• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LINK

$9.99 shipped Amazon Prime Matte Black, White, Yellow, Pink. (Green avail, but no Prime)

Review (4S version)
Has a lanyard..

For $10, worth it for the protection until all the major players come out with theirs in October.

Rearth USA website, but they recommend getting it from Amazon.
LINK

Member Summary

Slim Brand Name Case
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks. Picked 2 Belkin ones from best buy. Fit perfect. Now I have ordered same from Amazon for 24.99 shipped. Will ... (more)

king0fSpades (Sep. 24, 2012 @ 10:20p) |

Thanks, ordered a black one. The ones at best buy are garbage. I bought a rocketfish soft case and it sucks. Got an i... (more)

toprammin (Sep. 27, 2012 @ 10:38p) |

Pretty solid for $10 cant go wrong

mechium (Sep. 28, 2012 @ 12:50a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thx OP -- green! Definitely worth the $10 to protect until OtterBox or other good cases release.

skavoovie5 said:   Thx OP -- green! Definitely worth the $10 to protect until OtterBox or other good cases release.

OtterBox iPhone 5 cases are already in stock at Amazon.

Thanks OP. In for one that'll protect my new toy until I really figure out which case I want.

Thanks good find. In for one

Naked is the way to go. I hate adding bulk to devices.

I hope bookbook will release their case soon.

careful with these hardcases, you'll get awefully deeper scratches when durt gets in between the case and phone than having it bare.

Just order one , hopefully get it in time

Thanks...in for two. One green and one yellow

Thanks OP! Just ordered as well!

pinakap0gi said:   careful with these hardcases, you'll get awefully deeper scratches when durt gets in between the case and phone than having it bare.

Good point. I order the thin film layers from Amazon to put on before I put on a case. Keeps the scratches away.

Eryeal said:   skavoovie5 said:   Thx OP -- green! Definitely worth the $10 to protect until OtterBox or other good cases release.

OtterBox iPhone 5 cases are already in stock at Amazon.

Only see the "defender" in stock, others ship 1-2 months. OtterBox website says shipping in October. And its $50

Yeah I thought $50 was steep as well, but I prefer the commuter case which isn't in stock. I read somewhere that they are going to be available in retail stores on 9/21 so that will hopefully be an alternative. Hate to buy a temporary case unless I have to.

Approval, you and I have the same opinions

http://www.amazon.com/Orange-iPhone-Ringke-Feeling-Premium/dp/B0... same case in orange as well, my favorite color

With silicon covers Apple and Samsung devices appear to be similar. I ll keep my iPhone naked. Always!

"For $10, worth it for the protection until all the major players come out with theirs in October."

Then I think I'll offer a 30 day insurance policy for $7.95. More than a 20% discount for a few weeks....think I'll make any money? <grin>

Thanks good find.

i bought our hold-over cases from www.handhelditems.com. Their shipping is pretty quick and the pricing and selection is better than Amazon's.

no noodz? red.

robby69 said:   For $10, worth it for the protection until all the major players come out with theirs in October.A couple high quality players, Incipio and Incase, now have iPhone 5 cases available.

http://goincase.com/products/category/iPhone+5
https://www.incipio.com/cases/iphone-cases/iphone-5-cases.html

salwana said:   Incipio and Incase, now have iPhone 5 cases available.
http://goincase.com/products/category/iPhone+5
https://www.incipio.com/cases/iphone-cases/iphone-5-cases.html

Goincase, not shipping early October
Incipio, not shipping til 9/25

robby69 said:   Goincase, not shipping early October
Incipio, not shipping til 9/25
Thanks. I pre-ordered the iPhone 5 at 10am last Friday so now I have to wait for mine until first week of October anyway.

Want to order one, thanks

In for yellow for the wife! Thanks, OP.

The black version has some pretty bad reviews on Amazon. There are even claims that it is such a bad/tight fit that it scratches the phone.

So I bought THREE cases when I got my iPhone 5, and have spent the past two days trying them all out in an effort to find the perfect case. I'm like that. Here is one man's opinion, in case (get it?) it's of any use to anyone.

Otterbox Defender ($50): I can't imagine a case that will better protect your phone. Looks and feels like something military issue. Has its own built-in screen protector. There were two downsides that ultimately made it not for me. First, the thing really is huge. I would say it's almost comically huge. The iPhone 5 is noticeably smaller than the 4S, but put it in an OtterBox and it looks like you're walking around with a few decks of cards in your pocket. Second bad thing for me: The OtterBox case is very well sealed, which is great, and clearly would offer a ton of water/rain protection. (The case is by no means waterproof, but short of submerging the whole thing in water, your phone isn't going to get wet.) However, because of that, there are little tabs you have to open and close with your fingernail whenever you want to get to the headphone jack, dock connector or the silent/ring switch. As someone with barely any fingernails, I found myself having to use my car keys to open the tabs.

Speck CandyShell ($35): Nowhere near the protection of the Defender -- seriously, short of keeping your phone in a pillow of bubble wrap, I'm not sure anything can stack up -- but definitely offers more protection than a simple snap-on back. It has two layers, the outer rubberized layer, and some sort of different layer inside that looks like it would provide some small measure of protection. Looks great, adds negligible size or weight to the phone. I loved it. Except: It has a very small cutout for the silent/ring switch, and I had trouble getting my finger in there to flip the switch. Not impossible, but I kind of had to turn the phone on its side to do it. I find myself flipping that switch a lot, including when the phone is in my pocket or bag. Still, I was prepared to keep this one and live with that (small) inconvenience. And then number three....

Incase Slider ($35): Very close to the Speck, but has a rubberized/matte finish, vs. the Speck which is glossier. Called the slider because the bottom inch of the case slides off, which I suppose helps make sure your phone will fit in a dock connector. Not that the iPhone 5 will fit in any dock connector you currently own. (Ahem. Thanks Apple.) Anyway, I'd say for protection, this one is about the same as the Speck, and it has a significantly larger opening on the left side where the ringer switch is located. My fat fingers approved, and this is the one I kept.

If you're looking for something well made that adds minimimal size to the phone, but adds some (small) measure of protection, I think the Speck or Incase cases are the way to go. If you are a klutz who is really worried about protecting the phone, get the OtterBox Defender. Just be aware it adds a LOT of size to the phone.

Also, a shopping tip: My Best Buy, which I otherwise loathe, had all of these cases in stock, and piles of them. Apple had none, Verizon had none, and AT&T had only the OtterBox. And yes I committed the sin of paying retail. I promise to atone for that later.

classicmac said:   The black version has some pretty bad reviews on Amazon. There are even claims that it is such a bad/tight fit that it scratches the phone.

The scratches are available from the box. Revolutionary!

MontyBurnsFW said:   So I bought THREE cases when I got my iPhone 5, and have spent the past two days trying them all out in an effort to find the perfect case. I'm like that. Here is one man's opinion, in case (get it?) it's of any use to anyone.

Otterbox Defender ($50): I can't imagine a case that will better protect your phone. Looks and feels like something military issue. Has its own built-in screen protector. There were two downsides that ultimately made it not for me. First, the thing really is huge. I would say it's almost comically huge. The iPhone 5 is noticeably smaller than the 4S, but put it in an OtterBox and it looks like you're walking around with a few decks of cards in your pocket. Second bad thing for me: The OtterBox case is very well sealed, which is great, and clearly would offer a ton of water/rain protection. (The case is by no means waterproof, but short of submerging the whole thing in water, your phone isn't going to get wet.) However, because of that, there are little tabs you have to open and close with your fingernail whenever you want to get to the headphone jack, dock connector or the silent/ring switch. As someone with barely any fingernails, I found myself having to use my car keys to open the tabs.

Speck CandyShell ($35): Nowhere near the protection of the Defender -- seriously, short of keeping your phone in a pillow of bubble wrap, I'm not sure anything can stack up -- but definitely offers more protection than a simple snap-on back. It has two layers, the outer rubberized layer, and some sort of different layer inside that looks like it would provide some small measure of protection. Looks great, adds negligible size or weight to the phone. I loved it. Except: It has a very small cutout for the silent/ring switch, and I had trouble getting my finger in there to flip the switch. Not impossible, but I kind of had to turn the phone on its side to do it. I find myself flipping that switch a lot, including when the phone is in my pocket or bag. Still, I was prepared to keep this one and live with that (small) inconvenience. And then number three....

Incase Slider ($35): Very close to the Speck, but has a rubberized/matte finish, vs. the Speck which is glossier. Called the slider because the bottom inch of the case slides off, which I suppose helps make sure your phone will fit in a dock connector. Not that the iPhone 5 will fit in any dock connector you currently own. (Ahem. Thanks Apple.) Anyway, I'd say for protection, this one is about the same as the Speck, and it has a significantly larger opening on the left side where the ringer switch is located. My fat fingers approved, and this is the one I kept.

If you're looking for something well made that adds minimimal size to the phone, but adds some (small) measure of protection, I think the Speck or Incase cases are the way to go. If you are a klutz who is really worried about protecting the phone, get the OtterBox Defender. Just be aware it adds a LOT of size to the phone.

Also, a shopping tip: My Best Buy, which I otherwise loathe, had all of these cases in stock, and piles of them. Apple had none, Verizon had none, and AT&T had only the OtterBox. And yes I committed the sin of paying retail. I promise to atone for that later.

Thanks. Picked 2 Belkin ones from best buy. Fit perfect. Now I have ordered same from Amazon for 24.99 shipped. Will return best buy ones. Yep. Devil customer.

Thanks, ordered a black one. The ones at best buy are garbage. I bought a rocketfish soft case and it sucks. Got an iluvvit (or something like that) clear case off Amazon as well and its a really good case. Dropped my phone in best buy this afternoon with it and it was good to go.

Pretty solid for $10 cant go wrong

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014