QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

DROBO 4-Bay NAS Hard Drive Array Enclosure $249 Max 16TB FS No Tax (No Drives) Ends 9/30/12

First page
1 of 3
warrendanz
9/25/12 8:16 AM
1st deal I've posted, be gentle

DROBO DR04DD10 - Max capacity 16TB at bhphotovideo.com Ends 9/30/2012

Link to Deal

While it doesn't have USB 3.0, eSata or Ethernet like one of the higher end DROBO S for 5D, this price for a DROBO is incredible.
The brand is unmatched and is the choice of IT professionals for their home systems.
Time to collect 2TB and 3TB drives to drop in.

FireWire 800 Interface
USB 2.0 Interface
Write Transfer Rates Up to 34MB/s
Read Transfer Rates Up to 52MB/s
BeyondRAID Data Protection
Single Drive Redundancy
Supports Drives Up to 4TB in Size
Drobo Dashboard 2.0 via Update
Drobo PC Backup via Download
Mac & Windows Compatible
Drive Capacity Up to four 3.5" SATA I or SATA II hard drives
Drives may be from any manufacturer
Drives may be up to 4TB capacity, spindle speed, and/or Cache
Drobo1 [ image/pjpeg - 115.27kB ]
Drobo2 [ image/pjpeg - 161.44kB ]
Drobo3 [ image/pjpeg - 147.45kB ]
Drobo4 [ image/pjpeg - 178.64kB ]
Drobo5 [ image/pjpeg - 128.01kB ]
WikiPost
9/25/12 8:16 AM
DROBO DR04DD10 [ image/jpeg - 18.75kB ]
Hejj
9/25/12 8:40 AM
Actually I think it's priced about right (maybe even a little high) given the connectivity and throughput.
Renegade
9/25/12 8:55 AM
No ethernet = not NAS.
thenew3
9/25/12 9:03 AM
Had one of these about 4 years ago, thing was noisy (fan) and would hang often. On three occasions it corrupted my data after it hung.
and it was slow. Took days to initialize four 1tb drives, and then days to fill them up due to the slow USB interface.

Don't know if they've improved it at all during that time.
warrendanz
9/25/12 9:10 AM
Tough crowd on my first day out, have not heard a bad experience before about Drobo. But connected to my router directly or older desktop / print server, it will be my NAS.
Hejj
9/25/12 10:48 AM
warrendanz said:   

Tough crowd on my first day out, have not heard a bad experience before about Drobo. But connected to my router directly or older desktop / print server, it will be my NAS.

It's a little bit of a stretch, but I'll grant you I didn't consider plugging it into a router w/USB. However, fact remains, that with NAS what you pay for is performance. You can get boxes that push about 100MB/sec for $300 or less that work without being dependent on a router.
quickNdirty
9/25/12 11:25 AM
Wait, so this is $249 for an external USB 2.0 hard drive enclosure with no drives? LMAO! Why does OP's title say it's a NAS when there is no ethernet port on this box? RED for bad title, RED for $249 plastic box with a fan, RED RED RED!
salwana
9/25/12 11:42 AM
warrendanz said:   

I've been looking at Drobos for the last few months and the 4-bay Drobo has not budged under $299 for a while.

This is a great deal at $250, but you incorrectly calling it a NAS is causing all the reds.

A few days ago, I ended up getting a Drobo S for $529.
RamRam
9/25/12 11:50 AM
Check this review before you buy.

http://scottkelby.com/2012/im-done-with-drobo/

Scott kelby is the founder of The national association of professional photoshop users and is a great photographer. When you spend that much money on a back up system you really need it to work 100% of the time.

Now I don't have a need for one and the price seems decent but figured its worth getting all the facts.
First page
1 of 3
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.