• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Price is $11.99 with free shipping.... plus tax in some states.... and FWCB is 10% right now so the cost is just under $11!
link

77% from critics and 6.3 user rating at Metacritic.
Metacritic

Great price!

edit: Tweaked pricing based on comments, sorry for bad math, I bought something else and my total was $20 minus 10% so I screwed up.

Member Summary

Might & Magic Heroes VI
Thanks Logician1313
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm hesitant. This game has gone downhill since HOMM3.

av911 said:   I'm hesitant. This game has gone downhill since HOMM3. I agree about the decline in quality of the series, but I've been curious about this one. This is about half the price of the lowest price I've seen on this title, so I'm fairly tempted.

btw, even with 10% CashBack, it's not $9.99. $12 x 0.9 = $10.8

I don't want to TC the OP, so I'll just say that this is a pretty darn low price for this game since its release and is a good deal for those who are interested. Definitely a green.

That being said this game was a train wreck since launch due to the number of bugs related to Conflux. I'm not going to comment further other than to visit the official forums and read up. Balance issues (I think) have since been somewhat addressed, but me and the wife gave up on this game long ago due to the frustrations of broken multi-player and the dreaded sync issues.

AlgaeEater said:   I don't want to TC the OP, so I'll just say that this is a pretty darn low price for this game since its release and is a good deal for those who are interested. Definitely a green.

That being said this game was a train wreck since launch due to the number of bugs related to Conflux. I'm not going to comment further other than to visit the official forums and read up. Balance issues (I think) have since been somewhat addressed, but me and the wife gave up on this game long ago due to the frustrations of broken multi-player and the dreaded sync issues.
I read about the bugs, but hear that as of the latest patch release (this month) things have gotten a lot better. No hands-on experience though.

Yuyak said:   AlgaeEater said:   I don't want to TC the OP, so I'll just say that this is a pretty darn low price for this game since its release and is a good deal for those who are interested. Definitely a green.

That being said this game was a train wreck since launch due to the number of bugs related to Conflux. I'm not going to comment further other than to visit the official forums and read up. Balance issues (I think) have since been somewhat addressed, but me and the wife gave up on this game long ago due to the frustrations of broken multi-player and the dreaded sync issues.
I read about the bugs, but hear that as of the latest patch release (this month) things have gotten a lot better. No hands-on experience though.


For the $10 price, you really have not much to loose in giving it a shot.

Considering I paid $100 (50 each) for 2 copies of the game at launch; I try to refrain from being bitter about the experience and just throw up a YMMV with this game.

Thanks OP. Big fan of the earlier versions. Can't really go wrong now that the game is this cheap--the cheapest prices online were around $50 just a month or two ago.

I've only played one version (HOMM1 or maybe HOMM2?). I was terribly addicted to it back then.

Played this for over 140 hours. There is some AWFUL DRM stuff (UPlay) where you can't play the single player campaign for days at a time.
If you're patient, however, the game can be quite rewarding.

Yuyak said:   av911 said:   I'm hesitant. This game has gone downhill since HOMM3. I agree about the decline in quality of the series, but I've been curious about this one. This is about half the price of the lowest price I've seen on this title, so I'm fairly tempted.

btw, even with 10% CashBack, it's not $9.99. $12 x 0.9 = $10.8

Sorry for the bad math! I have also read some reviews that were less than stellar but for around $11 it is hard to pass up!

av911 said:   I'm hesitant. This game has gone downhill since HOMM3.
I still play HoMM 3 on occasion. It can be had for $5 or less on sale from GoG.

Yeah, but I thought HOMM and "Might and Magic, Heroes" were different game series.

UberNoob said:   Yeah, but I thought HOMM and "Might and Magic, Heroes" were different game series. This (M&M Heroes VI) is part of the HoMM series. For some reason they changed from "Heroes of Might and Magic" to "Might and Magic Heroes" starting with this one. Just "Might and Magic" is a different series, different genre (RPG) even. HoMM was a spinoff from "Might and Magic"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Might_and_Magic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_of_Might_and_Magic

I play HOMM I-III, and hated IV, ad V. Might buy HOMM III again



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014