• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Ooma Telo
Disclaimer
This Ooma Telo is NEW and NOT a Refurb! We've had Ooma for over 3 years and it's always been crystal clear and reliable. Just divide what you're paying for phone service monthly into $120 to see how quickly Ooma will pay for itself.

Regular Price $199.99, Sale Price $149.99, After 20% off coupon BIGDEALS $119.99 plus Free Shipping and FW Cash Back!

http://www.officemax.com/technology/phones-headsets/voip-phone-s...

Consumer Reports in their June 2012 edition rated Ooma #1 over all other VOIP, Landline and Fiber Optic phone companies.

The Ooma Telo connects to your high-speed Internet and existing home phones, allowing you to enjoy free home phone service, free U.S. calls, and exceptionally low international rates.

Features• Free calling within the U.S. and low international rates
• Caller-ID, Call-Waiting, and 911
• Outstanding voice quality and secure, encrypted phone calls
• Easy setup most users are making calls within 15 minutes
• Compatibility with any home telephone -- no PC or headset required
• Option to keep your current number or select a new one
• 30-day money-back guarantee and extendable 1-year warranty
• Free trial of Ooma Premier -- our suite of enhanced calling features

Ooma lets you make free U.S. local and long distance calls over the Internet. Just plug your high-speed Internet connection and regular home phone into Ooma, and you're ready to call anywhere in the U.S. for free. And unlike other VoIP systems, there's no need for a PC or a headset- just use your phone like you normally would.

With Ooma, the unlimited nationwide calls are free, but nominal taxes and fees are required. The good news is, they’re a lot less than you’d ever imagine.

Enter zip code for your Local Taxes/Fees: Calculator

Member Summary

Ooma Telo
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
No, as of a year ago or so ALL new Ooma activation (from any new or used unit) are subject to monthly fees.

arribasn (Oct. 21, 2012 @ 9:18a) |

The price is $114.79 on Amazon now. I was able to choose the free slow delivery and get $3 in mp3 credits.

fewsilly (Dec. 12, 2012 @ 2:57p) |

Yes you can fax. You enter *99 in front of the number and it puts the system in fax mode for that call....

awishon (Dec. 12, 2012 @ 3:09p) |

Ooma Taxes/fees History

3 years+ ago, no fee/taxes
starting 2 years ago, $11.75 per year
starting about 1-2 years ago, ~$42 per year

Starting this year 2012, depend on location
It is as high as $72 to $84 per year

For example, zipcode 20853, $6.9 a month, 94115/94118, etc, $6.59 a month, etc.
People in other forum pointed out Ooma hasn't fully implement their local fee/taxes system yet (Think about how many cities in USA and each has different rate). So in time, different zipcode will also include the additional local tax/fee if they haven't already.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP. Just ordered 1 for parents.

In for one. Thanks, op!

don't forget the tax. mine showed $131 plus total with tax so NO GO, will get for around $120 at Amazon or other online stores soon

I guess with this i can stop unplugging the phone when i want to use the internet. Nice

Lame, I just bought this about a week ago for $10 more from OfficeMax. I love it so far. Great deal OP - thanks for the share!

Thanks OP! I've purchased mine.

soxfan2004 said:   Lame, I just bought this about a week ago for $10 more from OfficeMax. I love it so far. Great deal OP - thanks for the share!
Looks like you have 14 days to get your $10 back:

OM Price Policy

Not 100% sure (I've never actually done it), but it looks promising. Might not be worth a special trip, but if you're going by one anyway it can't hurt to try.

don't forget shopdiscover 5% CB

OOMA is great. Have had it for about 3 years and use it for work daily. Never any problems. I probably average one dropped call a YEAR. (3 total so far.)

Oomhub customers who dont pay monthly tax can upgrade to this.. but earlier this year, Ooma started requiring payment of recovery fee after upgrading

How is http://www.nettalk.com/ different than OOMA? My friend uses nettalk and he said good things about it. What's the difference beside nettalk is much cheaper.

They have a comparison chart: http://www.nettalk.com/competition

Ooma is more upfront but cheaper longer run.. Nettalk has a yearly fee, Ooma is basically free (normal taxes apply).. I have Ooma premier for Google Voice..

OOMA is awesome! I've been using it for at least two years for my home office...it works great!

gurunani said:   don't forget shopdiscover 5% CB

Will the coupon code invalidate the 5% CB? I used it with coupon 1x and it was ok, but have read others where both will not work when combined??

Can one fax with this?

yes u can fax

titleist1 said:   gurunani said:   don't forget shopdiscover 5% CB

Will the coupon code invalidate the 5% CB? I used it with coupon 1x and it was ok, but have read others where both will not work when combined??

I have received CB in conjunction with coupon code for many items.

Ok, in for 1. Thanks OP!. Old school Sunrocket user turned Teleblend and been happy ever since but I can't figure out a reason not to do this. I barely use home phone, but don't want to be without and even at $18 a month, after a year, I'm gonna stop hemorraging cash to a telco. What's not to love?

so much ooma, not enough time

Here is a deal those who want OOMA premier may want. Link I just did it and the OOMA rep told me premier includes porting of a phone number. $49 plus 18 month commitment to premier.

Masters said:   Ooma is more upfront but cheaper longer run.. Nettalk has a yearly fee, Ooma is basically free (normal taxes apply).. I have Ooma premier for Google Voice..And NetTalk does not play well at all with google voice if you have other forwarding phones. Nettalk uses early media, it answers every call; so the other forwarding phones will ring once then stop. And since google sees the call as answered, google voicemail will initiate while the Nettalk Duo is still ringing the phone.

I use voip.ms right now and have been very happy with it. One thing i like you about it is that one can block calls from certain area codes, phones numbers, etc for no fee. Does ooma have that ability to block calls like voip.ms for free too?

Masters said:   Ooma is more upfront but cheaper longer run.. Nettalk has a yearly fee, Ooma is basically free (normal taxes apply).. I have Ooma premier for Google Voice..

Not true! OOMA costs $3.73/month (taxes and fees). That's $44.76/year. Nettalk costs $30(plus tax)/year. Nettalk also allows you to save even more by prepaying your bill 4 years in advance.

Ooma
Nettalk

How are people making this pay? It's only a hair cheaper than the phone company with some of the fiber bundles, at least for the first few years. I guess the major issue is whether one opts for premier.

Nice gadget.

I/we are under the impression that phone line is at least $20/month for basic local service+tax(which is at least $5)-which used to be $30+. This is $3.50 a month with unlimited long distance with caller id/waiting.

Most of the voice bundle I see are like $33 for each service- $33 for high speed internet, $33 ... so ~$100/month. Uverse is ~$125 at least (I guess its why they can pay you a $350 rebate)

bobley said:   How are people making this pay? It's only a hair cheaper than the phone company with some of the fiber bundles, at least for the first few years. I guess the major issue is whether one opts for premier.

tuan2 said:   I/we are under the impression that phone line is at least $20/month for basic local service+tax(which is at least $5)-which used to be $30+. This is $3.50 a month with unlimited long distance with caller id/waiting.

Most of the voice bundle I see are like $33 for each service- $33 for high speed internet, $33 ... so ~$100/month. Uverse is ~$125 at least (I guess its why they can pay you a $350 rebate)

FiOS can be $85/mth for web, but $100/mth for it all, before say $200 rebate. My issue is I don't want TV. A second line is $10. Taxes are less than on copper. Ooma says fax is more reliable with the phone company.

Thx OP!

gadgetfan said:   Nice gadget.

Agree. It's been the best electronic gadget investment we made over 3 years ago when they were well over $200.

Why is Ooma better than Magic Jack?

Is there an additional fee to keep your current phone number? Or is it free to keep your current phone number?

plainview said:   Why is Ooma better than Magic Jack?

Is there an additional fee to keep your current phone number? Or is it free to keep your current phone number?

Generally Ooma is regarded as the most stable and best quality VOIP service. Consumer Reports ranked it the best phone service (even above landlines). That said, it is more expensive, with up front cost and ongoing taxes. Porting your number is $40 one time fee, or if you pay for their $10/mo Premier feature package, porting a number is free.

gadgetfan said:   Nice gadget.

So is the pc.

plainview said:   Why is Ooma better than Magic Jack?

Most have found out that MJ is a gadget that is not reliable.

bobley said:   How are people making this pay? It's only a hair cheaper than the phone company with some of the fiber bundles, at least for the first few years. I guess the major issue is whether one opts for premier.

It's only a hair cheaper than the phone company with some of the fiber bundles

Bundles is the issue.

YSJ said:   I use voip.ms right now and have been very happy with it. One thing i like you about it is that one can block calls from certain area codes, phones numbers, etc for no fee. Does ooma have that ability to block calls like voip.ms for free too?

All of these services have the FREE block feature, right?

I have an original model with no fees of any kind, any call in is from eBay....

Saw it at 129.99 at Costco today

Boise

Wads

Wads said:   Saw it at 129.99 at Costco today

Boise

Wads

Although Costco is $10 more you do get Costco's great return policy. However, if you're paying $40+/mo. for a landline like I was 3 years ago I see Ooma as being almost disposible since it paid for itself in 3 months in this case. So great return policy or not I'd go with the cheaper price.

Skipping 60 Messages...
Yes you can fax. You enter *99 in front of the number and it puts the system in fax mode for that call....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014