are . . . WRONG.

http://www.speedtest.net/android/236978983.png

Sprint 4G LTE 31.08Mbps DN / 12.71Mps UP

That was sitting at a red light in Dallas, nothing special about the test.

robby69 said:   johnnyzcar said:   Any details on the speeds for Sprint vs the ATT fake 4G

YMMV

I want Sprint to give me $100 just to stay with them.

Man I had a slighttttt hope the $44 was the monthly charge for unlimited. I just have a case of the sillies lately. I better not sign up for any MLMs or buy a timeshare. LOL

idealguru said:   www.sprint.com/creditunionprogram
-100 port-in from any wireless carrier credit
-50 promo code "SAVE50" [PULLED, no longer applicable]
-25 FW CashBack
---------------------

-36.00 no activation fee
-------------
$44

I'm confused, I understand how you got to $75, but how do you subtract $36 from the final price? Isn't no activation fee mean $0.00? Or is there some coupon that refunds you $36 from activation fees, and you somehow get free activation too. Even then, the math doesn't add up. 75-36 = 39. If you had in the 50 promo, it would have been 75-50-36 = -11... or 75-50+36 = 61... I don't know where you got $44.

brentpresley said:   My LTE Sprint phone says you are . . . WRONG.http://www.speedtest.net/android/236978983.png

robby69 said:   johnnyzcar said:   Any details on the speeds for Sprint vs the ATT fake 4G

YMMV

When did I say anything about Sprint 4G ?

Tempting, I think I'll wait for the Samsung note 2 release next month and decide

is this for any credit union?

any deals on the att iphone 5, I would like to finally move away from TMO now...

YMMV

Not in Center City Philly. on 3G i get 50kbps-350kbps and on 4G (WiMax) I get 1200kbps - 6000kbps with Sprint

how do you get no activation fee?

Appeared to be intentionally left out of the list.

robby69 said:   brentpresley said:   My LTE Sprint phone says you are . . . WRONG.http://www.speedtest.net/android/236978983.png

YMMV

When did I say anything about Sprint 4G ?

For everyone that have complained about Sprint speeds - I agree (have a 4S with Sprint) - The speed sucks !!

Sprint has the slowest 3G network. However, their 4G should be better than ATT

Can say that I know of any initial discounts on iPhone 5, but service wise discounts much higher than 10% are available from almost every school or employee. Check with human resources.

brentpresley said:   Appeared to be intentionally left out of the list.

No, its just that their 4G coverage is so poor right now that it is hard to justify an iPhone on Sprints network unless you are happy with their 3G speeds. And the article I got it out of didn't have a Sprint 4G speed test listed.

Hope this works...

Some of the confusion may be due to Spr1nt's myriad data connections that are in flux. Spr1nt's 3G CDMA data can not work simultaneously with voice. Their WiMax-based 4G can since it's a completely different uplink. However their WiMax coverage (supplied by Clear) is spotty, overloaded and sucks down juice like a FW mod in a troll thread.
Their 'new' LTE-based 4G is just beginning to roll out and only available in select markets. Consider yourself lucky to be in one of those markets, otherwise you're basically stuck with Spr1nt's 3G which has consistently benchmarked as the slowest of the 4 major carriers.

Although not fully on the topic of this deal....I can add a little to the Sprint LTE discussion. I'm in a Sprint LTE city and have an EVO LTE currently....Switching to Iphone 5 next week, but thats a whole different story...Basically, LTE is very spotty right now in Houston. However, it does seem to be working well where I live and where I work...besides these 2 areas, pretty much zero LTE coverage even though their coverage map says other wise. Speedtest is averaging around 15-30 mb down and 5-10 mb up when on LTE...Although not as fast as what I get with my Ipad on Verizon LTE in Houston, it's definetly adequate...I'm going with Sprint for my Iphone 5 mainly for the unlimited and with the hope that they are pretty committed to rolling out the network.

I'm overseas most of the time. Does Sprint unlock its phones for free?

I agree with previous posters that Sprint's speed sucks. I've been a fan of theirs for years but I've recently become irritated with the poor performance in my area (a metro area) and how they are threatening to cancel my discount plus all their BS fees and extras (i.e., $10/extra/month/phone for a 4G phone). This $200/month bill pisses me off each month when I receive it.

How do I get the FW Cash Back and the Credit Union discount? I tried to order through the www.sprint.com/creditunionprogram link, but would only show the 10% discount.

Please help!!

Man, this was sooooooooooooooo temping with the additional $50 as opposed to "just" tempting. Just don't know about Sprint's service coverage and I really don't want to take a chance.

Skipping 44 Messages...
wondering if it required renewal of contract
sun2000 said:   I have Sprint HTC EVO 4g over 2 years, monthly bill is $92.17. When I try to switch my service to AT&T, Sprint gives me 4 months free if I stay with Sprint.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014