• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Pops-a-Dent Ding Repair Removal Tool Set Kit for Car Vehicle Auto Automobile

http://www.meritline.com/pops-a-dent-ding-repair-removal-tool-se...

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

With 3.5% Cash Back (if the notice above applies) and the price slightly lower than Amazon's, this appears to be a decent deal (not sure I'd call it "hot" but we don't have a "decent deals" forum). Does anyone know what kind of glue is included? Just common hot melt glue or something special?

About $12 on eBay with buy it now auctions. Maybe even cheaper if you bid....

link

Good to know such a thing exists!

boulos said:   About $12 on eBay with buy it now auctions. Maybe even cheaper if you bid....

link

thanks, I get the daily deals alert from ML and try to post up the items I think people would find of interest (as opposed to the outright junk or useless stuff).

Some items are off the beaten path like this one, and I don't have a reference point to know if it's the best price out there (and lack the time to hunt the item down on other sites in the interest of getting a gob of deals posted).

So the comparisons are appreciated, if nothing else, helps people get the best price on an item that may not otherwise get shared on FW.

Before you buy were any of you aware of the "the canned air and hair dryer trick"; i.e. heat dent with hair dryer for 3-4 minutes and then hold compressed air can upside down and spray over heated area? Might work and a can of compress air is less than $15.

Wouldn't dry ice work better? Not sure how much it costs but canned air is $5 and it runs out pretty quick.

thc said:   Wouldn't dry ice work better? Not sure how much it costs but canned air is $5 and it runs out pretty quick.Unless you have a lot of dents or a really big one a can of air should be sufficient.

Dry ice is too complicated. You need an insulated container and good gloves. How do you plan on applying dry ice to vertical surfaces or to something bigger than the width of your two hands?

Meh. Bring it home in whatever cooler you have. Handle it with whatever barbecue tongs you have. It's not rocket science.

If it's bigger than the width of your two hands I'm not sure any heat+cold treatment will pop it, but at that point it's usually pretty easy to pop from behind by hand unless it's somewhere that can't be accessed by unscrewing things.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014