Error

The message you are trying to link to is not in this topic.

• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Post a Hot Deal and Get a Free Black Friday T-Shirt!

We're so excited to be celebrating our 5th year of Black Friday T-Shirts! Pay no attention to the cheesy looking guy in the generic FW T-Shirt...the REAL Black Friday T-Shirt for 2012 will be announced on October 26th. Check out all the great designs that have been posted so far and submit one of your own through October 16th! Not the creative type? Then get a jump start on claiming your free T-Shirt now by doing what you do best--Finding great deals and sharing them in our Hot Deals Forum!

Here's how to get a 2012 Black Friday T-Shirt!:

1. Submit a T-Shirt design of your own here by October 16, 2012.

OR

2. Share Your Hot Deals in the FatWallet Forums!

• STEP 1: Post a Hot Deal from one of our affiliated retailers
  • STEP 2: If your Hot Deal has a positive rating at the 24-hour mark, check your FatWallet private messages and follow the link to claim your T-shirt. The private message will be from "ForumNotifier."

The deadline to claim your shirt and have pick of sizes is November 7, 2012. All shirts must be claimed by November 14, 2012, but we cannot guarantee we'll have your size available after November 7th.

Post a Hot Deal Get a Black Friday T-Shirt FAQ...In case you're wondering

Q: Why does it have to be a deal from an affiliated retailer?
A: Because the shirts aren't free for us.

Q: Do they have to be Cash Back-eligible deals?
A: No

Q: Can I have more than one T-shirt?
A: One per person.

Q: Did I make it? Where's my note; where's my T?
A: Patience, please. It can take up to 48 hours for you to receive notice.

Q: When will I get my T-Shirt?
A: T-shirts that are claimed before November 7th will be mailed in time for Black Friday

Eligible deals will be posted after October 1, 2012 12:00 AM CST. Offer expires after 750 eligible Hot Deal topics, October 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM, or when we kill it.

Need a little help? Not sure where to start and how to get your deals to turn "green?"

In case you're new to these parts, here's a little guidance to keep your deals "green" during this most serious shopping season:

Hot Deals FAQ

Hot Deals 101: tips, tricks and cheats to find and post the best deals

P.S. If you believe you're eligible for a t-shirt, you have waited past the 48 hours after posting your deal, please PM me the link to the Hot Deal you posted so I can look into it. Please do not send me your link before the 48 hour mark!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Got Mine! Thanks!

cxy007 (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 2:02p) |

Got mine, nice looking shirt. I had thought that a black shirt would be better but have to admit this looks very good! N... (more)

SpacelySprockets (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 6:30p) |

Got mine today. Looks fantastic!

GeorgeT (Nov. 20, 2012 @ 6:52p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks.

HEATHER!!!!

Dang it, got my hot deal in a day before the beginning of the qualification period.
Will keep hunting for those good deals, can't let this be the year I don't get the shirt!

750 shirts; I have to have one!

Why only 750 shirts?

pitflyer said:   Dang it, got my hot deal in a day before the beginning of the qualification period.
Will keep hunting for those good deals, can't let this be the year I don't get the shirt!

If I miss out I will save all of my "hot deals" until the next FREE SHIRT DAY?

HeatherS4 said:   

Submit a T-Shirt design of your own by October 16, 2012.
Share Your Hot Deals in the FatWallet Forums!

I don't see the word "OR" between 1 & 2, so does this mean you need to design a shirt AND share a hot deal to qualify?

yesidonoitall said:   Why only 750 shirts?

I think this was answered in OP

HeatherS4 said:   A: Because the shirts aren't free for us.

freakinout said:   HeatherS4 said:   

I don't see the word "OR" between 1 & 2, so does this mean you need to design a shirt AND share a hot deal to qualify?

You can do either one to qualify, same as last year.

hmmm..was the 24 hrs to a pm with instructions a goal versus a firm timeline?

johnnybs said:   freakinout said:   HeatherS4 said:   

You can do either one to qualify, same as last year.

Correct, johnnybs! Thanks, freakinout, for pointing that out. I should have included the OR in the post. You can either submit a design into our Black Friday T-shirt design thread or post an eligible hot deal between the dates mentioned above to qualify for a free shirt. You don't have to do both. If you do do both, you still only get one shirt. (Yes I said dodo He! He! That's what I'll be in, if I break the Black Friday t-shirt budget giving everyone 2 shirts.)

cerich said:   hmmm..was the 24 hrs to a pm with instructions a goal versus a firm timeline?

The time-line is firm. PM's will be sent sometime after midnight tonight to everyone with a qualifying hot deal posted between 12:00 am to 11:59 pm on Monday. That way all those posts, even ones that are posted late at night on Monday, have a full 24 hours to get voted green.

I'm going to be out of the office tomorrow afternoon through the weekend. I'll answer any of your questions when I return on Monday, October 8th. If you have something urgent you need help with, please contact MVP9695.

Got the PM for the shirt in my inbox this morning, thank Heather and the gang!

WHEEEEEEEE....got notification i qualified for shirt....cant wait to vote!!!!!!

I did get the notification too late last night, thank you!

Wahoo! Glad it worked and you're all getting your links! Thanks for posting your hot deals! We appreciate you!

[Q=HeatherS4;17208221]

Celebrating our 5th Year! Post a Hot Deal and Get a Free Black Friday T-Shirt!

We're so excited to be celebrating our 5th year of Black Friday T-Shirts! Pay no attention to the cheesy looking guy in the generic FW T-Shirt...the REAL Black Friday T-Shirt for 2012 will be announced on October 26th. Check out all the great designs that have been posted so far and submit]http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1214871/">submit[/L] one of your own through October 16th! Not the creative type? Then get a jump start on claiming your free T-Shirt now by doing what you do best--Finding great deals and sharing them in our Hot Deals Forum!

1. Submit a T-Shirt design of your own here]http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1214871/">here[/L] by October 16, 2012.

OR

• STEP 2: If your Hot Deal has a positive rating at the 24-hour mark, check your FatWallet private messages and follow the link to claim your T-shirt. The private message will be from "ForumNotifier."

The deadline to claim your shirt and have pick of sizes is November 7, 2012. All shirts must be claimed by November 14, 2012, but we cannot guarantee we'll have your size available after November 7th.

Q: Do they have to be Cash]http://www.fatwallet.com/learnmore.php?view=cashback">Cash[/L] Back-eligible deals?

A: T-shirts that are claimed before November 7th will be mailed in time for Black Friday

Eligible deals will be posted after October 1, 2012 12:00 AM CST. Offer expires after 750 eligible Hot Deal topics, October 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM, or when we kill it.

Need a little help? Not sure where to start and how to get your deals to turn "green?"

In case you're new to these parts, here's a little guidance to keep your deals "green" during this most serious shopping season:

Hot]http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/457553">Hot[/L] Deals FAQ

Hot]http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/welcome/843267">Hot[/L] Deals 101: tips, tricks and cheats to find and post the best deals

P.S. If you believe you're eligible for a t-shirt, you have waited past the 48 hours after posting your deal, please PM me the link to the Hot Deal you posted so I can look into it. Please do not send me your link before the 48 hour mark![/Q] LOL

HeatherS4 said:   Wahoo! Glad it worked and you're all getting your links! Thanks for posting your hot deals! We appreciate you!

I received an email this morning telling me that I qualified for a hot deals Black Friday T-shirt. I wanted to thank you and the Fatwallet group for this T, I will wear it proudly.

Also I have reciprocated your generosity by granting you an "You can't be serious" badge and as you know, they don't grow on trees like bananas.

Again THANX from this ole' monkey.

Oh yeah, green 4 U

I'm gonna go APE when I get mine.... Oops to late.

Atariman56 said:

[Q=HeatherS4;17208221]

Celebrating our 5th Year! Post a Hot Deal and Get a Free Black Friday T-Shirt!

We're so excited to be celebrating our 5th year of Black Friday T-Shirts! Pay no attention to the cheesy looking guy in the generic FW T-Shirt...the REAL Black Friday T-Shirt for 2012 will be announced on October 26th. Check out all the great designs that have been posted so far and submit]http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1214871/">submit[/L] one of your own through October 16th! Not the creative type? Then get a jump start on claiming your free T-Shirt now by doing what you do best--Finding great deals and sharing them in our Hot Deals Forum!

1. Submit a T-Shirt design of your own here]http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1214871/">here[/L] by October 16, 2012.

OR

Q: Do they have to be Cash]http://www.fatwallet.com/learnmore.php?view=cashback">Cash[/L] Back-eligible deals?

Hot]http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/457553">Hot[/L] Deals FAQ

Hot]http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/welcome/843267">Hot[/L] Deals 101: tips, tricks and cheats to find and post the best deals

P.S. If you believe you're eligible for a t-shirt, you have waited past the 48 hours after posting your deal, please PM me the link to the Hot Deal you posted so I can look into it. Please do not send me your link before the 48 hour mark![/Q] LOL

Were you trying to get me the YCBS badge? If you were, then thanks! It worked! :)

Got my PM this morning. Thanks FatWallet!

Thanks FW! Got mine again thsis year. This has become a yearly tradition now.

looks so nice.I want get one.

I'm in... The message said It would ship soon. I imagine they will be sent in early November, after the design is selected and they get produced?

cool, i'm going for a Three-peat 3rd year in a row

Weird, no word on getting a T-Shirt. I thought we just had to submit a design. Too poor this year to buy much anything.

WishingOnAStar said:   Weird, no word on getting a T-Shirt. I thought we just had to submit a design. Too poor this year to buy much anything.

That's a separate promotion. The PMs for entering the contest go out some time next week, I think.

WishingOnAStar said:   Weird, no word on getting a T-Shirt. I thought we just had to submit a design. Too poor this year to buy much anything.

TO get a tshirt you have to post a deal that gets 'green'.

uafgrad said:   WishingOnAStar said:   Weird, no word on getting a T-Shirt. I thought we just had to submit a design. Too poor this year to buy much anything.TO get a tshirt you have to post a deal that gets 'green'.
HeatherS4 said:   Here's how to get a 2012 Black Friday T-Shirt!:
1. Submit a T-Shirt design of your own here by October 16, 2012.
OR

Can we get a Fatwallet Branded Taser instead? I need something to take out the people in line in front of me!!!

We don't need no stinkin' badges

I got one! I'm stoked cuz the t-shirts are quite comfortable. I was wearing it in Hawaii at the Apple Store and the rep there said... I know that site!

FW Black Friday T-shirt gives wearer +4 to Deal Finding and +2 to (Crowd) Non-detection.

Hoogineer said:   FW Black Friday T-shirt gives wearer +4 to Deal Finding and +2 to (Crowd) Non-detection.

LOL Yeah I'll be real nondescript wearing mine.

Atariman56 said:   LOL Yeah I'll be real nondescript wearing mine.
LOL -- is that b/c you are a monkey or b/c of the bright green FW logo?

Hoogineer said:   Atariman56 said:   LOL Yeah I'll be real nondescript wearing mine.
LOL -- is that b/c you are a monkey or b/c of the bright green text?

Rats somebody else noticed my appearance.

Great!!!

The 2012 Black Friday forum link should be the popular forums toolbar, not hidden in a drop down menu (at least until Dec 1st).

Skipping 81 Messages...
Got mine today. Looks fantastic!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014