• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Price Reduced by 55-60%

Scotts 20 Lbs
Item #: 323745
Scotts 20 Lbs. Turf Builder EZ Seed Fescue - now 24.99 (SALE: $26.74 ;REG: 53.48)
Amazan $33.50 and HomeDepot $50

Scotts 10 Lbs
Item #: 305320
Scotts 10 Lbs. Turf Builder EZ Seed Fescue - now $14.99 (SALE:$15.74 Was: $31.48)
Amazan $29 and HomeDepot $29

Scotts 3.75 Lbs
Item #: 305319
Scotts 3.75 lbs Turf Builder EZ Seed Fescue Lawn - now $7.37 (SALE: $7.88 Was: $15.77)
Amazan $11 and HomeDepot price more that $14

purposely changed Amazon spelling so that the link will not appear as it was confusing for fatwallers

plus shopdiscover 5% CB

Lowe's
See Lowe's promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

scotts
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
You don't need to buy hay or peat moss for small areas. Make sure your ground temp is over 55 degrees and daytime air te... (more)

lowpricewanted (Sep. 23, 2012 @ 11:24p) |

Thanks OP! Tried the traditional method in the spring with fresh topsoil and raking it in. Came up fine, but didn't la... (more)

Red55 (Sep. 24, 2012 @ 5:33a) |

EZ seed doesn't contain soil, so I don't see how this will help you. Maybe you bought just the annual rye grass which o... (more)

SafetyDance (Sep. 24, 2012 @ 6:44a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks!

tonysohn said:   Thanks!
I guess we can buy few and store it for next year

gurunani said:   tonysohn said:   Thanks!

Wrong, Fall is the best time to re-seed, no competition from weeds at this time of year.

jschuman said:   gurunani said:   tonysohn said:   Thanks!

Wrong, Fall is the best time to re-seed, no competition from weeds at this time of year.

Thanks for info! I learned something in regards to garden.
My wife will be happy!

in for 5 bags. thanks and the timing could not be better. GREEN for ops!

Reviews on Lowes website don't sound quite positive...

From Scotts' web site:

"When to Apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed, because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60F and 80F"

Pagannagap said:   From Scotts' web site:

"When to Apply
Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed, because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60F and 80F"

posted this deal but never bought but now I am in for 2

Green for Amazan usage!

love this .thanks for sharing

Still In Stock

Horrible reviews kills this 'deal'..

How to kill it?

Do yourself a favor and go to your local nursery and buy your grass seed in bulk there. Get a couple $5 bales of hay and you are ready to go. This stuff doesn't have much seed in it.

Amazon is actually selling the 20lb bag for $57. Don't know where you say $33.50.

gurunani said:   How to kill it?

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1218083/

Check target in stores I saw this for 70% off.

SafetyDance said:   gurunani said:   How to kill it?

Ha ha ha! +1

price match at Home Depot and they will take off addition %

SafetyDance said:   Do yourself a favor and go to your local nursery and buy your grass seed in bulk there. Get a couple $5 bales of hay and you are ready to go. This stuff doesn't have much seed in it.

So what is your magic method for seeding? I hear 83 different ideas as to how this works but I've never been very successful. You put hay over the top? Other people recommend peat moss.

Neppem said:   SafetyDance said:   Do yourself a favor and go to your local nursery and buy your grass seed in bulk there. Get a couple $5 bales of hay and you are ready to go. This stuff doesn't have much seed in it.

So what is your magic method for seeding? I hear 83 different ideas as to how this works but I've never been very successful. You put hay over the top? Other people recommend peat moss.

No magic involved. Prep the soil, put down seed, cover with hay (just as a mulch to retain moisture) and keep area moist (water in morning and evening).

Those who already bought can ask for the price difference from Lowes.
for those interested in buying Turf Builder EZ Seed Fescue, the price is reduced 4 -5% more from the post earlier. see the updated price.

Green. Thank you.

This is a fantastic deal. If you purchase online through Fatwallet you can even get Cash Back with in store pickup. Take an extra 2% off. Thank you very much

jschuman said:   gurunani said:   tonysohn said:   Thanks!

Plus seed has an expiration date. Look closely at the back of your bags.. usually toward the bottom. After a certain time limit, it just loses its ability to grow.

SlamminMOFO said:   jschuman said:   gurunani said:   tonysohn said:   Thanks!

Plus seed has an expiration date. Look closely at the back of your bags.. usually toward the bottom. After a certain time limit, it just loses its ability to grow.

Eh, I've used "expired" seed and it still grows grass. Maybe only 80% germinate rather than 90. Oh well.

gurunani said:   SafetyDance said:   gurunani said:   How to kill it?

Ha ha ha! +1

Careful with that, it might kill you too.

VicVinegar said:   SlamminMOFO said:   jschuman said:   gurunani said:   tonysohn said:   Thanks!

Eh, I've used "expired" seed and it still grows grass. Maybe only 80% germinate rather than 90. Oh well.

There are many factors involved.. planting location (the part of USA that you live in) , how it was stored in the shipping truck, warehouse or store, temperature of storage, etc.. There a possibility that very little can grow too. Thats why they date them.

Neppem said:   SafetyDance said:   Do yourself a favor and go to your local nursery and buy your grass seed in bulk there. Get a couple $5 bales of hay and you are ready to go. This stuff doesn't have much seed in it.

You don't need to buy hay or peat moss for small areas. Make sure your ground temp is over 55 degrees and daytime air temps at least in the 60s with sun or 70s without. The surface should be lightly roughed up with a rake but not chunky. Hand toss or spread seed per directions and use extra if it is from last year. Now cover seed with a fine layer of dirt, just enough so you don't see but a few seeds peeking through. To make this easier I made a sifter out of 2x4 scraps about 2 feet long by a foot wide with a piece of hardware cloth(1/4 inch squares) nailed to the bottom. Hold it in your hands with a few shovelfuls of dirt and shake over the seeds. It works great for a small area like less than 200 sq feet. Now spray with water lightly and use the shower or a finer spray setting on your garden nozzle. Use just enough to keep the soil damp but not saturated where puddles begin to form. Unless it is cloudy you will likely have to water twice a day (or three times a day on hot summer days) for a few days until germination starts. In the fall make sure you have at least a month before the grass will encounter a heavy frost or freeze. Let it grow 4 or 5 inches before the first mowing and be gentle until it is well established.

Thanks OP! Tried the traditional method in the spring with fresh topsoil and raking it in. Came up fine, but didn't last. Wondering how good that topsoil was . . . Now I'll tried the Scotts EZ seed method. In for 2!

Red55 said:   Thanks OP! Tried the traditional method in the spring with fresh topsoil and raking it in. Came up fine, but didn't last. Wondering how good that topsoil was . . . Now I'll tried the Scotts EZ seed method. In for 2!

EZ seed doesn't contain soil, so I don't see how this will help you. Maybe you bought just the annual rye grass which only last one season then dies away.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.