Summer Clearance at Walmart

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I went to my local WalMart and saw a isle with a bunch of summer toys on clearance.
Here are some I noted:

Super Soaker Thunderstorm for $5.00
Super Soaker Tornado Strike for $12.00
Super Soaker refill clip canister $.75
Also they had a huge bottle of Bubble soap for.$.25 reg 2.98

Again they had a lot of other things but only looked at these.

Member Summary

Super Soaker Thunderstorm
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

They put a HUGE amount of craft stuff on clearance this week at my local WalMart, as well. As always, YMMV, but at my store it looked like 2/3 of their bead stock got little red stickers.

Too bad it's not online.

from what i've heard many walmarts are "cancelling" (for lack of a better word) their entire craft department. this may be an indication of that in your area, so it may be a good sign that more cheap goodies are yet to come...

I unfortunately work part time at nj WalMart. All the philly/nj walmarts just redid their craft departments. So it obviously might be a store specific thing,rather than a company wide departmental deletion.

loslonelyman said:   I unfortunately work part time at nj WalMart. All the philly/nj walmarts just redid their craft departments. So it obviously might be a store specific thing,rather than a company wide departmental deletion.

This looked like a redo to me. They seemed to be moving in new stock, probably reducing the bead selection a little and shifting more space to other crafts, but I did see some new bead stock.

There was a time when the phrase "cheap Chinese beads" was synonymous with the phrase "craptastic beads." Now, they're really kind of awesome, especially for the price.

And they discontinued our local fabric department ... but now it's back. Not as big as it was, but you can get the basics (interfacing, muslin, calico, zippers, thread, etc.) I can't imagine they'd backtrack on a reasonable investment, including new cutting tables and training, so quickly. IIRC, there wasn't much - if any - real discounting when they dropped the fabric department a few years ago. The entire department just went *poof*. Discounts seem to be reserved for stock rotated out of existing departments.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014