• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
El Linko

AMZN link with reviews.

Good reviews and comes with a case for those that travel a lot.

Link to a head-fi.org review. For $50 I will be picking these up next week.

Here is a link for some better earpads that seems to make these sound MUCH better. You will want to order 2, 1 for each ear...

Member Summary

Koss TBSE1
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

case
Thanks GudSpellur
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Yeah more for you. Nice try.

I bent them out a little. That helped a good notch.

Btw, I accidentally posted using my gf'... (more)

icecow (Oct. 09, 2012 @ 6:44p) |

Now I'm getting a bit obsessive. I've moved my audio-technica ath-m50 earpads on to these koss cans and they immediately... (more)

icecow (Oct. 09, 2012 @ 8:25p) |

These will be an extra 25% off on Friday. I got mine tonight at the Lake Zurich IL store for the sale price of for $38.... (more)

Shagger (Nov. 22, 2012 @ 1:17a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Koss
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

which store? thanks.

baobao123 said:   which store? thanks.

I would try the closest Tuesday Morning first.

GudSpellur said:   baobao123 said:   which store? thanks.

Is that going to be universal for every retailer? That would be easier.

baobao123 said:   GudSpellur said:   baobao123 said:   which store? thanks.

Tuesday Morning IS the store. But you can try your local Kroger if you fancy Sorry, couldn't resist.

Tony Bennett signature edition headphones? Given his age, does that mean they sound muffled and dull?

quickNdirty said:   Tony Bennett signature edition headphones? Given his age, does that mean they sound muffled and dull?

Perhaps but if you travel to San Francisco with these try not to leave them there.

GudSpellur said:   quickNdirty said:   Tony Bennett signature edition headphones? Given his age, does that mean they sound muffled and dull?

Perhaps but if you travel to San Francisco with these try not to leave them there.

LOL.

Ooops said:   baobao123 said:   GudSpellur said:   baobao123 said:   which store? thanks.

Tuesday Morning IS the store. But you can try your local Kroger if you fancy Sorry, couldn't resist.

Thank you! Now I understand. First time heard of Tuesday Morning and 10/02 happens to be Tuesday! Will try to track down at nearby stroes.

That... is a good deal!!

DahDee said:   That... is a good deal!!

Have you heard them before?

not heard these but apparently they are rebadged and modified koss dj100 with a 65 page thread over at http://www.head-fi.org/t/571216/koss-pro-dj-100-the-budget-king/... .Those headphones are compared to the ATH-M50 and the sennheiser hd 580's or 590s ...sigh I almost made it through this year without buying another pair of headphones...

What a terrible store name. Can think of a bunch of competition names, just as retarded if not more.

This is why you shouldn't post when you're on bath salts..

Wut kinda deal could I get at Thursday Afternoon?

I'd gladly pay you on Wednesday for a pair of headphones on Tuesday Morning

GudSpellur said:   AMZN link with reviews. ($91)

Just noticed in the ad that this sale starts NEXT Tuesday.

Here is a link for some better earpads that seems to make these sound MUCH better. You will want to order 2, 1 for each ear...

Thanks OP!
There are some cheaper deals on those replacement ear pads though. At least, you can save on shipping.
Here's one at Buy.com Earpads at Buy.com
You can also get 2 for $20 with free shipping on eBay as well.

chumbucket said:   GudSpellur said:   AMZN link with reviews. ($91)

Just noticed in the ad that this sale starts NEXT Tuesday.

Thanks OP!
There are some cheaper deals on those replacement ear pads though. At least, you can save on shipping.
Here's one at Buy.com Earpads at Buy.com
You can also get 2 for $20 with free shipping on eBay as well.

Thanks.
I went in to Best Buy today and listened to the DJ200 ($150) (The 100, 200 and these are all pretty much the same from what I understand) and they sound very good.

Just snagged a pair at the local Tuesday Morning. The guys were nice enough to let me have pick at tomorrow's offerings - perhaps you can, too. They already had them out on the floor locked up in the glass case at the front of the store. Saw about 11 of them at my Tuesday Morning.

Quick review -
1.) Indeed comes with a travel case. Nice plus for storing and traveling.
2.) Comes with a coiled cord that is 3.5mm male on both ends. This cord is replaceable in case you do damage it, you don't have to replace the whole headphone.
3.) Comes supplied with a 3.5mm female to .25" male adapter.
4.) Includes a code to download Tony Bennett's tracks.
5.) Solid build quality.
6.) Nice flat response with high to very high sensitivity, but I could definitely see pairing them up with a nice headamp.

-Overall I'm impressed with the offerings at this price. Time to break them in. May pick up one or two more as gifts for the musically inclined in my family.

-Warning- If you're looking for bass, stay away, although they have accurate bass response - these aren't going to "impress" you if that's what you look for - in that case go see Dr. Dre.

Thanks. Grabbed one. Considering mod with M50 pads.

I bought two pair of these today and tried them at work. The sound quality is better than what I currently used at work but my ear get warmer as I put it on longer. Maybe I should get some earpads but that kind of push this deal a little higher.

I bought mine yesterday and these things sound really, really good and they have not even been broken in yet.

Mids and soundstage are what really stand out here and hooked up to my Zune with no external amp they are plenty loud and very clean sounding.

As has been mentioned the cable can be swapped out so I might look for a straight cable that is a bit shorter but so far I am just fine with the pads so no plans to buy new ones.

Here is my code for the album download for anyone that wants it. Please post when used.

El Linko Del Bennett-o MRUJ5QUADCQC8WQ

Bongomom said:   available online

http://www.tuesdaymorning.com/tony-bennett-signature-edition-ste...

Thanks. I updated the OP.

"- Includes free download of Tony Bennett's Duets II full album"

What's the better deal, these TBSE for $50 or the Philips Citiscape Downtown on clearance at Target for $29?

I purchased a set of these headphones. I recommend if you want to get the best sound out of them to go ahead and get the M50 pads. Huge Difference!

dgruvy1 said:   I purchased a set of these headphones. I recommend if you want to get the best sound out of them to go ahead and get the M50 pads. Huge Difference!

What did they improve (bass, mids,)? I like these a lot as-is but am always willing to make them better if need be...

Was not impressed with them. Did some comparison with my beloved KOSS KSC75 and barely noticed the difference. It is a bit clearer than the 75 but not by much at all; this is most likely due to the 75 having more bass. Anyhow, bought and return within 15min of testing various types of music on my Zip clip.

GudSpellur said:   dgruvy1 said:   I purchased a set of these headphones. I recommend if you want to get the best sound out of them to go ahead and get the M50 pads. Huge Difference!

What did they improve (bass, mids,)? I like these a lot as-is but am always willing to make them better if need be...

Both... Mid's & Bass

But this is attributed to the fact that now the audio technica m50 pads encompass the entire ear so the sound is directed better to the ears. IMHO of course. It is true that they do not put out much bass... So If you love bass heavy headphones these are definitely not it. But for my listening taste the mids give just the right amount of punch. The only other headphones I loved better than these were the House of Marley Exodus and the EarCandy Aviators much better on the bass...but those two sets are easily over $100.

I got two sets today. These have great sound without harsh highs or crude exaggerated lows. I wore them for 4.5 hours continuously today and they didn't fatigue my eardrums, that's rare for me. They sounded as though they had already been burned in. I'm curious how they will sound after I burn them in for 20 hours. The build is darn good including the 1/8" cable. The male to male cable is straight for about 2 feet then 2 feet of coil that will extend to about 7 feed I estimate. The headphones have a 1/8" port and the male 1/8" to male 1/8" cable. This is great protection against headphone and cable damage because a mean yank will unplug the cable. The cable is quality [bulky] build, a nice cable to have around, yet it can be switched out to a thin 1/8" male to 1/8" male cable for use with iphones, etc.

The bad:
The volume is only adequate when used with my ipod touch 4g. 'Only adequate' but magically about all I would need unless I ran in to a low volume recording or youtube video or I need to abuse my ears. They are surely made to be plugged in to your home stereo or used with a headphone amp (it's an ohm thing)

The Tony Bennett signature is conspicuous and put me off as a first impression. I imagine people who see you will be put off as well, they be thinking, "he into tony Bennett?" as first impression.

This is the bad biggy:
The headphones smash my ears. Though they dont fatigue my eardrums after 4 hours, they certainly start hurting my ears after 1-2 hours.

Overall I highly recommend them, especially to those who never had a pair of decent headphones or to those who think Dr Dre Beats, ect are good headphones.

I own about 12 sets of headphones and earbuds, Shure x 4, Audio Technica x 2, Senniheser x 2, Koss x 4, AKG x 1, and probably a few others. I'm mentioning my stash to establish my feet are wet enough to comment on these headphones.

DubSlick said:   What's the better deal, these TBSE for $50 or the Philips Citiscape Downtown on clearance at Target for $29?

The only Philips headphones I used were a $20ish set and they were very average but also didn't have any distinctly flawed characteristics. I had a similar impression with a phillips bookshelf audio system. I happened to read a guy in an audiophile thread say he loved his his Tony Bennets and hated his phillip citiscapes. I can totally believe that. Hope that helps. (go for the TBs, I'm betting that last $21 is the best $21 You can spend)

trishwall said:   I got two sets today. These have great sound without harsh highs or crude exaggerated lows. I wore them for 4.5 hours continuously today and they didn't fatigue my eardrums, that's rare for me. They sounded as though they had already been burned in. I'm curious how they will sound after I burn them in for 20 hours. The build is darn good including the 1/8" cable. The male to male cable is straight for about 2 feet then 2 feet of coil that will extend to about 7 feed I estimate. The headphones have a 1/8" port and the male 1/8" to male 1/8" cable. This is great protection against headphone and cable damage because a mean yank will unplug the cable. The cable is quality [bulky] build, a nice cable to have around, yet it can be switched out to a thin 1/8" male to 1/8" male cable for use with iphones, etc.

The bad:
The volume is only adequate when used with my ipod touch 4g. 'Only adequate' but magically about all I would need unless I ran in to a low volume recording or youtube video or I need to abuse my ears. They are surely made to be plugged in to your home stereo or used with a headphone amp (it's an ohm thing)

The Tony Bennett signature is conspicuous and put me off as a first impression. I imagine people who see you will be put off as well, they be thinking, "he into tony Bennett?" as first impression.

This is the bad biggy:
The headphones smash my ears. Though they dont fatigue my eardrums after 4 hours, they certainly start hurting my ears after 1-2 hours.

Overall I highly recommend them, especially to those who never had a pair of decent headphones or to those who think Dr Dre Beats, ect are good headphones.

I own about 12 sets of headphones and earbuds, Shure x 4, Audio Technica x 2, Senniheser x 2, Koss x 4, AKG x 1, and probably a few others. I'm mentioning my stash to establish my feet are wet enough to comment on these headphones.

I noticed these were pretty tight fitting as well so I bent the band a bit for better comfort.

You might consider getting a straight cable for them. The coiled one probably has pretty high impedence. On my Zune the volume is great but on other portable sources they are pretty low.

As far as the TB signature you could always put a sticker over it if you don't want the granny-panties droppin' when you wear these in public...

dgruvy1 said:   GudSpellur said:   dgruvy1 said:   I purchased a set of these headphones. I recommend if you want to get the best sound out of them to go ahead and get the M50 pads. Huge Difference!

Both... Mid's & Bass

But this is attributed to the fact that now the audio technica m50 pads encompass the entire ear so the sound is directed better to the ears. IMHO of course. It is true that they do not put out much bass... So If you love bass heavy headphones these are definitely not it. But for my listening taste the mids give just the right amount of punch. The only other headphones I loved better than these were the House of Marley Exodus and the EarCandy Aviators much better on the bass...but those two sets are easily over $100.

Thanks.
Here is a post over at head-fi saying that the m40 pads are good as well...

"I actually think the M40 pads offer more bass than M50 pads! Not much more and I don't know how it's done. I did a little test where if I force more clamping force with my hands, the bass has more volume. I guess when your ears are closer to the driver you get more bass. Also, if there's a ton of air between the driver and your ear, the bass can suffer.

The M40 pads give you more room than the M50 pads and they're slightly taller. I think though that they're a tiny bit less deep or maybe the foam flattens a little. I love the feel of the pads better than that of the M50 pads.

The M40 pads have a much better soundstage than the M50 pads. They're actually pretty close to sounding semi-open or open now. Pretty similar in size to the HD-600 now. I know that's hard to believe. This was just with my Xbox 360 connected to my E9."

trishwall said:   

This is the bad biggy:

Yeah, this is a big problem for me as well. It hurt my ears after wearing it a bit. I think comfort is a big problem with this headphone.

dotnetnoob said:   trishwall said:   

This is the bad biggy:

Yeah, this is a big problem for me as well. It hurt my ears after wearing it a bit. I think comfort is a big problem with this headphone.

Just grab the headphones in the middle and bend the band out a bit. If they still are hurting you can return them within 45 days for a refund.

GudSpellur said:   dotnetnoob said:   trishwall said:   

This is the bad biggy:

Just grab the headphones in the middle and bent the band out a bit. If they still are hurting you can return them within 45 days for a refund.

Yeah more for you. Nice try.

I bent them out a little. That helped a good notch.

Btw, I accidentally posted using my gf's trishwall account before.

I also took a bunch of q-tips and arced (bent) them then tucked them under the inside of the pads overlapping them till they came to a full circle. They are concealed and prop up the pads over 1/8". I used 4 Qtips per a side. Now my ears aren't pushed up against the sides, much more comfortable. They sound better too. The force that was against my ears is now distributed to the pads making a better seal. I looked at m50s (but didn't swap the pads). I can see how they would be a good upgrade. The m50 pads are also oval instead of round. I'm tall and have matching big ears and these things clip the top and bottom of my ears a bit. The m50 headphones vertically oval shape fit better. They are near perfect fit but slightly snug. No clipping though.

I have no quams sporting 20 extra for some technic pads but I think I'm going to pick up some fish aquarium tube and replace the Qtips with a circle of tube.

Now I'm getting a bit obsessive. I've moved my audio-technica ath-m50 earpads on to these koss cans and they immediately got more comfortable and the bass is profoundly better just like the reviewer said, and louder. The comfort of the m50 pads is just as important as the sound to me. Now that half the sound isn't leaking out they sound like typical new cans that need some burn-in time. On some kinds of songs there now is fatigue heard in the mids and highs I'm expecting/hoping will smooth over like so many cans do after some burn in time. Other songs still play like no burn in time is required.

I'd like to stop and point out that a choice characteristic of these headphones is the 1/8" port. Whether earphones/earbuds are cheap or $400 the cables LOVE to fail. The only brand I've seen with smart durable lasting cables is V-moda whom use Kevlar in there cables which apparently isn't a marketing Gimmick. V-moda cables just keep going, keep clear of shorting. I use them in bed when I listen to podcasts as I fall asleep and find them tangled and abused a lot, but they keep working.

Anyway The bass of these koss phones are much better than people are saying. The bass was just leaking out because of the bad seal the original pads provide. I concur that getting the m50 pads is part much a requirement.

That's all for now. I'm keeping these koss TBs.

These will be an extra 25% off on Friday. I got mine tonight at the Lake Zurich IL store for the sale price of for $38. For $38 these are a steal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014