• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
El Linko

Free ship to store.

1GHz Qualcomm proessor w/ 512MB RAM; Android 2.2 Froyo; 4.1" Screen, 480x800; 2GB w/ MicroSDHC expansion; A-GPS & S-GPS; CDMA 800/1900 & 3G support; 1400mAh battery; 5MP camera w/ 720p HD video

Walmart
See Walmart promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Virgin Mobile
See Virgin Mobile promo codes that earn $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Looks pretty similar to a Droid X and probably the best pre-paid phone for the money out there right now. You'd probably still be better off buying a used Droid X on eBay for $80 and putting it on pageplus.

Got this phone from VirginMobile last year for about $130 around Christmas time 2011. The phone is decent. Drop it a few times in the street and it still works. Flash it with CM7 which gives me working tether and hotspot. Not sure if they fixed the CM9 yet where the camera doesn't work.

pdiggity said:   Looks pretty similar to a Droid X and probably the best pre-paid phone for the money out there right now. You'd probably still be better off buying a used Droid X on eBay for $80 and putting it on pageplus.

Reviews are mixed on this phone. Some say it is terrible unless you flash a ROM on it.

This is definitely a good price for the phone, but it is also $150 in-store at Radio Shack.

2 Months ago you could have gotten this phone for $99 at Radio Shack.

halterk said:   2 Months ago you could have gotten this phone for $99 at Radio Shack.

Argh, if only my time machine was still working....

HKSturboKid said:   Got this phone from VirginMobile last year for about $130 around Christmas time 2011. The phone is decent. Drop it a few times in the street and it still works. Flash it with CM7 which gives me working tether and hotspot. Not sure if they fixed the CM9 yet where the camera doesn't work.

I dropped this about 20 times at work over the past year, tripping over the wire while recharging it and have the phone land on the floor. Still works! Not bad for $130 from the Christmas deal

Replace mi Optimus V pretty good for that price i got mine for $250 like two years back

It's pretty sad that VM and Motorola took a Chicom phone (this is a rebadged Huawei device) and couldn't even get Gingerbread updates shipped out.

I avoid it because nobody in this equation deserves my business. For a little bit more you can get Android 4.0 Bliss without having to hack your phone.

With any luck, Triumph owners might be getting the Jelly Bean update.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/...

I had this phone and paid full price for it from VM when it launched. The main problem I had with it is battery life. I'd plug it in at home at night, plug it to the car when I get to work, still, it would always die by 4pm or so... maybe it's the spotty coverage I have at work but it's still a frustrating exercise. I'm now with Republic Wireless. $19/mth for unlimited everything fits my budget nicely.

As a previous owner of this phone, this is too much for this phone. Unless you just HAVE to have a 4" screen, pick up the HTC One V ($150 at Radio Shack). If you've got a little extra money and want a 4"+ screen, I recommend the HTC Evo V ($229 at Radio Shack). The Motorola Triumph is a junky Huawei phone with a lot of issues. Only debate getting one if you plan on rooting it and updating the firmware. If you don't root and update it, all the issues with getting a 3G signal and GPS will make you pull out your hair. The battery life sucks as well.

FWIW, I think that Radio Shack is currently selling the Triumph in store for $149.99...which makes this deal ice cold. It's a discontinued model now.

ProppaT said:   As a previous owner of this phone, this is too much for this phone. Unless you just HAVE to have a 4" screen, pick up the HTC One V ($150 at Radio Shack). If you've got a little extra money and want a 4"+ screen, I recommend the HTC Evo V ($229 at Radio Shack). The Motorola Triumph is a junky Huawei phone with a lot of issues. Only debate getting one if you plan on rooting it and updating the firmware. If you don't root and update it, all the issues with getting a 3G signal and GPS will make you pull out your hair. The battery life sucks as well.These comments are consistent with the prevailing sentiment at Howard Forums. It has a following among users who root and install new ROMs, but the signal and GPS issues are baked into the hardware. That's why I've stayed away from it. On paper, the specs look good, but in daily use it'll break your heart.

excoriatorb said:   These comments are consistent with the prevailing sentiment at Howard Forums. It has a following among users who root and install new ROMs, but the signal and GPS issues are baked into the hardware. That's why I've stayed away from it. On paper, the specs look good, but in daily use it'll break your heart.

I used it as my daily phone for a year. Honestly, it's not QUITE as bad as myself and others make it out to be. It works, with a lot of quirks. But, for $25/m at the time, you knew there'd be a catch. And, at the time, it was a huge upgrade to the Optimus V...which was a reliable phone, but slow as hell and required me to have to clear the internet Cache at least once a day.

Man, what a difference a year makes. Virgin Mobile went from having phones that were acceptable for a $25/m plan to having a handful of phones that range from good to GREAT. Granted, you may be able to get the $25/m plan with the Triumph, but is it worth it? Almost everyone has been super happy with their HTC One V. It's a quality phone at a fair price. For $229, the HTC Evo V is a deal that frankly can't be beat when you factor in the fact that they give you 4G is crazy for $35/m. My 4G speeds range from 1.5mbps at peak times to 11mbps at off times. I don't even get 11mbps on my home internet, which is quite a bit more. I just hate seeing people drop a lot of money on old, buggy tech when there's better options for less money (One V).

careful with this phone.

i have one that stopped charging - and motorola sent me a new battery - still NO JOY!

here's where it gets interesting.
I've used this phone on a US network (Virgin Mobile) but now they are refusing support stating that the phone was registered/produced to be used in HONG KONG - therefore they cannot perform any repairs to my phone.

I purchased mine DIRECTLY from VM last november - so how the hell could it be that it was set up for use in hong kong, but shipped to my U.S. address when ordered directly from VM!?!?!?!?!

what a joke!!!!

HKSturboKid said:   With any luck, Triumph owners might be getting the Jelly Bean update.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/...


Highly unlikely. "Details forthcoming" will turn into "prepaid excluded" in about 3... 2... 1...

Don't buy this thinking you'll get $100 off another Motofail in a few months.

lemonhead said:   careful with this phone.

i have one that stopped charging - and motorola sent me a new battery - still NO JOY!

here's where it gets interesting.
I've used this phone on a US network (Virgin Mobile) but now they are refusing support stating that the phone was registered/produced to be used in HONG KONG - therefore they cannot perform any repairs to my phone.

I purchased mine DIRECTLY from VM last november - so how the hell could it be that it was set up for use in hong kong, but shipped to my U.S. address when ordered directly from VM!?!?!?!?!

what a joke!!!!


Call Virgin Mobile and complain to them. They're Motorola's real customer.

asuka said:   lemonhead said:   careful with this phone.

i have one that stopped charging - and motorola sent me a new battery - still NO JOY!

here's where it gets interesting.
I've used this phone on a US network (Virgin Mobile) but now they are refusing support stating that the phone was registered/produced to be used in HONG KONG - therefore they cannot perform any repairs to my phone.

I purchased mine DIRECTLY from VM last november - so how the hell could it be that it was set up for use in hong kong, but shipped to my U.S. address when ordered directly from VM!?!?!?!?!

what a joke!!!!


Call Virgin Mobile and complain to them. They're Motorola's real customer.

does me no good - my number has since been given to someone else and i would have to activate another account and pay monthly charge for them to help me - what a bunch of crap - I'm not 100% sure, but i bet that's not outlined in their terms and conditions.

ETA:

Unbelievable - I have no choice now to go back to VM for a fix. apparently since the device was purchased from VM and not Motorola, Motorola won't help me either.

TWO OUTSTANDING COMPANIES.....NOT!

so I guess I'll have mom "swap phones" on her account tonight and then I'll call back in and put her phone back on the account once I have confirmation on the repair.

it's too bad she just bought a new phone, otherwise I'd have her switch away to another carrier. I wonder....could the Sprint store help me???



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014