• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Description:

The P290 Laser Sub-Compact 9mm, the most innovative and versatile polymer pistol. Designed to be the ultimate in conceal carry. This unique 9mm pistol is the perfect small defense handgun that meets the demands of today's law enforcement professionals as a backup duty gun, and responsible citizens as a conceal carry gun. This version comes complete with a integrated laser module. The removable grip plates allow for customization with aluminum, wood, and polymer and can be engraved with your initials for a true customized pistol.
Specifications
Type Pistol
Action Double Action
Caliber 9 mm
Barrel Length 2.9"
Capacity 6+1/8+1
Safety Thumb
Grips Interchangeable Polymer
Sights Siglite Night Sights
Weight 20.5 oz
Finish Black

Member Summary

Sig Saucer
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thats a great gun for my wife i have been trying to find something small and compact so she can carry it around all the time ... i think this might be the one thanks for sharing

That's the cash price. Bud's charges 3.1% more if not paying cash, ($469.10).

kaboom7476 said:   thats a great gun for my wife i have been trying to find something small and compact so she can carry it around all the time ... i think this might be the one thanks for sharing

Try one first, she may not like the heavy long trigger pull... And it is really small..really small.

kaboom7476 said:   thats a great gun for my wife i have been trying to find something small and compact so she can carry it around all the time ... i think this might be the one thanks for sharing

In my experience ladies prefer revolvers vs. semi-autos for carrying. It is very difficult to rack the slide of these small pistols and a lot of women do not have the strength to do it. If they can't rack the slide (for emergency purposes) they shouldn't be carrying it for self defense.

Richardito said:   kaboom7476 said:   thats a great gun for my wife i have been trying to find something small and compact so she can carry it around all the time ... i think this might be the one thanks for sharing

In my experience ladies prefer revolvers vs. semi-autos for carrying. It is very difficult to rack the slide of these small pistols and a lot of women do not have the strength to do it. If they can't rack the slide (for emergency purposes) they shouldn't be carrying it for self defense.

Agree with all above. You have to compensate for the lack of mass in the slide somehow. That usually means a stiffer spring. Some folks have issues with racking these small form-factor carry weapons. Check it out first. I'll add that this is NOT a good first gun. This would be for the experienced shooter or someone who plans to spend a good bit of range time with before EVER carrying. The low mass, stiff spring, long pull, and small grip are a challenge for the inexperienced shooter. And I don't want ANYONE out there carrying a gun they are not proficient with.

$.02

Richardito said:   kaboom7476 said:   thats a great gun for my wife i have been trying to find something small and compact so she can carry it around all the time ... i think this might be the one thanks for sharing

There's always the Berettas with tip-up barrels - No need to ever rack the slide, and available in several (smaller) calibers.

Pocket pistol size

or larger pistol in .380

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014