• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

PSA Patrol Rifle with Aimpoint PRO
Disclaimer
This is the 16" hammer forged, chrome lined, 1:7 twist barrel. Includes
Aimpoint Pro optic. A great deal we haven't seen since late last year.

Link

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'd prefer 1:9 twist ratio myself...This is also a little on the expensive side in my opinion. A decent AR-15 can be had for under $700 (without optics of course). Who knows though, you might take this thing out for a day and fall in love with it.

I think the optic is about $400,if so a pretty darn good deal.I'm tempted.

Even comes with a BUIS as well.

BlurryEyed said:   This is also a little on the expensive side in my opinion. A decent AR-15 can be had for under $700 (without optics of course).Such as?

miizer said:   BlurryEyed said:   This is also a little on the expensive side in my opinion. A decent AR-15 can be had for under $700 (without optics of course).Such as?

I too have seen deals for around $600-700 but they are harder and harder to come by lately.
$699

$699

$630

All you have to do is look at gun deal sites or google it.

Richardito said:   I too have seen deals for around $600-700 but they are harder and harder to come by lately.
$699

$699

$630

I wouldn't put these in the same class as the PSA*, but sure, if you want something cheaper, it can be had with some hunting around.

*Not looking to start a big debate on this issue. For those who are interested in comparing the various AR15 brands, there are many forums to get information including m4carbine.net and ar15.com.

BlurryEyed said:   This is also a little on the expensive side in my opinion. A decent AR-15 can be had for under $700 (without optics of course).

Let's see how simple math works.

PSA 16' Hammer Forged M4A1 Patrol Rifle Package: $999.99 (shipping currently free)

Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic: $373.30 (shipped - Midway - cheapest I've found recently)
Magpul MBUS $55.05 (shipped - AIM Surplus)

That makes the price of the rifle $571.64.

miizer said:   Richardito said:   I too have seen deals for around $600-700 but they are harder and harder to come by lately.
$699

$699

$630

I wouldn't put these in the same class as the PSA*, but sure, if you want something cheaper, it can be had with some hunting around.

*Not looking to start a big debate on this issue. For those who are interested in comparing the various AR15 brands, there are many forums to get information including m4carbine.net and ar15.com.

Why are you saying that? Have you personally fired and reviewed all the AR-15 rifles mentioned here to reach that conclusion? I'm sorry, but PSA is not a prime AR-15 builder. You are just another poster willing to write anything to defend your "deal". Please be realistic and understand that most of us understand 100% what you are trying to do. Let's just stick to the facts here and not just your conjecture...

Very good deal on a solid system. PSA uses quality parts, their barrels are FNH, and Aimpoint's no slouch either. Not to mention their excellent lower components. You can not assemble this by yourself for anywhere near this price.

Richardito said:   Why are you saying that? Have you personally fired and reviewed all the AR-15 rifles mentioned here to reach that conclusion? I'm sorry, but PSA is not a prime AR-15 builder. You are just another poster willing to write anything to defend your "deal". Please be realistic and understand that most of us understand 100% what you are trying to do. Let's just stick to the facts here and not just your conjecture...No, I haven't. But I've spent a lot of time on m4carbine. I suggest you do the same. Might change your mind about Bushmasters and Del-tons and where they stand relative to PSA, and this model in particular. Not saying PSA is on the same level as Colt, BCM, DD, or the other top tier names. But Del-ton and Bushmaster are bottom tier. PSA is not.

I have nothing to gain by defending this deal. I couldn't care less about FW badges. Just giving back to the FW community and sharing what I think is a good deal.

MaxMojo said:   Very good deal on a solid system. PSA uses quality parts, their barrels are FNH, and Aimpoint's no slouch either. Not to mention their excellent lower components. You can not assemble this by yourself for anywhere near this price.Not all their barrels are FNH, but the barrel on this model is, which is one of the reasons this is a good deal. FN barreled rifle for ~$600. Hard to complain about that!

miizer said:   Richardito said:   Why are you saying that? Have you personally fired and reviewed all the AR-15 rifles mentioned here to reach that conclusion? I'm sorry, but PSA is not a prime AR-15 builder. You are just another poster willing to write anything to defend your "deal". Please be realistic and understand that most of us understand 100% what you are trying to do. Let's just stick to the facts here and not just your conjecture...No, I haven't. But I've spent a lot of time on m4carbine. I suggest you do the same. Might change your mind about Bushmasters and Del-tons and where they stand relative to PSA, and this model in particular. Not saying PSA is on the same level as Colt, BCM, DD, or the other top tier names. But Del-ton and Bushmaster are bottom tier. PSA is not.

I have nothing to gain by defending this deal. I couldn't care less about FW badges. Just giving back to the FW community and sharing what I think is a good deal.

Likewise - just want to get some solid info out there.

Here's the deal... if you want to become a competitive target shooter, then yes- there are set-ups that will consistently get you closer to the bull's eye. Tighter tolerances, better material, a bit different engineering etc. Of course that will cost you. But if you want a rifle that will fire when you need it to, and get you in the 10 ring, and keep its value, then this is will def do the job - and then some.

If you wait for sales on components, you might be able to assemble this for $100 - $150 less - maybe, but then maybe not.

You can't go wrong with this! Throw on an Adams Arms piston system in the future and it's ready for anything!

deal dead? showing $1,199?

mdrollas said:   deal dead? showing $1,199?Yeah, back to regular pricing.

Price is back to $999.99. Shipping is $15.00

Great for when I have to patrol my neighborhood again,lol

omg so tempting...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014