• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
El Linko

Link to XDA for info on unlocking/rooting etc...

Android 2.3 OS; 4" touchscreen; slide out game controls; 1GHz CPU + Adreno 205 graphics processor; 3G data services; Wifi + Bluetooth; 5MP rear cam/VGA front; GPS turn-by-turn directions via free Google Maps with Navigation; microSD expansion to 32 GB

Info from Wikipedia:

Android updates

On September 8, 2011 Sony Ericsson confirmed that the Xperia Play, and all Xperia phones released in 2011, would receive an update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. More information on this upgrade was announced on November 15, 2011.[43]

However, on May 25, 2012, a post on the Sony Xperia Product Blog stated that following beta testing and discussions with developers, the Xperia Play would not receive an update to Android 4.0, citing stability concerns.[44] A beta Android 4.0 ROM was made available for testing on unlocked phones.[45] Numerous independent developers have made custom roms with Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean available.

Member Summary

Sony Ericsson R800X
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is this GSM or CDMA? The description says "Cellular Band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (Quadband) HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100" but it also says "This CDMA Cell Phone has a clear ESN for activation with Verizon Wireless. Since this phone is locked to Verizon Wireless, it can only be used on their network.
Note: This phone will not operate on any GSM Network, i.e. T-Mobile, AT&T, Orange, Rogers, Vodafone etc."

thespizzle said:   Is this GSM or CDMA? The description says "Cellular Band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (Quadband) HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100" but it also says "This CDMA Cell Phone has a clear ESN for activation with Verizon Wireless. Since this phone is locked to Verizon Wireless, it can only be used on their network.
Note: This phone will not operate on any GSM Network, i.e. T-Mobile, AT&T, Orange, Rogers, Vodafone etc."

I am pretty sure that this will be CDMA only.

Also keep in mind that most ICS ROMs target GSM. Very few (if any) work totally on Verizon's variant.

And yes, I am stuck with one of these. Way to kick off Sony Mobile... Sony: the one and only, should read Sony: You'll be sorry.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014