• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Looks to me like you must supply your own stripped lower...

Members use coupon SK669 to double their membership discount, non-members use SH629 or SH424 for Free Shipping over $75 or for members only SN833 or SN968 good for $20 off no minimum. Outfit your rifle right. DPMS has been building AR-15s and accessories for more than 20 years. Their passion for production of mil.-spec assault rifle parts is unmatched, and you'll see it in every precision-machined component of this complete lower parts kit. Included is a full suite with the obvious exception of the lower receiver. Grab it and give your AR-15 some TLC.
Included:
16" chrome-molybdenum, light-contour threaded barrel, chambered in 5.56 x 45 with 1-9 twist
Glacier Guard handguard and Delta Pack
A2 flash suppressor
Full carrier group
Gas tub
Charging handle
Single-roll gas block.
Weighs approx. 7 lbs.

Here ya go...

Member Summary

rifle kit
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Worthwhile kits from del-ton $470-$490

http://www.del-ton.com/ar_15_kits_s/1.htm
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sportical = no forward assist and no dust cover. Better to spend your hard earned dough on a full milspec AR...just my 2 cents

fixed link, and it's up to $461 if you're a member.

So who neeeds a dust cover and a handle on the front anyways,Most of us are not in combat situation where we need a dust cover and the forward grip does little if anything to change accuracy, just more BS from the groups that pay more for a weapon that does the same thing"Go Bang" nice price OP and a very accurate shooting weapon btw

buster2 said:   So who neeeds a dust cover and a handle on the front anyways,Most of us are not in combat situation where we need a dust cover and the forward grip does little if anything to change accuracy, just more BS from the groups that pay more for a weapon that does the same thing"Go Bang" nice price OP and a very accurate shooting weapon btw

You've never actually owned or shot a gun huh??

A forward ASSIST, is not a Forward Grip or handle, and has NOTHING to do with accuracy.... I am not going to say any more... Look it up and educate yourself..

ANYWAY, while the Sportical doesn't have some of the option that Mil-Spec rifles have, it is still quite acceptable for the common sportsman. Pair it up with a New Frontier Poly Lower for a $550 AR, or cheaper with a stripped lower... not bad. Besides, it's fun to build your own, especially if it's your first and you don't want to spend alot of money.

Alot of uppers can be found for cheaper, but most don't come with a BCG and Charging handle, or full lower parts kit, which combined can add up to another $200...

Added a much better option in the quick summary

http://www.del-ton.com/ar_15_kits_s/1.htm

I misread the foward assist as grip, my bad either way neither are needed for accuracy or shooting and I prolly have more weapons than you'll ever have, forward assist is not a necessity in 99.9% of cases involving shooting a weapon especially this model which was designed for enjoyable shooting not a combat weapon as soooo many here seem to think they have to have or will ever use, get off the video games kids and try some real fighting one day and you'll realize that. Most all AR's manufactured nowadays rarely need it as they hardly ever jam which is what the forward assist is designed to assit in implementing the locking of the bolt,totally unecessary on this and many other models for sale nowadays as this weapon has readily replaced the 22. of yesteryear

BlurryEyed said:   Sportical = no forward assist and no dust cover. Better to spend your hard earned dough on a full milspec AR...just my 2 cents

For plinking and general use I don't see any real need for a forward assist, or dust cover. Unless you plan to shoot mid sixties vintage ammo made with ball powder, or go on patrol in the mud and dust, those features just aren't that useful.

However there is a feature missing on this upper that would make it a no go for me. It has no brass deflector, anybody who has fired more than a couple hundred rounds through an M16 or AR15 pattern rifle left handed will understand this problem. When I first went into the Army they issued us older M16A1 rifles, that didn't have the brass deflectors, so if you were a left handed firer, you had to use a goofy plastic deal that was designed to be wedged into the inside of the carry handle, that would not work on a flat top rifle. Unless I am missing something anybody wanting to fire this left handed may be in for a face full of hat brass.

buster2 said:   I misread the foward assist as grip, my bad either way neither are needed for accuracy or shooting and I prolly have more weapons than you'll ever have...

Paintball and airguns don't count... and bragging about it usually means not... but, whatever big guy. Happy shooting.

The reason you want a dust cover and forward assist is resale value, the same reason you buy a chrome lined hammer forged barrel; only very few of us will ever shoot out a barrel.

A milspec Colt will probably appreciate but this gun certainly won't.

buster2 said:   I misread the foward assist as grip, my bad either way neither are needed for accuracy or shooting and I prolly have more weapons than you'll ever have, forward assist is not a necessity in 99.9% of cases involving shooting a weapon especially this model which was designed for enjoyable shooting not a combat weapon as soooo many here seem to think they have to have or will ever use, get off the video games kids and try some real fighting one day and you'll realize that. Most all AR's manufactured nowadays rarely need it as they hardly ever jam which is what the forward assist is designed to assit in implementing the locking of the bolt,totally unecessary on this and many other models for sale nowadays as this weapon has readily replaced the 22. of yesteryear

? I gots moar gunz? About the forward assist tell that to the round when it sticks or when you are running cheapo steel casings and the BCG needs a nudge. Since for the same price you can get this and a dust cover it make more sense to do so. I am sorry the AR is not the replacement for the old 22. The .233/5.56 Nato has too much velocity to be safe for many piratical purposes, a Ruger 10/22 is the right tool for the right job for a lot of smaller game and much safer to shoot and far cheaper to as well.

Avoid Sportsman's Guide at all costs. This isn't the old standby company we know and love anymore. They can't even muster a 4 out of 10 on Reseller Ratings and the plethora of 1 star reviews echo my personal experience with them.

Link

That being said, I've done business with Del Ton and you can't lose ordering from them. Probably the best AR value you'll find.

DamnoIT said:   The .233/5.56 Nato has too much velocity to be safe for many piratical purposes

I prefer a AK-47 for piratical purposes.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014