• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
7 Wonders Board Game - $33.11 shipped

http://www.amazon.com/Asmodee-SEV-EN01ASM-7-Wonders/dp/B0043KJW5...

eViLNeWBiE06 op

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

7 Wonders
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

great deal on a great game. Price generally does not drop much lower then this ever.

right. it's absolutly great deal

Would you categorize this game along Risk and Settlers of Catan? Those are the type of board games I like, but both take a long time to play. Would like something quicker.

ibanez16 said:   great deal on a great game. Price generally does not drop much lower then this ever.

Game is offered from at least two other 3rd party sellers for cheaper (with free shipping).

yuphehe said:   Would you categorize this game along Risk and Settlers of Catan? Those are the type of board games I like, but both take a long time to play. Would like something quicker.This *can* play quickly, well under an hour. It can also go 1.5-2 hours. It varies so much by number and type of player, and as with all games- the familiarity of the players with the mechanic of the game is a huge factor.

Having a timer or some sort of shaming device for people who have analysis paralysis is a good thing.

anyone try the two player variant? How does it compare?

Risk usually takes my family 6+ hours

yuphehe said:   Would you categorize this game along Risk and Settlers of Catan? Those are the type of board games I like, but both take a long time to play. Would like something quicker.This game plays much quicker than Risk and the time to play is pretty predictable once every player has learned the basic mechanics.

It has a fixed number of turns, so it can't take all night. My friends and I usually get in 2-3 games per evening and not a long evening at that.

One of the very nice mechanics of this game is that everyone's turn is more or less simultaneous, which helps with game flow with a larger number of people. i.e. in a normal game with 5 players, you take your turn and then have to wait for four others to take their own turns in sequence -- that can be a lot of idle time and can cause the game to feel like it's dragging. In 7 Wonders, you are making the decisions for your turn at the same time as those 4 other people -- nobody is waiting without anything to do.

I highly recommend the game. It's fun, it's easy to learn, and it has sufficient variability for a fair number of re-plays (plus, you can add expansions if you start getting tired of the basic variant.) It's not an ideal choice for those who want a game without an element of chance, as card selection will dictate your best options and one can't guarantee victory through application of superior strategy. It has sufficient strategy involved to be interesting but it's not essentially a contest of skill.

yuphehe said:   Would you categorize this game along Risk and Settlers of Catan? Those are the type of board games I like, but both take a long time to play. Would like something quicker.

I've played a quick 20 minute game of Catan before with 4 people! you just have to set time limits for those who over-analyze their moves when it's their turn instead of looking at option #1 and option #2 ahead of time when the person is playing prior to your turn.

best part about this game is that it can accommodate 7 players, and the games/turns are quick (<< 1 hour). it's pretty fun too if you can deal with the randomness and you like making the best possible move out of a few choices.

It's nothing like risk or settlers.

people play in a circle and interact mostly with their immediate neighbor to the right and left. each turn they have to pick a card from their deck (which will help them build their "wonder" and acquire money/resources/structures needed for points at the end of the game) before passing the deck on to their neighbor. there are many different ways to get points, which make tabulating scores difficult, so I recommend getting the Android app (7 Wonders Score Card) to help with that.

price has been about $34 or so since June 1.
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Asmodee-SEV-EN01ASM-7-Wonders-Game/pr...

I see it says recommended age 10-14. Is that about right or could an 8-year-old get it?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014