• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ex. 11-30-12 Fill out the form and submit (Print limit is 2) (An ad prints after the coupon)

Click here to print $10 off any Scotts Turf Builder EZ Seed Ultimate Winter Lawn Mix Purchase

http://pages.exacttarget.com/ezseed_winterlawn/

Member Summary

STB
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Bleh. I hate installing these damn coupon printers.

How much are these usually?

Must fill out address form, must install printer coupon. As an IT guy in the business for over 20 years, I'm walking away from this one. Not worth 10 bucks.

whoapower said:   Must fill out address form, must install printer coupon. As an IT guy in the business for over 20 years, I'm walking away from this one. Not worth 10 bucks.

only requires Zip code & email (real or maybe not so real).

Does it really matter what business you are in if you don't like a deal?

MeIsCheap said:   whoapower said:   Must fill out address form, must install printer coupon. As an IT guy in the business for over 20 years, I'm walking away from this one. Not worth 10 bucks.

It isn't about liking the deal or not. It is about any possible side effects which offset the 10 dollar savings on an item. So to answer your question, yes, it does matter. The coupon printer driver could be perfectly safe, or it could be a headache to remove, it could be something that tracks your activity or could have other unknown effects in the long run. It could cause another application (business or personal) not able to work correctly. I have many remote users, when they install junk on their systems, they do not lack significant privilages to their machines, or some machines do not function correctly. That causes downtime, or even a few days out due to FedEx shipping me the systems over night and getting it back to them the next day. This is of course, for extreme measures. Too many unknowns to save ten bucks IMO. But with this one, feel free to prove me wrong. I always accept criticism.

whoapower said:   MeIsCheap said:   whoapower said:   Must fill out address form, must install printer coupon. As an IT guy in the business for over 20 years, I'm walking away from this one. Not worth 10 bucks.

It isn't about liking the deal or not. It is about any possible side effects which offset the 10 dollar savings on an item. So to answer your question, yes, it does matter. The coupon printer driver could be perfectly safe, or it could be a headache to remove, it could be something that tracks your activity or could have other unknown effects in the long run. It could cause another application (business or personal) not able to work correctly. I have many remote users, when they install junk on their systems, they do not lack significant privilages to their machines, or some machines do not function correctly. That causes downtime, or even a few days out due to FedEx shipping me the systems over night and getting it back to them the next day. This is of course, for extreme measures. Too many unknowns to save ten bucks IMO. But with this one, feel free to prove me wrong. I always accept criticism.

analysis paralysis....

Here's an old thread from 08 about the app: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20236965-Is-installing-a-Coupon...

Here's what's going on with the app, again dated back from '08: http://www.benedelman.org/news/031808-1.html

Their app, and policies, could have changed in the past few years, but they were not trustworthy back then when they stated the app only does X, Y & Z, when it really did a bit more than they claimed.

As for MisterCheap's 'analysis paralysis' comment, this goes through my head hundreds of times a day. If you don't question what you are signing up for or installing on your system, you'll be the crying victim one day wondering how your information got out.

I've sent a message to Scott's about this issue.

Prngr44 said:   Bleh. I hate installing these damn coupon printers.So do I, but I hate flossing my teeth even more and do that 2x per day.

In this case, the install is worth $20 for two $10 prints.

Prngr44 said:   Bleh. I hate installing these damn coupon printers.

call 877-375-5135 and they will mail you one. It will take 7-14 days to arrive.

Thank you for the info

Installed coupon printer software and nothing happened. No coupon is printed. Any ideas? Thanks.

Just what I needed. I ended up buying two 20 lbs. bags from Lowes.
Thanks

I installed coupon printers, but didn't get any coupons. How did you print your coupons? Thanks.
kgradzki said:   Just what I needed. I ended up buying two 20 lbs. bags from Lowes.
Thanks

Farmer said:   Installed coupon printer software and nothing happened. No coupon is printed. Any ideas? Thanks.

Dunno what you tried, but usually with these coupon printers you have to have your printer turned on and ready when you click the link, otherwise it won't do anything.

I called Scott and they said they'll send me the coupons.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014