• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

pixma
Disclaimer
Just saw this at my local NY...Walgreens... YMMV

Walgreens
Need a Walgreens coupon that earns 8.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Walgreens
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good luck all... Sale should be over soon according to cashier : (

RAV4VR said:   Good luck all... Sale should be over soon according to cashier : (
Was she specific when?

I saw this same printer yesterday at WalMart for $29.99!

Wow, you are so lucky.

I got one a couple of months ago when they first went on sale.
Check out this thread...
Jul. 28, 2012

$19.99 for a printer? Lowest price i have ever seen. Hot!

I chanced upon one the last time they had it on sale. No rush, it was just sitting there on the shelf with no one the least interested in it so I grabbed it.

printer companies make money on ink than the machine. check the price of the ink.

i was actually there to pick up the MK320 Keyboard/mouse combo for $11.99
just like you guys said... i didn't buy it at the first Walgreens i went to...then by the time i hit up the 3rd Walgreen i finally found the Keyboard/mouse i was looking for... but no sight of the Canon printer...

that pic i took was the only printer i saw out of 3 Walgreens i went to...

dont really need a printer... but from the sound of it... i should have gotten it then

i'll see if it's still there tomorrow... : )

pavankalyan2011 said:   printer companies make money on ink than the machine. check the price of the ink.
The ink is about $16 for black and $13 for each color!

that's right... saw the inks @ Walgreens... they were all between $30-$50

$19.99 just for the ink cartridge alone is already a good deal...

anyone knows if the standard cartridge that comes with the new printer has the same capacity as the one they sell individually for $30?

It only uses 2 cartridges not good

bluestraw said:   RAV4VR said:   Good luck all... Sale should be over soon according to cashier : (
Was she specific when?

i think she said by the time next week's promotions comes out... which is usually sundays

good luck all... i hope the one i saw it's still there... lol

yesidonoitall said:   It only uses 2 cartridges not good

Just what exactly were you expecting for a $20 printer? That's like leaving a comment on thread for an $11,000 car "No AWD, no turbo, no heated leather seats, not good "

lousygolfer said:   yesidonoitall said:   It only uses 2 cartridges not good

Just what exactly were you expecting for a $20 printer? That's like leaving a comment on thread for an $11,000 car "No AWD, no turbo, no heated leather seats, not good "

Since it was ALLEGEDLY a $60 printer I would EXPECT it to use 4 carts, 3 color and 1 black.....
Current cost means nothing as to features.
Unless there is a way to downgrade it for clearance.

I got one on the last round of $19.99. Actually I'm surprised how good has performed.

I have this too, and it's great!
I've been printing like crazy, and have refilled the cart with refill kits off Amazon. The black DIY refill is enough ink for 3-4 refills and something like $13 last I checked. Super easy!
Also, once it gives the out of ink pop up, you can still get a good dozen pages out (not so much for color). Take the time to do the automatic head alignments after every ink re-fill and this printer will treat you as well as one five times the price!

alexisahrens said:   I have this too, and it's great!
I've been printing like crazy, and have refilled the cart with refill kits off Amazon. The black DIY refill is enough ink for 3-4 refills and something like $13 last I checked. Super easy!
Also, once it gives the out of ink pop up, you can still get a good dozen pages out (not so much for color). Take the time to do the automatic head alignments after every ink re-fill and this printer will treat you as well as one five times the price!

I am not as lucky as you are. I fill it up with a DIY refill kit after it stopped printing and the PG210 (black ink)cartridge refused to print from then on. The trick was to use another cartidge to defeat Canon's protection mechanism: it probably remembers the ink level of only 1 cart. So if you keeps 2 working carts you probably can keep on printing indefinitely. My current situation is that the printer software sees the ink level of both carts at or close to 0, and puts a yellow mark as warning. However simce the printer still prints I think I defeated the protection mechanism.

The printer prints fine with fairly loud noises although inside the printer driver tab you can turn on a quiet mode. I never tried that because I think that might be the slow mode.

The ink is really expensive if you print a lot using Canon carts, and if you prints only occasionally like me you might get cart blocked with dried-up ink. It only takes some soaking the cart in water to clear it, but it is a hassle anyway.

I regret not taking the advice of Mr. yesidonoitall and bought this printer. A lesson learned

ertuzi said:   alexisahrens said:   I have this too, and it's great!

I am not as lucky as you are. I fill it up with a DIY refill kit after it stopped printing and the PG210 (black ink)cartridge refused to print from then on. The trick was to use another cartidge to defeat Canon's protection mechanism: it probably remembers the ink level of only 1 cart. So if you keeps 2 working carts you probably can keep on printing indefinitely. My current situation is that the printer software sees the ink level of both carts at or close to 0, and puts a yellow mark as warning. However simce the printer still prints I think I defeated the protection mechanism.

The printer prints fine with fairly loud noises although inside the printer driver tab you can turn on a quiet mode. I never tried that because I think that might be the slow mode.

The ink is really expensive if you print a lot using Canon carts, and if you prints only occasionally like me you might get cart blocked with dried-up ink. It only takes some soaking the cart in water to clear it, but it is a hassle anyway.

I regret not taking the advice of Mr. yesidonoitall and bought this printer. A lesson learned

This printer doesn't use 210...it uses 240......

Maybe that is the new cart for ip2702
The canon site still says:

What's in the Box
PIXMA iP2702 Inkjet Photo Printer
Document Kit:
Cross Sell Sheet
Getting Started
Important Information Sheet
Setup Software & User's Guide CD ROM
Warranty Card
Ink Cartridges:
PG-210 Pigment Black
CL-211 Color
Power Cord
Bonus Paper(PP-201, 5 sheets)

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifu...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014