• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Text

Bodum® 12-oz. Brazil French Press Coffeemaker

$17

The Brazil French press coffeemaker proves that great taste does come naturally, with a beautiful design that can brew an impressive cup of coffee.

• 12-ounce capacity
• just add hot water and ground coffee
• beaker is constructed of a durable, heat-resistant borosilicate glass
• features an easy-pour spout
• BPA-free plastic handle and base
• three-part stainless steel filter for maximum flavor extraction

Glass/plastic/stainless steel. Measures 3.125x4.5x6.375"H. Dishwasher-safe. Imported

JCPenney
See JCPenney promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

coffee press (109.05kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • JCPenney Coupons:
    AFFSHOP1
    15% off any order (expires 4/3/15 2:59am)

We are sorry, but this product is not available at this time.

Captainboy said:   We are sorry, but this product is not available at this time.

it is still available, jcpenney has a wonky website.
just search bodum. thanks,

Is this THAT good of a deal? It shows $19.99 at Amazon.com. A 34 oz Bodum is also just $19.99 at Amazon.com. I'm really new here and don't post much but have looked at this site for months. To me, a deal would at LEAST be 25-45% off, more in the $12 or $13 range.

megachecker,I was wondering the same thing. I didn't see the "before" price, and this just didn't seem to be a great buy. Maybe I'm just too cheap. Um, frugal. Thanks, all, though for OP and replies. I'm subscribing to see what others say.

Nice, I did purchase from Amazon this past Feb.

Bodum Brazil 8 cup French Press Coffee Maker, 34 oz, Black
Sold by Amazon.com LLC (Amazon.com) $19.74

megachacker said:   Is this THAT good of a deal? It shows $19.99 at Amazon.com. A 34 oz Bodum is also just $19.99 at Amazon.com. I'm really new here and don't post much but have looked at this site for months. To me, a deal would at LEAST be 25-45% off, more in the $12 or $13 range.

CPenn said:   megachecker,I was wondering the same thing. I didn't see the "before" price, and this just didn't seem to be a great buy. Maybe I'm just too cheap. Um, frugal. Thanks, all, though for OP and replies. I'm subscribing to see what others say.

The posts on this site are made by people like you and me. They are NOT made by the site itself.
What this means is that sometimes (many times), the "deals" here will be non-deals. Some people get so excited at 10% off, they pee in their pants, and run around telling the whole world about it.

The danger in this is that a lot of newbies, and more than a few "seniors", fall into the trap of thinking if it's posted here, it must be good. Several pull the trigger first, and ask questions later.

Of course, then there are those who are so jaded, 50% off doesn't move them. To each, his own.

Having said this, just the %off means nothing. An item that almost never goes on sale can now be had for 5% off, it's a good deal. Some Apple products and Callingmart fall into this category. An item that pretty much goes on sale all the time at 50% off, is now at 40% off, obviously is not a good deal. Sears tools and Kohl's Big One fall into this category.

Sometimes an item is not even on-sale, but is available at a good price. Some FWer will post it just to make us aware of it's existence. IMHO, that's a good thing. For example "Hey guys, instead of buying this shirt for $20 (down from $80), buy this other better shirt for $15 (regular price $15). It's a concept we need to work on. To recognize value irrespective of the "discount".

OP has a great product at a pretty good price, making it an excellent value. Make it sweeter by buying JCP cards at discount.

its an ok deal. I would hesitate to call 15% off a HOT deal on this item.

randi4ni said:   its an ok deal. I would hesitate to call 15% off a HOT deal on this item.

The biggest problem here lately is that before posting a "deal", some people don't look to see what everyone else is selling it for before clicking SUBMIT in the hot deals forum.

Never assume that just because it's posted here it's a HOT DEAL newbies. If you think that, you will be paying full price for plenty of items.
This forum is now loaded with items that are 1-2% off, or 25% off but you have to pay some ridiculous shipping charge (which a lot of the poster don't tell you, you have to find out on your own.)

If it's not a "HOT DEAL", I'm not sure why you guys are giving it green.
Then again, if you want to make FATWALLET money, I guess give it green so the newbies can think they are saving money and break out their credit cards.

Remember, this is Fatwallet, we don't pay full price for anything.
..and if it's an item posted here for a few dollars off, make sure to check the shipping charges because some lazy posters won't tell you, and in the end you won't be saving a penny. But hey, their post count went up!

$8 shipping kills this "deal".

HardwareLust said:   $8 shipping kills this "deal".

JCPSHIP
Free shipping with orders over $50

Add some fillers to make your total $50.

archena said:   HardwareLust said:   $8 shipping kills this "deal".

JCPSHIP

$33 worth of fillers on a $17 item to avoid $8 shipping charge?

Well Amazon still has the 8 cup for $19.99 and I would always find something to add to make my total $25.

archena said:   HardwareLust said:   $8 shipping kills this "deal".

JCPSHIP

Are you serious?
You're telling them to add $30+ in "fillers" just to get free shipping?

If you still want a 12 oz press - I love my 8 cup one and this is still available on Amazon

Just buy 3

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014