• Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
Sounds like you were the winner. Since I was preordering Cinderella anyway, I tried getting a discount with the 2 disc Avengers. The cashier was most cranky. I simply didn't bother, so I just bought the card. I'll still get Cinderella and a clock for a total of $20 out of pocket, with $5 going toward Tinkerbell as well. Not great, but not terrible.

If I only want Cinderella+Brave, is this correct?

$5 preorder Cinderella by 10/1. Get a free clock, and save $10 on any other Disney Blu Ray
$30-$10-$5 coupon = $15 to pick up Cinderella, the Cinderella clock, and preorder Brave on 10/2
$y-5 to pick up Brave (from the $5 initial deposit)

Where
y = Brave release week price

Then it seems like the total outlay would be $15 (Cinderella) + however much Brave will cost at release, minus any coupons that Disney may offer for it.

SUB said:   If I only want Cinderella+Brave, is this correct?

$5 preorder Cinderella by 10/1. Get a free clock, and save $10 on any other Disney Blu Ray
$30-$10-$5 coupon = $15 to pick up Cinderella, the Cinderella clock, and preorder Brave on 10/2

Where

Then it seems like the total outlay would be $15 (Cinderella) + however much Brave will cost at release, minus any coupons that Disney may offer for it.

Close, but not quite. The preorder card for Brave is unfortunately only $8, so Cinderella will cost $17 to pick up.

FYI - When I was trying to do the Avengers deal, they were scanning at regular price - not the advertised ones. Looking back, the ad online never showed up - I only had gotten the printed ad.

Well, the cashier had a photocopy of the ad and in the top, hand written in black marker, it said "test market". I wonder if that's where they are moving to. When I did the return of my preorder, I mentioned Target had a better price and they told me they would match it - so maybe I'll try this as target put out the combo pack at $28 vs. $30 TRU did.

For the cinderella deal, I did get the ad.

Looking forward to starting this daisy chain today! Missed out on a bunch earlier this year like Lady and the Tramp, Pocahontas and all the sequels released.

No issues at TRU today.

Picked up Cinderella 3pack which scanned at $30. Then pre-ordered Tinker Bell and that deducted $10. Also, used the $5 coupon as well. And got the clock. Had to ask for it, as they did not have it 'visible'.

Didn't bother trying to do a PM.

Oh forgot to mention... Like an idiot I forgot to give them the Disney coupon the first time. So had to return everything and start from scratch.

I haven't made it over there yet because my Tuesdays are often insane. Plus, my TRU said they didn't have them in yet (though I doubt the validity of the email). Thanks for the update...at least I know I won't have to worry about it.

Picked mine up the other day also with no problems. Bought Pirates: On Stranger Tides with my pre-order of Cinderella. Was $22.99 - $10 preorder discount - $5 coupon I had sitting around + $5 preorder = $12.99 + tax for the first round. Then yesterday picked up Cinderella and free clock ($14.99 retail - uh huh....sure) for $29.99 - $5 deposit (paid previously) - $5 disney coupon - $10 Tinkerbell preorder discount + $5 preorder = $14.99 + tax.

Not bad so far - $28 for 2 blu-rays with $5 of that going towards the next one in the chain - hopefully disney will keep the coupons coming. So far averaging about $12 per movie - will see how it all shakes out at the end.

So far I brought Avengers 2 disc to use as a xmas gift since I ordered the 3d one for myself.
Avengers $18.68 out of pocket
Cinderella $11.29 out of pocket

my toy r us did not have a brave preorder yet and am not sure I want to use the Tinkerbell one

any way to pm with cinderella receipt

Picked up Cinderella today and had two more observations.

1) Only one pre-order discount per disc. Somebody on SD was claiming the discounts could be stacked, but the computer definitely does not do that. It will grant one, but not both.

2) Price matching worked, but I can tell from the system they have in place it is going to be HIGHLY YMMV.

Redbeard25 said:   Get $10 more back on top of all this if you eat Kellogg's cereal.

LOL...I was just about to post in your thread that I hoped you didn't mind if I mentioned this here. Great find...and enjoy the new badge.

DoctorDeals said:   SUB said:   If I only want Cinderella+Brave, is this correct?

Where

Close, but not quite. The preorder card for Brave is unfortunately only $8, so Cinderella will cost $17 to pick up.

Ok, so I'm a little late to the party as I didn't think we needed Cinderella, but apparently our copy is toast. What is the best way for me to do this now if I want Cinderella and Brave but none of the others?

Thanks.

fallonjp said:   Ok, so I'm a little late to the party as I didn't think we needed Cinderella, but apparently our copy is toast. What is the best way for me to do this now if I want Cinderella and Brave but none of the others?

There aren't really any great options. At this point you will basically save $8 on Cinderella and pay release week price for Brave (or potentially price match or use a coupon if one becomes available). Honestly, I suspect you could do better if you just wait for a good sale. Historically, there can be some decent Disney movie sales during Black Friday, although that is by no means a given.

If you were absolutely set on getting it now, buying the 2 disc set would yield the biggest percentage savings, I think ($8 off $30).

DoctorDeals said:   fallonjp said:   Ok, so I'm a little late to the party as I didn't think we needed Cinderella, but apparently our copy is toast. What is the best way for me to do this now if I want Cinderella and Brave but none of the others?

There aren't really any great options. At this point you will basically save $8 on Cinderella and pay release week price for Brave (or potentially price match or use a coupon if one becomes available). Honestly, I suspect you could do better if you just wait for a good sale. Historically, there can be some decent Disney movie sales during Black Friday, although that is by no means a given.

If you were absolutely set on getting it now, buying the 2 disc set would yield the biggest percentage savings, I think ($8 off $30).

I suppose I could always pre-order Nemo when I pickup Brave in a few weeks to save a few extra $$$, and then just attempt to return the pre-order. Thanks for all the info, I'll figure something out.

fallonjp said:   I suppose I could always pre-order Nemo when I pickup Brave in a few weeks to save a few extra $$$, and then just attempt to return the pre-order.

Good point. Even if you never return the Nemo preorder, you will save an additional $3 on Brave.

Return on preorder is straight forward - You do need to find a manager or CSR that knows how to do it.

Tinkerbell $5 coupon - available via DMR site... Good on Blu-Ray and DVD combo pack

rsuaver said:   Tinkerbell $5 coupon - available via DMR site... Good on Blu-Ray and DVD combo pack

Looks like it might only be on the 4 disc version. Great find. Thanks.

If you can successfully price match, Target will have the 2 disc and 4 disc for $23 and $28 respectively. I will update OP with 3D info.

DoctorDeals said:   rsuaver said:   Tinkerbell $5 coupon - available via DMR site... Good on Blu-Ray and DVD combo pack

Looks like it might only be on the 4 disc version. Great find. Thanks.

If you can successfully price match, Target will have the 2 disc and 4 disc for $23 and $28 respectively. I will update OP with 3D info.

Good luck with the price match. I tried at TRU today when I purchased Cinderella. They had the 2 disc listed for $29.99 while Target and others had it for $24.99. I was told that they will only match the price from a print ad, so unless you can find what you are trying to price match in a Sunday (or other?) ad then you're SOL. I'm gonna keep my eye on the Sunday paper this weekend to see if anyone is still advertising Cinderella, which I doubt, as I was told I had 7 days to match. Oh well, still got the $8 off with Brave preorder and the free Cinderella Alarm Clock which my daughter would love if only she could tell time

fallonjp said:   Good luck with the price match. I tried at TRU today when I purchased Cinderella. They had the 2 disc listed for $29.99 while Target and others had it for $24.99. I was told that they will only match the price from a print ad, so unless you can find what you are trying to price match in a Sunday (or other?) ad then you're SOL.

The biggest issue with a Tinker Bell price match is that the Target ad doesn't specifically mention 3D, even though it is clearly the 3D disc referenced. Thankfully, I don't anticipate any issues at all with my TRU, as my experience with Cinderella was that their attention to detail is, um, lacking.

For anyone ever trying to PM at any retailer, print out a copy of the terms and conditions (they are available on the internet) read it, follow it (by having a print ad), and bring it to the store. Problems tend to be minimal from that point on.

fallonjp said:    I'm gonna keep my eye on the Sunday paper this weekend to see if anyone is still advertising Cinderella, which I doubt, as I was told I had 7 days to match.

Two disc Cinderella will be $20 next week at Target.

Let's see if they'll have any freebies with tinkerbell to sweeten the deal...

DoctorDeals said:   fallonjp said:    I'm gonna keep my eye on the Sunday paper this weekend to see if anyone is still advertising Cinderella, which I doubt, as I was told I had 7 days to match.

That would be fantastic and will save me another $10 if it's in the ad this Sunday. Thanks for the heads up.

fallonjp said:   DoctorDeals said:   fallonjp said:    I'm gonna keep my eye on the Sunday paper this weekend to see if anyone is still advertising Cinderella, which I doubt, as I was told I had 7 days to match.

That would be fantastic and will save me another $10 if it's in the ad this Sunday. Thanks for the heads up.

It is in the ad. That's how I knew...i saw a scan.

Great post and math skills

No need to price match Tinker Bell, as TRU will have the 2 disc for $23 and the 3D for $28, just like Target.

DoctorDeals said:   fallonjp said:   DoctorDeals said:   fallonjp said:    I'm gonna keep my eye on the Sunday paper this weekend to see if anyone is still advertising Cinderella, which I doubt, as I was told I had 7 days to match.

It is in the ad. That's how I knew...i saw a scan.

Didn't see Cinderella in my Target ad, but Best Buy did have the 2 disc for $19.99 in their ad this week. Looks like I'm making a trip to TRU for a price match tomorrow.

Thanks!

$5 coupon is good for either for the 2D or 3D combo pack. So it will be $23-$8-$5 for the 2D. It will be a gift or I would flip it. Or return the preorder and go for Brave instead...

Updated OP with a new $3 Tinker Bell/Goya foods rebate.

pre-ordered FINDING NEMO and picked up SECRET OF THE WINGS (4 disc) for $17.59
I had already preordered it from the Cinderella deal

I'm sure the veterans around here are aware of this already (if what the chasier told me was true), but when I went in to purchase Cinderella and pre-order Brave (with a Best Buy $19.99 price match), the cashier told me that normally the last day of the pre-order pickup window the DVD's will drop in price. For Brave I believe the pickup window is 11/13 - 11/19. So, I guess I'll plan to pickup Brave on 11/19 and hope for the best price.

So when I went to the Toys R Us by me yesterday to pick up Tinkerbell, the store didn't have any pre-order cards for Brave or Finding Nemo. I haven't checked back yet, but did anyone else encounter this and do we know when the pre-order cards are gonna show up in store? Any help or insight into this would be great - I know we have until Sunday to pick up Tinkerbell so have some time.

Pitter said:   So when I went to the Toys R Us by me yesterday to pick up Tinkerbell, the store didn't have any pre-order cards for Brave or Finding Nemo. I haven't checked back yet, but did anyone else encounter this and do we know when the pre-order cards are gonna show up in store? Any help or insight into this would be great - I know we have until Sunday to pick up Tinkerbell so have some time.

At mine, the cards have been out for weeks. Also, be aware the sale price ends on Saturday I think, so while you can pick the preorder up Sunday, it will be like $7 more.

At local store now, brave cards are nowhere to be found.

Nemo are still here. So might need to skip brave? Sucks as that's the one I wanted to keep...

fallonjp said:   I'm sure the veterans around here are aware of this already (if what the chasier told me was true), but when I went in to purchase Cinderella and pre-order Brave (with a Best Buy $19.99 price match), the cashier told me that normally the last day of the pre-order pickup window the DVD's will drop in price. For Brave I believe the pickup window is 11/13 - 11/19. So, I guess I'll plan to pickup Brave on 11/19 and hope for the best price.

I would like to see some proof of that b/c I'd generally think the opposite is true. The best price on new release Bluray is almost always the first 5 days then the price increases significantly
the next Sunday. I wouldn't tempt fate and risk losing the discount. Eventually the price may come down again though with Classic Disney that often doesn't happen for a long while.

Now Holiday season may change things some though brand new releases don't usually seem to benefit as much from Black Friday Week/December deals.

Pitter said:   So when I went to the Toys R Us by me yesterday to pick up Tinkerbell, the store didn't have any pre-order cards for Brave or Finding Nemo. I haven't checked back yet, but did anyone else encounter this and do we know when the pre-order cards are gonna show up in store? Any help or insight into this would be great - I know we have until Sunday to pick up Tinkerbell so have some time.

Dozens of each at my store tonight. Got the 3D Tinkerbell with the $8 Brave discount and $5 MQ. Also nice that I had $10 Gift Cards leftover from some release back in the spring (??Muppets maybe) that I had never used or maybe it was one of those Groupon feeding frenzy free money things. Anyway only $11 OOP even if I never pick up Brave.

central NJ does not have the Brave preorder cards. Oxford Valley, PA doesn't either. Freehold has them. I had to go there anyway so picked up 2D and preorder Brave. Note that the 2D pack is on DVD case... Just in case, I kept a Nemo card if in the future they disappear...

They had to adjust the price - it was listed as $29.99 instead of $22.99...

Remember that you can return the deposit and get the $5 back...

Two updates.

-The Toys R Us Big Toy Book releases Sunday. It has a coupon for a free $10 GC when buying Disney movies totaling $40.

-Disney finally released a Tigger Movie coupon today. The good news is that the expiration date is not for some time, which could allow combination with deals here. For example, when I go to pick up Brave, I may very well do this:

$x (Brave release week sale price)
+$30 Tigger movie (assuming no sale)
+$5 Nemo preorder
+$5 Nemo preorder
-$5 Tigger coupon
-$8 Brave discount (from Nemo1)
-$8 Tigger discount (from Nemo2)
-$10 GC from coupon from TRU Big Toy book ($10 GC for any Disney Blu purchase of $40)
----------------
$x+9 for both movies

I would then use the GC when I pick up Nemo, plus I already have $5 down for Brave, so the out of pocket total for me would actually be $x+4. Returning the second preorder and any Brave coupon would sweeten the deal further.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014