• Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
Isn't there a limit on the number of preorders? The above, thought sweet looks like VYMMV...

I've preordered two movies at once before. I didn't get a discount for both, but then again I only bought one actual movie that day.

If buying two movies, I can't imagine why one couldn't preorder two others and get two discounts...even if the preorders are for the same film.

I just got an email that from 10/28-12/24, TRU is giving back 10% in rewards to Rewards R Us members (5% on certain categories, such as video games). Max reward is $30. Membership is free, so join any time you are in the store.

This knocks 10% off the price we'll be paying from here on out, but best of all for me, I'll be getting 5% back on my Wii U preorder.

If you're picking up Brave from your pre-order it's listed at $27.99 for the 5 disc, $22.99 for the 3 disc and the single is $14.99. Wal-Mart has the 3 disc for $18.96 in their ad this week so I will most likely price match that one at Toys R Us. If you want to wait until Black Friday Wal-Mart will have it for $8.96. So, if it's still possible to return the Brave pre-order you could save yourself another $5.

Yeah - looks like the pre order is going back. Even if PMing to $18.96 for the 3disc now, and saving $8 with the Nemo Preorder, might be better off to get it during BF at wallyworld.

TRU currently has the 3disc at $20 online. During BF, it will be $15. I kept a preorder Nemo card. If I end up venturing to TRU during BF, then I'll preorder Nemo and pick up Brave and should be $8 AC. Otherwise it will be WM.

DoctorDeals said:   I just got an email that from 10/28-12/24, TRU is giving back 10% in rewards to Rewards R Us members (5% on certain categories, such as video games). Max reward is $30. Membership is free, so join any time you are in the store.

This knocks 10% off the price we'll be paying from here on out, but best of all for me, I'll be getting 5% back on my Wii U preorder.

No. You will be spending that 10% you saved on items that are already 10% higher... I'd rather do 10% with discover instead...

Is there a Disney coupon for Brave? Am not seeing one on the Disney rewards site.

money167 said:   Is there a Disney coupon for Brave? Am not seeing one on the Disney rewards site.

there isn't any. The WalMart BF deal is definitely the best out there (if quantities are available @ that time)
I want the 3D disc, so I'd probably get mine from TRU

rsuaver said:   DoctorDeals said:   I just got an email that from 10/28-12/24, TRU is giving back 10% in rewards to Rewards R Us members (5% on certain categories, such as video games). Max reward is $30. Membership is free, so join any time you are in the store.

No. You will be spending that 10% you saved on items that are already 10% higher... I'd rather do 10% with discover instead...

No. You assume I'm just going to go into a TRU and buy stuff at full retail. I NEVER do that. I'll find deals to use the rewards on. The clearance section at my TRU is typically full of stuff that actually is decent.

With that said, I would agree there is no way this deal competes with the BF prices for Brave--they were just insane--but only if you do not want 3D. Since I wanted 3D, I'd still say I did very, very well today. $42 for Brave 3D, Tigger Movie, a $10 GC, and $10 in preorders. Even with the $5 deposit I already paid, that isn't shabby...and the 10% back is just icing on the cake (not the cake itself).

So here's an interesting one: I went to TRU and picked up my 5-disc copy of Brave and when I got it home I realized it had a Best Buy price tag on it complete with the words "Best Buy $34.99 SKU: 6870465".

WTF?

The only thing I can think of is that TRU didn't get enough copies to cover their pre-order amounts so they went down the street and bought some more.

Anyone else ever seen something like this?

AchillesPDX said:   So here's an interesting one: I went to TRU and picked up my 5-disc copy of Brave and when I got it home I realized it had a Best Buy price tag on it complete with the words "Best Buy $34.99 SKU: 6870465".

WTF?

The only thing I can think of is that TRU didn't get enough copies to cover their pre-order amounts so they went down the street and bought some more.

Chances are someone returned it - They bought it at TRU, then at BB, then returned the BB copy at TRU

rsuaver said:   AchillesPDX said:   So here's an interesting one: I went to TRU and picked up my 5-disc copy of Brave and when I got it home I realized it had a Best Buy price tag on it complete with the words "Best Buy $34.99 SKU: 6870465".

WTF?

Chances are someone returned it - They bought it at TRU, then at BB, then returned the BB copy at TRU

Ah, good thinking. Probably the most logical explanation, although the girl pulled it from the back with the rest of the preorders. Very odd.

ugh - just realized my preorderd was done at a not so local store. I think I'm out of the $5 as the local store would not refund it - they insisted it had to be done at the store I did it. Of course, it'll probably cost me more in gas to just go there to get the refund.

Just discovered another Brave rebate - get $5.00 by mail when you buy a Brave Blu-ray combo pack and any Shady Brook Farms Turkey product: http://www.shadybrookfarms.com/assets/pdf/BraveRebate.pdf

Copies of receipts are acceptable, so you should be able to submit this rebate along with the one from Kellogg's.

picked up Brave 5 disc ($27.99) + Prep & Landing 2 ($15.99)
bcos Tigger was OOS
$38.xx (incl. tax) after discounts + Nemo pre-order is not too shabby with $10 GC to boot
seems like every1 was @ TRU on sat (I know it wasn't just about the Wii U)
GC will be used for Finding Nemo

on a side note, went to WalMart & saw Brave non 3D combo pack for $22.99, not sure about the $18.96 deal
upon further analysis, there was a $5 coupon that required a purchase of a Brave playset

another side note, @ BB, I noticed a bunch of animation @ excellent prices
especially 3D
I posted about Disney 3Ds for $19.99 here

For those still purchasing Disney blus or anything else from TRU (or BRU), check out the $20 for $10 Groupon posted here
there are 3 days left for this deal

I received an email from Disney offering $6 off 2 select titles
to print, go here
expires 11/26/12

valid with any 2 of the following:
Cinderella
Secret of the Wings 3D
Brave 3D
The Muppets Christmas Carol
Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3
Santa Paws 2

you can combine with any special offers out there

The Groupon TRU deal is back again: $20 for $10
see here for details

thedbn said:   The Groupon TRU deal is back again: $20 for $10
see here for details

Those don't specifically say they work on movies, so I'm a little concerned. Of course, they aren't listed in the exclusions either.

I have to admit, this deal, in the end, has been pretty decent for me. Even with Nemo on preorder from Amazon with $8 coupon, I suspect I'll be going with TRU just to avoid the hassle of returning the preorder AND to use up rewards and groupons.

Now I'm just hoping they come out with a Peter Pan preorder card in the next few days to keep the fun alive a little longer.

A couple people on other forums have reported success using the Groupon to buy bluray though you have to have a pretax price greater than $20 to get it to work
$19.99 will not work until you add a filler and then it works fine.
assuming Nemo is 27.99 ( -$5 deposit) then 22.99 should be a nice sweet spot though I'm not sure how the expected MQ will affect the price -- if the MQ is $5 surely
they aren't going to refund me $3 to walk out with the item (of $6 if the coupon is $8)!

This is definitely a nice "issue" to have and will require the collective FW cash saving brain community to decipher. Some of us have:
- $10 GCs (received prior to thanksgiving)
- $x Rewards R US coupons (I got $1)
- $20 Groupon voucher

also note that there's still the $5 Tigger movie DMR coupon, so might require the purchase of another movie to make it work based on the following potential offers:
- $8 or $10 discount with future disney pre-order (Peter Pan)
- $5 or $8 Finding Nemo DMR coupon

We'll play the wait and see game for now.

The Nemo MQ looks to be $5 according the leaked 12/2 BBY ad.

BBY price on the 3D Ultimate Nemo is $29.99 without coupon and $22.99 for the regular Combo

So if Best Buy is confirmed $25 after coupon (which it is), we should at least be able to price match to that in the worst case. I wouldn't be surprised to see something a little better come along as well.

For those looking to get over the $20 threshold, other new releases this week include Up 3D 5 disc, and Dark Knight Rises, so I don't think I will have any problems getting over that limit even with a preorder deposit, $3 in rewards, and coupon.

I have a preorder for 2 Finding Nemos 3D version, Groupon, a $1 reward and $10gc so using a $25 for each I would only need $9 more plus tax hoping it will get closer to $20.

Target will have Nemo 3D for $28 for a good PM opportunity. However, they also have another interesting deal where if you buy two eligible Disney discs, you get an additional $8 off. So this could be decent for those that want the Tigger Movie and didn't get it at TRU with Brave. Personally, I'm on the fence for which I will go with...

$30 (guessing at the no sale Tigger price)
$28 (Nemo)
-$8 (combo promo)
-$5 (Nemo coupon)
-$5 (Tigger coupon)
-----------------
$40 for both

Never mind on Target PM. TRU is $28 as well, and they have a B1G1 40% off on all Disney Blu and DVD. That could certainly be appealing to some.

DoctorDeals said:   Never mind on Target PM. TRU is $28 as well, and they have a B1G1 40% off on all Disney Blu and DVD. That could certainly be appealing to some.

wow... the BIGI 40% is going to be hot if you factor in pre-ordering two titles on the same ticket whilet getting 2 movies.
too much math calculations to figure it out this late @ night
will ponder on this
definitely good news

Remember, there are no more preorder discounts. Nemo was the last in the chain, and even when these deals were WAY better in years past, the last one was the weak link (I'm thinking specifically of the chain that ended with Toy Story 3). So I'm not clear what preorders you are referring to. I realized today I don't think the B1G1 40% off is going to be as hot as it originally appeared (possible exception: Muppet Christmas Carol DVD for $6).

I was hoping Peter Pan would get a preorder card before Nemo came out, but I knew it was a long shot. After going by my store today and seeing they finally "updated" the preorder card rack (they still had Cinderella cards out as of Tuesday) and there were no Peter Pan cards, I see there being no chance this happens by Tuesday, if ever (though I suspect there will be a mini Peter Pan/Wreck It Ralph/maybe Monsters Inc 3D chain in early 2013).

Overall, I think I'll be returning my Nemo preorder, unless I can't score a copy at Target. I used up my Rewards and Groupon today on the 3 for $35 video game sale. Additionally two things ticked me off a little: 1) Groupon never gave me my second certificate (the order went through and I got the "pixels are still wet" screen, but there is no record of it on my CC or in my Groupon account). 2) After reviewing my Rewards account today, it appears NO PREORDERS qualify for rewards. This is not in the fine print anywhere, but I had a negative rewards balance (from using my certificate today), and none of my preorders show up (even though other items purchased on the same receipt do). Since one of those items was a Wii U (with $17+ in rewards, or so I thought), I wasn't very happy about this glitch.

I'm still very content with how this deal turned out in the long run, but the lack of rewards especially made me realize I should just buy Nemo at the best place. For me, that will be Target.

good points Dr Deals
it makes it a lukewarm deal, but since I don't have tigger, I'll still go with TRU

$30 (Tigger)
$28 (Nemo)
-$12 (B1G1 40% off)
-$5 (Nemo coupon)
-$5 (Nemo pre-order deposit)
-$5 (Tigger coupon)
-----------------
$31 for both

not too shabby b4 Groupon and $10 GC. I will end up paying $1 plus applicable taxes
my true cost for this deal is ~ $16+ ($5 pre-order deposit, $10 Groupon voucher cost, $1 + taxes)

FYI, I'm guessing it will be 80 cents more than you are thinking, because the B1G1 will apply the discount to the lower priced item, in this case, Nemo.

After running the numbers, I may still go with TRU after all. I was 100% convinced it wasn't worth it, but now I'm not so sure. Still crunching numbers.

Never got to do the Nemo preorder as I ended up getting brave at WalMart during Black Friday. Not interested in tigger so, probably just pick it up at target...

rsuaver said:   Never got to do the Nemo preorder as I ended up getting brave at WalMart during Black Friday. Not interested in tigger so, probably just pick it up at target...

The Toys R Us by me in Lombard, IL still had Nemo pre-order cards out on Wednesday of this week. If it's worth it for you give it a check.

Rumor has it there is a $10 coupon for Nemo by the registers at TRU. I may try to confirm later today. No one knows if it will stack or not (probably an issue with getting the cashier to scan it).

Where did u hear this from?
If its true then that's cool.
If it doesn't stack, then I'm more than happy to forgo the Disney coupon to save an extra $5
I'd also like to get Up 3D

It was posted at another deal site. I have seen a scan, so it's legit, but the scan was not really print quality, so I'm going to have to try to find a real copy.

So looking at getting two. Wonder if I can use two coupons besides the BOGO 40% and stack two extra $10... That would be a STEAL!

went to a couple TRU locations yesterday, didn't see any $10 coupon, but I came up with a couple of deals since I already have Nemo 3D coming courtesy of DDD here

I purchased Pocahontas I & II along with Lady & the Tramp 2 for $19.99 each
got B1G1 40% and $20 Groupon, I paid $9.86
one advantage of the $20 Groupon is it's applied b4 tax unlike the TRU gc

Where are the $10 coupons suppose to be?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014