• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

1Sale.com
See 1Sale.com promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Sylvania 7" Mini Tablet
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Will this handle VIDEO Skype?
Seems like a great deal at such a low price (even tho it is older Eclair platform)for those of us with a BlackBerry Playbook (which has no android access) to get a cheap tab to do some android apps not available on BB platform-I just want to be able to get a few android apps like Video Skype, Square merchant payment app and a few other shopping and banking and other android apps) without having to buy a more expensive tablet since I already have a Playbook (which is very nice, even tho it is limited in apps I want). I'm not tech saavy nor do I play games, so this seems like something I could use, unless someone can advise me otherwise-- and I AM open to advice about where I could get a better android tab for under $60. Don't see any other FW'rs evals on this yet here, so asking for some now while its still in my cart. Even tho its so cheap- no sense thowing away $55 if its just junk and won't do what I'm looking to do, Thx for any advice on this one for my limited needs (...maybe I should just wait for a ICS tab at below 100 instead??)

I'd love to know more about this. I'm wanting an 'Android' based "toy" to try compared to my iphone. Was thinking of the new Kindle Fire for $199, but at $50...this may be hard to pass up. Is this just years old? Ancient? Worthless?

listed as SYNET7LP, one of the oldest Sylvania tablets, none of which are particularly good, and has a resistive screen. Standard community activity -- custom ROMS, getting google market, getting flash to work, etc. -- is present for this device, but with limited success.

Since you asked for advice, I'll give it to you. This is probably a waste of $50. Buy a better used tablet for under $100, or Google "7 inch android tablet" and follow the links to direct-from-china sellers. Pick any of the newer offerings (multi-touch screen, at least 512 MB RAM, shipping with Android 4.0) for ~$79 and search the name on the internet to get some user reviews and verify that people are getting market access. Any of those will give you a true android tablet experience. This is more likely to be a $50 paper weight.

Thank you, Dave, I really appreciate the advice, and will look for one like u have described instead. This is exactly what I needed to know.

"7" high resolution TFT (800x480 pixels) touchscreen display" The TFT screen was not as good as IPS screen. 800x480pixels was just so so, not a good screen
1GHz Arm 11 processor not a very good processor. but still works
Android 2.2 (Éclair) OS now android is 4.1 jellybean.
256MB RAM internal memory small ram will make your not so smooth.

but the price is still attractive, buy it as a toy not a pad is still ok. Hope it will not be the copycats in China.

Go with the McBub Android 4.0 tablets for a few dollars more. Literally, a few dollars more. Trust me, you get a working tablet that actually can do more than turn on and load Drudge Report.

Another option is mcbub.com, Right now, they have a 7 Inch WM VIA8850 Android 4.0 Tablet PC Cortex A9 1.2GHz Camera HDMI 512MB 4GB for $61.99 do a search on the forum and there are quite a few that ordered their tablet. There are alot of options out there for around the same price as well.

7 Inch WM VIA8850 Android 4.0 Tablet PC Cortex A9 1.2GHz Camera HDMI 512MB 4GB

General
Operating System: Google android 4.0
Model: VIA8850
Announced: 201206
Product Type: Tablet PC
Keyboard: Touch Screen
Display Technology: resistive touch screen
Screen Size: 7 inch
Max Resolution: 800*480
CPU Type: Cortex-A9
CPU Manufacturer: VIA
CPU Model: wm8850
CPU Speed: WM 8850, Cortex-A9, 1.2GHz
RAM / Technology: DDR3
RAM Installed Size: 512MB
Hard Drive Type: 4GB NAND FAST FLASH
PCMCIA Expansion: T-FLASH(Support 16G MAX)
Camera: 1.3MP
HDMI: 1080P
3G: Supporting external 3G modem
G-Sensor: Four way
Audio: Built in stereo speakers/Built in Microphone
Software: Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/MSN/Android market/Skype/Calculator/Google Mail/Google maps/iReader/Quick Office
Language: Multi-language support
Battery Type: Li-2200MHa
Battery / Run Time(up to): about 2H(wifi off)
Power Device Type: AC Adapter
Voltage required: 100/240V
Color: White
Item Dimensions/ W*D*H: 19*12*1cm
Shipping Dimensions/ W*D*H: 26*19*6cm
Net Weight: 0.3 kg
Input/Output Connectors
Ports:
1 x Mini USB
1 x Micro Sd Card slot
1 x DC jack
1 x Earphone jack
1 x HDMI Port
1xOTG port

Communications
Networking / Data Link Protocol: Fast Ethernet
Wireless Connection: WIFI
Wireless Protocol: 802.11 b/g/n
Support Format
Video: AVI/RM/RMVB/MKV/WMV/MOV/MP4/DAT(VCD format)/VOB(DVD format)/PMP/MPEG/MPG/FLV/ASF/TS/TP/3GP/MPG
Audio: FLAC/APE/WAV
Picture: JPG/BMP/PNG/GIF
Ebook: WORD/EXCEL/PPT/PDF/TXT/CHM/HTML

Absolutely cheap, Looks great!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014