• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saw another thread about a Linksys router on eBay and someone mentioned the Cisco store. I went looking around and saw this for $39.99 with free shipping. If you use code HSDISH5 another 5% comes off, for a total of $37.99.

Model: Linksys EA2700-RM
Technology: Wireless-N
Bands: Simultaneous 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
Transmit/Receive: 2 x 2 for 2.4 GHz, 2 x 2 for 5 GHz
Antennas: 4 Internal
OS Compatibility: Windows, Mac
Software Setup: CD Install
Ethernet Ports x Speed: 4 x Gigabit
Cisco Connect Software: Yes, App Enabled
USB Port: No USB Port

Link

They have a bunch of other refurbs on sale as well (link). There's the Linksys E2500-RM dual-band N600 for $35 and an E900-RM N300 for $20 (both pre-5% discount).

Not sure how these stack against Netgear, Belkin and others, but seems like a good deal.

Member Summary

Linksys EA2700
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I bought one in the hopes of being able to manage the router remotely for the parents who live in another state.

Here's to hoping their new cloud connect works!

Sorry wont buy Cisco/Linksys after what they pulled. The push updated a lot of their current generation routers to Cloud Connect. Cloud connect isn't just for admin, its also so they can montor your traffic and sell the aggregated data to 3rd parties. Welcome to spyrouyter 101. More detail http://www.grc.com/sn/sn-360.txt or listen to the podcast. Open source firmware FTW.

A cool 7dBi Antenna Mod Kit is available for this unit on eBay. No soldering required. Looks cool!

bought one last week at this price - working great so far. Good speeds and easy to setup. Avoid the cloud connect - you have the option to not install it.

Replaced a refurb Linksys WRT54GL that finally gave out after 4 years of Usenetting

edit- you can still manage it remotely w/out cloud connect. Just enable remote browser access (https port 8080).

CheapFlyer said:   I bought one in the hopes of being able to manage the router remotely for the parents who live in another state.

Here's to hoping their new cloud connect works!

dd-wrt + ssh you can remote into their router

I dont think this router supports dd-wrt though.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2012/07/freeing-yo...

interesting article on the firmware for this router

Truth is once you get a decent router you shouldn't need to manage. I have asus at my moms for years running ddwrt with vpn.....never really need to do anything for many years. Not even reboot.

have netgear at my sis also ddwrt she has kids xbox etc so heavy use. Only power cycle occasionally.

i hate cloud connect BS but these are good prices and may be much better than what folks are currently using. your cable is selling your aggregated data anyway and doubleclick and facebook know even more....then get more from axiom to know your credit card habits.

At least you'll have solid wifi with few drops so you can be tracked better!

Does this have a USB port to connect a printer, scanner etc?

How does this work in a setup where Motorola Modem from Comcast and a Linksys router from Lingo are MUST?

Model: Linksys EA2700-RM
Technology: Wireless-N
Bands: Simultaneous 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
Transmit/Receive: 2 x 2 for 2.4 GHz, 2 x 2 for 5 GHz
Antennas: 4 Internal
OS Compatibility: Windows, Mac
Software Setup: CD Install
Ethernet Ports x Speed: 4 x Gigabit
Cisco Connect Software: Yes, App Enabled
USB Port: No USB Port

These are same with mine,but I cost it $33.8 before.

Cloud Connect.. new to me, lol. Googled it.. What a joke. They can sell anything now that integrates with mobile phones.

In 4 1 - about the lowest I've seen for this level of router (need something decently peppy with wired capacity for TiVo - I know there's the wireless connector thing you can get but I'm not going to spend the $60 they want for it - and for an individual in the household who may or not have issues with wireless). It will be nice to have the capability to have a wireless printer and both of my computers running without a barrage of cables

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.