• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

bestparking.com (43.97kB)
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
not in major cities, You usually don't get a deal on 1-2 hour parking. Have to stay 4 or 6+ hours to see savings. Best t... (more)

MISTERCHEAP (Sep. 18, 2012 @ 3:13p) |

dc's iad airport hourly rate is $4

IndianInUSA (Sep. 18, 2012 @ 3:17p) |

sorry, I thought you meant inner city/downtown type parking. not airport.

MISTERCHEAP (Sep. 18, 2012 @ 3:18p) |

Rather limited, did not display offsite airport parking in San Antonio.

Been using this site for years in NYC. FYI: The guarantee does not actually guarantee a spot at that particular garage.

Not cheapest by far YMMV! Compared 10 days BNA (offsite)and cheapest was $80. Compared to(offsite)BNA using http://www.airportparkinginc.com and the same 10 days was $34 including the booking fee. I have used this same company several times without any problems. And YES it does include free shuttle both directions. They service around 40 parking sites in USA.

Thanks for posting. This will come in handy!!!

RSW cheaper through an area hotel. Econo-lodge it listed is about a fourty minute drive. Green for OP effort.

the best ever for nyc parking.... ive been using it for about 5 years... naturally doesnt guarantee your spot but just print the cheapest 2-3 garages and you're good.

ffrob said:   Not cheapest by far YMMV! Compared 10 days BNA (offsite)and cheapest was $80. Compared to(offsite)BNA using http://www.airportparkinginc.com and the same 10 days was $34 including the booking fee. I have used this same company several times without any problems. And YES it does include free shuttle both directions. They service around 40 parking sites in USA.

ffrob, have you tried globalairportparking.com? Holiday Inn on Elm HIll, always found them pretty cheap. 10 days $31, great shuttle service.

They have about 30 cities, using hotel extra parking space, you get multiple selections of parking sites.
I like them!!

Thanks

I use it all the time, saved me tons of money and time

I have friends who drop me off or pick me up and I thank them with alcohol. YMMV.

Be careful using this site. I've used this site before and it has shown places as being sold out. Quite the opposite, those so-called sold out places have been one of the cheapest options and available.

I would also caution about using this website. For instance, around Oakland, there a widely available coupons online that reduce the parking fees at several places that are not reflected on this website. I easily found cheaper places around OAK.

Just a shout out if you haven't considered this: Your local bus system. $2 there, $2 back. No bugging friends for a ride, no expensive parking, don't even want to know the price of a cab ride. Could be worth checking out.

scrouds said:   Just a shout out if you haven't considered this: Your local bus system. $2 there, $2 back. No bugging friends for a ride, no expensive parking, don't even want to know the price of a cab ride. Could be worth checking out.

yeah... bus ... Oakland .... large bags and travelers checks ... uhhh no thanks.

ForSpud - I will be flying out of Oakland relatively more frequently now - care to share whats spots have you found to be the best? - thanks

TheWrangler said:   ForSpud - I will be flying out of Oakland relatively more frequently now - care to share whats spots have you found to be the best? - thanks

Espresso Parking ... they always have online coupon for around $6 a day. And their customer service is outstanding.

this is the email i send my friends to clarify the parking situation on this website for nyc parking

Go to: http://nyc.bestparking.com/
Select DAILY PARKING
Select either BY NEIGHBORHOOD / ADDRESS / CROSS STREET, enter information and hit enter then:

On left hand side, enter what time you'll be parking and leaving, make sure to leave extra time afterwards (an hour or two if you're running late heading out etc.)

Select regular vehicle, SUV, or large van

The GREEN prices are GUARANTEED. The others are usually accurate but not guaranteed.

Click a green price and click "PRINT COUPON" a popup/new screen will come up, print that.

NOTE: When you click the green price, it will show you how many hours the coupon is for. That does not mean if you select 1pm-3pm and the coupon is good for 6 hours that you can park for 6 hours. Go back onto the left part of the screen and change it to 1pm-7pm JUST IN CASE you feel like staying longer, and print the coupon for that full amount/time.

ALSO: Always print 2 or 3 of the lowest priced options. Sometimes garages/lots fill up! Options are key! You will present the coupon after you go to get your car and pay, you don't have to ask beforehand if they accept.

ALSO: This has NEVER happened to myself, but if for some reason they do not honor the coupon, you can email the website and they'll refund you the different and deal with the garage themselves.

ALSO: You can see where you can park ON-STREET if you prefer, just change "GARAGES AND LOTS" to "ON STREET PARKING" on the left.

jimmyQ said:   this is the email i send my friends to clarify the parking situation on this website for nyc parking

Go to: http://nyc.bestparking.com/
Select DAILY PARKING
Select either BY NEIGHBORHOOD / ADDRESS / CROSS STREET, enter information and hit enter then:

On left hand side, enter what time you'll be parking and leaving, make sure to leave extra time afterwards (an hour or two if you're running late heading out etc.)

Select regular vehicle, SUV, or large van

The GREEN prices are GUARANTEED. The others are usually accurate but not guaranteed.

Click a green price and click "PRINT COUPON" a popup/new screen will come up, print that.

NOTE: When you click the green price, it will show you how many hours the coupon is for. That does not mean if you select 1pm-3pm and the coupon is good for 6 hours that you can park for 6 hours. Go back onto the left part of the screen and change it to 1pm-7pm JUST IN CASE you feel like staying longer, and print the coupon for that full amount/time.

ALSO: Always print 2 or 3 of the lowest priced options. Sometimes garages/lots fill up! Options are key! You will present the coupon after you go to get your car and pay, you don't have to ask beforehand if they accept.

ALSO: This has NEVER happened to myself, but if for some reason they do not honor the coupon, you can email the website and they'll refund you the different and deal with the garage themselves.

ALSO: You can see where you can park ON-STREET if you prefer, just change "GARAGES AND LOTS" to "ON STREET PARKING" on the left.

On Street Parking is not necessarily free. Many are Muni Meters in NYC that only allow for 1-2 hours MAX of parking at the rate of .50 per 10 mins. So parking for 2 hours in the street may cost you $6 for 2 hours. OK if you're not staying long, but if you're having dinner, sightseeing, a show, visiting friends, etc, 1-2 hours is nothing.

I'm not thread crapping, but I don't think I would recommend BestParking.com, at least for Orlando.

I looked at the prices the quoted for various parking lots and I don't have a clue
where they found the high rates they are saying the lots charge.

I just used a lot called Park,Bark,and Fly. BestParking.com says the lot charges
$24.03/day and that they can get you a rate of $11.99 for the first day and $17.04
for the rest of the stay... sounds good?

If you go straight to Park,Bark,and Fly's website they quote the price of $7.99/day uncovered
parking or $10.99 for covered parking.

I looked at another parking lot and I found you would do much better in Orlando by going straight
to the parking lot's websites, apparently not BestParking's site.

BestParking says Orlando Airport charges $51.00/day, while the airport's website says it charge $17.00/day
in the same lot.

Save yourself some money...

p.s. you can go to park,bark,and fly's website and get a coupon for a $5.99/day rate.

ForSpud said:   scrouds said:   Just a shout out if you haven't considered this: Your local bus system. $2 there, $2 back. No bugging friends for a ride, no expensive parking, don't even want to know the price of a cab ride. Could be worth checking out.

yeah... bus ... Oakland .... large bags and travelers checks ... uhhh no thanks.

Used to do it with 2 large duffel bags, BUF to city bus to greyhound terminal and out to the countryside and back to school. Did the same in reverse.

But if your city is too scary for you, you should consider moving.

for orlando, buses 41,42,11,51, and 111 go to the airport, providing good connectivity to the rest of the system.

Thank you for this.

shoppin658 said:   I'm not thread crapping, but I don't think I would recommend BestParking.com, at least for Orlando.

I looked at the prices the quoted for various parking lots and I don't have a clue
where they found the high rates they are saying the lots charge.

I just used a lot called Park,Bark,and Fly. BestParking.com says the lot charges
$24.03/day and that they can get you a rate of $11.99 for the first day and $17.04
for the rest of the stay... sounds good?

If you go straight to Park,Bark,and Fly's website they quote the price of $7.99/day uncovered
parking or $10.99 for covered parking.

I looked at another parking lot and I found you would do much better in Orlando by going straight
to the parking lot's websites, apparently not BestParking's site.

BestParking says Orlando Airport charges $51.00/day, while the airport's website says it charge $17.00/day
in the same lot.

Save yourself some money...

p.s. you can go to park,bark,and fly's website and get a coupon for a $5.99/day rate.

Just checking the service I use, Orlando, for 8 days would be $2.75/day, + tax and $5 fee, globalairportparking.com. I have nothing to do with them

They don't quote what anyone else or airport charges, just gives a quote for your airport and dates. $22 was the cheapest, up to $39 for the same stay. 4-5 choices, I don't remember which

Sub-Total $22.00
Taxes $3.18
Access Fee $0.00
Fuel Surcharge $0.00
Process Fee $0.00
Service Fee $5.00
Total $30.18

Due Now $7.75
Due At Lot $22.43

Parking Starts Saturday, September 22, 2012 6:00 AM

Parking Ends Saturday, September 29, 2012 7:00 PM

Airport: Orlando (MCO)

Parking Facility: Economy Airport Park Orlando

Happy Travels

no hourly parking rates listed?

IndianInUSA said:   no hourly parking rates listed?

not in major cities, You usually don't get a deal on 1-2 hour parking. Have to stay 4 or 6+ hours to see savings. Best to find street parking at the meter for 1-2 hours.

dc's iad airport hourly rate is $4

IndianInUSA said:   dc's iad airport hourly rate is $4

sorry, I thought you meant inner city/downtown type parking. not airport.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014