• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Battlefield 3 Premium upgrade free

I was looking through the in-game store in Battlefield 3, and I noticed that at the bottom of the "All" tab there was a link listing Premium as being free. I checked it out since it seemed to good to be true, but lo and behold, I seem to have been upgraded to a Premium account. I can only confirm this on the PS3, but maybe it works for Xbox as well? I have since downloaded Armored Kill and Return to Karkland. Can't do better than free!

Thanks Sydelle op over @ sd

Origin powered by EA
Need a Origin powered by EA coupon that earns Up to 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Battlefield 3 Premium
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Battlefield 3 in-game store for Xbox 360 lists Premium at 4,000 points.

Wow, excellent find!

Edit: Just checked mine and it's $49.99 for me. Do you have Playstation Plus? If so, maybe it's a promo for members?

Edit 2: I see on other forums that people are getting it through the in-game store, I will try that... as soon as I finish with the required game update *facepalm*

***EDITTED****

This still works!!! Go to the ALL tab in your store and scroll all the way to the bottom. Upgrade = Free. Downloading latest expansion pack now!

Thanks OP! I would have never gotten the premium unless it was free and now I can play again

I just did it. If you go into the store, Premium is listed as the first item at $49.99. Scroll all the way to the bottom. There is a heading titled 'Other'. Here it lists Premium again for free as well as another add on. Seemed to work. I'll have to wait until my son plays to confirm it is truly what was expected, but it sure looks like it. Could this possibly be temporary (ie upgrade will disappear) until a new release of Premium...it makes no mention of it being temporary, though.

Just tried it and didn't see Premium under the Other heading.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014