• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/browse/productDetail.jsp?...

+ 6% cb.

I caught this email in my inbox, $50% off ends today, 9/22. My email had a graphic that specifically stated Updated to include 2011. When I click on the email, it brings up item #2001482. In the summary it says complete collection to 2011, but in the description it says 2010. But I'm thinking they just forgot to update the description.

You can find it cheaper elsewhere, but it won't include upto 2011.

National Geographic Store
See National Geographic Store coupons that earn 5.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

The Complete National Geographic 1888 - 2011
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Shipping cost for a $39.95 order:

United States Standard Shipping (7-10 business days): $7.95
Canadian Standard Shipping (10-14 business days): $17.95
Elsewhere Standard Shipping (4-8 weeks): $47.95
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for posting this deal, but there is one other thing to remember...the cost of shipping:

United States Standard Shipping (7-10 business days): $7.95 (20% of purchase price)
Canadian Standard Shipping (10-14 business days): $17.95 (45% of purchase price)
Elsewhere Standard Shipping (4-8 weeks): $47.95 (120% of purchase price)

$39.95
Original Price: $49.95
You saved 50% off the Complete National Geographic!

Is it 39.95 after 50% off? Why is the original price 49.95?? It should have been close to 80. Am I missing anything?

happyFWeer said:   $39.95
Original Price: $49.95
You saved 50% off the Complete National Geographic!

Is it 39.95 after 50% off? Why is the original price 49.95?? It should have been close to 80. Am I missing anything?

Nevermind, You are right

I may be ancient and bookish, but, I did think these were paper, not DVD; which made me quiver with longing. Please but DVD in title for we who are naive and easily excited. I know I'm not alone.

JessieMax said:   I may be ancient and bookish, but, I did think these were paper, not DVD; which made me quiver with longing. Please but DVD in title for we who are naive and easily excited. I know I'm not alone.
Sorry. When I got the email i got excited too, but then I realized theres no way the paper copies would be $40.00.

And yea, shipping is $8, but its still cheaper than regularly priced, and you do get 6% cb. When I searched to see if someone else posted this, I did see that last year they had FS, but this year they don't. I assume they may be clearing out for 2012 editions? Maybe if you wait, later on in the year they may offer FS..

Maybe if you wait, later on in the year they may offer FS..

And how long do we wait for the half off?

Hey NatGeo, put it on Kindle and I'll buy it.

Nice deal, but they could have put the entire collection in 1 Blu-ray.
Anyone know what format this comes in? pdf or epub?

Read the one and two star reviews on Amazon before you buy. These are scanned images--it is NOT searchable, other than by using a rudimentary index. That may be a deal-breaker for some people. They offer this deal every few months, but $40 is about the regular price if you buy it anywhere but the Nat Geo website.

BJ's Wholesale and Costco stores have stocked this periodically for either $24.99 or $29.99, if memory serves.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014