• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Mfr: DANE ELEC CORP USA Model: MD-H10000E23S
FRYS.com #7305544 UPC: 804272739268

Frys Linky

Product Info

torage Capacity Diskless (Customizable to 4TB)
Network 1x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Port
Ports 2x USB 2.0
Interface 3.5" SATA
RAID RAID 0, RAID 1
System Requirements Computer OS Supported: Windows XP SP2 / Vista / 7, Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Linux 10.4 and Ubuntu
Mobile Handheld OS Supported: iPhone, iPad, iTouch, Windows Mobile 6.1 or higher, Android 2.2 or higher
Power Requirements DC 12V/4A
Power Consumption Normal Mode: 14.9W
Sleep Mode: 6.7W
Environmental Requirements Operating Temperature: 30-104°F (0-40°C)
Operating Humidity: 10-95% (non-condensing)
Dimensions 3.1 x 6.5 x 7.5" / 7.7 x 16.5 x 19.0cm

Member Summary

NAS (9.31kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

I saw this yesterday on their ads page, but then I saw it was made by Dane Elec so got to wonder why it is priced so low. But then again it did win macworld best of show 2011, so I guess it just works!

very good price....wish I could find some reviews from actual users

$129 at bhphotovideo?!

http://my-ditto.myshopify.com/products/my-ditto-2-bay-home-netwo...
$74
on their web site.

Fry's
saved $15 -> $59.99

NasdaqTrader889 said:   I saw this yesterday on their ads page, but then I saw it was made by Dane Elec so got to wonder why it is priced so low. But then again it did win macworld best of show 2011, so I guess it just works!

Is there any reviews for this NAS? Like any benchmarks of the transfer rate with gigabit network? Does it support SSHD, sftp, etc? Is it hackable to install other software like openvpn server, etc?

And does it support bigger than 2TB drive?

NasdaqTrader889 said:   I saw this yesterday on their ads page, but then I saw it was made by Dane Elec so got to wonder why it is priced so low. But then again it did win macworld best of show 2011, so I guess it just works!

Are you sure this NAS won the Macworld best of show 2011? I read somewhere it is for the Dane Elec myDitto Key. Looks like nothing to do with this NAS.

For those don't know what myDitto Key is
my-Ditto Key: my-Ditto Key is a password-protected USB key that lets consumers easily access files from their my-Ditto Home Server. Unlike competitors, my-Ditto Key remotely connects consumers directly to their home server through a proprietary UPnP (peer-to-peer) network, as opposed to costly third-party cloud-based connections that are less secure.

fish777 said:   NasdaqTrader889 said:   I saw this yesterday on their ads page, but then I saw it was made by Dane Elec so got to wonder why it is priced so low. But then again it did win macworld best of show 2011, so I guess it just works!

Are you sure this NAS won the Macworld best of show 2011? I read somewhere it is for the Dane Elec myDitto Key. Looks like nothing to do with this NAS.
I believed it too because the product image on Fry's website uses the "Best of Show" logo on top of the product. They probably just meant that the company won best of show, not this specific product. Misleading to say the least..

Note on MyDitto: The total capacity is 4 TB (read: 2 TB internal hard drives), but you need to buy the hard drives separately and install them into the myDitto. I learned that the hard way when I won a unit at the CES show last January and they did not disclose that you need to buy the internal hard drives separately.

scootlowe57 said:   Note on MyDitto: The total capacity is 4 TB (read: 2 TB internal hard drives), but you need to buy the hard drives separately and install them into the myDitto. I learned that the hard way when I won a unit at the CES show last January and they did not disclose that you need to buy the internal hard drives separately.
many of the nas are like that though. bring your own hard drive.

How's the read/write performance? I've had NAS enclosures that do a slow 8-11MB/s even with a gigabit NIC. My current NAS destroys that (Synology), but I'd pick up a cheap one if it could do better than USB 2.0 speeds (~20mb/s)...

Read some of the reviews at Amazon, Android App and also the Apple App. The reviews for the apps are terrible.

g0dMAn said:   How's the read/write performance? I've had NAS enclosures that do a slow 8-11MB/s even with a gigabit NIC. My current NAS destroys that (Synology), but I'd pick up a cheap one if it could do better than USB 2.0 speeds (~20mb/s)...

http://computershopper.com/storage/reviews/dane-elec-myditto

Speaking of performance, the myDitto is one of the slower NAS devices we’ve tested. The fastest write speed we could coax from it was 12.5MB/sec, and the speediest read speed we saw was 22.3MB/sec. Only the 500GB Iomega iConnect we tested had a slower maximum write speed (10MB/sec), and the myDitto brought up the rear in read performance. These tests were performed while copying files between a Windows 7 system and the myDitto device over a local network connection, using Windows Explorer. But with the primary selling feature of the myDitto being its easy-to-use remote access, the device’s performance is not really a point of contention. That's because the speed of any remote connection will invariably be much slower than the capabilities of the device, essentially leveling the playing field, at least when it comes to file-transfer performance over remote access.

Avani: Thanks for the URL

I had intended to get by my local B&M all weekend to pick one of these up just to check out but wasn't able to do so. Perhaps today is the day.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014