• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
EL Linko

Sales Tax will be added to PA & CA orders so for some (ME!) this will be cheaper than AMZN.

TechNet Subscription Standard is a subscription tailored to help IT professionals evaluate, test, and troubleshoot Microsoft software for desktop environments. TechNet Subscription Standard is a 12-month subscription for IT professionals who need access to full-version Microsoft software for evaluation, with no time or feature limitations.

24/7 online concierge chat
Helps you find the technical resources you need.

Managed forums
Get technical questions answered within two business days.

Microsoft E-Learning courses
Access 6 select complimentary courses to increase your technical skills.

Microsoft TechNet Library
Download the Offline Viewer for quick and easy access.

Member Summary

Microsoft Technet Standard 2010 1-User Software License
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

In the past, your installed software (and, for that matter, your downloaded and saved keys) continued to work even if you let your sub lapse. Recently, I have heard that if you let the sub lapse, Micro$oft "expires" your installed software as well. Anybody know for sure what the deal is?

I know my technet expired then a year after expiration, my windows 7 installation is no longer legal and I keep have the pop up saying I need to buy a key.

liar said:   I know my technet expired then a year after expiration, my windows 7 installation is no longer legal and I keep have the pop up saying I need to buy a key.

That's really strange. I thought the keys never expired prior to this year? Maybe you activated that key more than 10 times which I think is the limit.

namlook said:   liar said:   I know my technet expired then a year after expiration, my windows 7 installation is no longer legal and I keep have the pop up saying I need to buy a key.

That's really strange. I thought the keys never expired prior to this year? Maybe you activated that key more than 10 times which I think is the limit.

I never have such problem. My 10 keys are still valid and I have no problem in using them.

OneStepAhead said:   In the past, your installed software (and, for that matter, your downloaded and saved keys) continued to work even if you let your sub lapse. Recently, I have heard that if you let the sub lapse, Micro$oft "expires" your installed software as well. Anybody know for sure what the deal is?They changed the terms. Any subscriptions activated beginning July 16, 2012 are under new terms which states the keys expire when the sub expires. If you got your keys before that date they are good forever. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/subscriptions/ms772427.aspx#q...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014