rated:
Refurbished 16GB Apple iPad 16GB with Wi-Fi @ Apple Store - $319.00
was $379.00
Free Shipping!

• 9.7" 1024 x 768 LED Backlit Touchscreen Display
  • FaceTime with 2 cameras
  • Integrated WiFi
  • Bluetooth 2.1

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Apple Store
See Apple Store discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

iPad
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
It's cheaper to ship a container back to china then to have one shipped hereas freighters going back to china are in les... (more)

dynamice (Sep. 27, 2012 @ 7:50a) |

Attention Christmas shoppers, the 16GB Black (only) version is in stock for a limited time RIGHT NOW!

Apple Store Black 1... (more)

AManInACan (Dec. 06, 2012 @ 11:49a) |

And it's gone...

zoid99 (Dec. 06, 2012 @ 4:22p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks to me $319 for iPad 2 ver.

That awkward moment when I posted the same deal at the same time as FW staff, and I got the deal header right and they didn't....

Wow it has integrated wifi!!!

Current generation Ipad's are so much better.

Please put iPad 2 in title.....misleading

Says 1st gen at apple website, but I understood 1st gen IPads didn't need a data plan. Right or wrong?

Wrong. 1st gen had 3G version. You can buy any version without a data plan. The 1st version did not have a camera, therefore FaceTime was not possible.

I bought this earlier today and just received the shipping notice. It was shipped from SHENZHEN CHINA. Somehow, I doubt that the device was shipped from the US to China to get refurbished. It must be new!!.

duhmel said:   I bought this earlier today and just received the shipping notice. It was shipped from SHENZHEN CHINA. Somehow, I doubt that the device was shipped from the US to China to get refurbished. It must be new!!.

Considering they manufacture these in China originally, it would suprise you that they might also know how to repair them in China?

aec307 said:   duhmel said:   I bought this earlier today and just received the shipping notice. It was shipped from SHENZHEN CHINA. Somehow, I doubt that the device was shipped from the US to China to get refurbished. It must be new!!.

Considering they manufacture these in China originally, it would suprise you that they might also know how to repair them in China?

It would surprise me to consider that Apple would ship these 6000 miles to be 'repaired'.

as of 09/22/12 the item is out of stock

I have been watching and they were in and out of stock 9/20 and 9/21 throughout the day. I was waiting to sell my ipad 3 and pick up one of these. Ipad finally sold today and no dice.

Was there ever an iPad without wifi?

No

now showing $359.00

Back in stock today

duhmel said:   aec307 said:   duhmel said:   I bought this earlier today and just received the shipping notice. It was shipped from SHENZHEN CHINA. Somehow, I doubt that the device was shipped from the US to China to get refurbished. It must be new!!.

It would surprise me to consider that Apple would ship these 6000 miles to be 'repaired'.
Not me. Anyway, don't iPads break in China?

It's cheaper to ship a container back to china then to have one shipped hereas freighters going back to china are in less demand then freighters coming from China. Apple probably fills up a a 40ft container with ipads and sends it back. The cost per IPad is pretty minimal. Probably saves them a little also as they don't need to buy a new container when bringing that merchandise back to the USA. Manufacturing is much cheaper in china with foxconn employees then repairing it domestically. Not to mention the inventory costs of keeping the parts on hand in the USA and the shipping costs from the manufacturer. They aren't mega cash heavy for nothing.

Attention Christmas shoppers, the 16GB Black (only) version is in stock for a limited time RIGHT NOW!

Apple Store Black 16GB WiFi 3rd Gen REFURB

And it's gone...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014