• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

The program is available for $29.95, but it will be free for our visitors as a time-limited offer.

The professional edition of Auslogics’ favorite defragmenter offers advanced optimization algorithms and innovative boot-time defrag technology, delivering an even more significant performance boost to your system.

Its advanced features let you not only defragment and optimize your drives, but also prevent fragmentation and effectively maintain your system in the like-new state:

Defragments system files (MFT, pagefile, hiberfil, etc.) so that your operating system will start up faster;
Offers a choice of 4 disk optimization algorithms that let you tailor the program to your specific needs;
Not only defrags, but prevents further fragmentation with free space consolidation and intelligent file placement;
Uses special algorithms for SSD and VSS-enabled drives to prevent disk wear or loss of restore points;
Offers extended scheduling options that let you set defragmentation and optimization tasks for when it is convenient for you;
Shows detailed reports and performance charts so that you can see everything the program does and how it influences your PC’s performance.
All-in-all, Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro is a tool that can help you restore or maintain your computer at its top speed and performance.

Member Summary

Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Defragments system files (MFT, pagefile, hiberfil, etc.) so that your operating system will start up faster;
Offers a choice of 4 disk optimization algorithms that let you tailor the program to your specific needs;
Not only defrags, but prevents further fragmentation with free space consolidation and intelligent file placement;
Uses special algorithms for SSD and VSS-enabled drives to prevent disk wear or loss of restore points;
Offers extended scheduling options that let you set defragmentation and optimization tasks for when it is convenient for you;
Shows detailed reports and performance charts so that you can see everything the program does and how it influences your PC’s performance.
All-in-all, Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro is a tool that can help you restore or maintain your computer at its top speed and performance
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I was using the free defrag. The pro version has free space consolidation which I am using it now.

Same here as whyme1. Try the free version, then go pro.

I know people seem to like these types of tools but for Win 7 the built in Defragger is all that is really needed. I know some will point to the programs other functions which I suppose may be beneficial. But Win 7 is not XP and it's maintenance is handled very well by the built in programs. If you have XP go for it, if you have Win 7 try the built in tool.

This giveaway of the day is restricted to a 1-year license. It's not clear what does that mean. So far, no one has been able to find out what happens when that time period ends. It is possible that at that time this software will stop working and one may have to pay to download a working version.

My advice is to stay away from it unless you plan to pay them $$$ at that time!

tonglu1 said:   This giveaway of the day is restricted to a 1-year license. It's not clear what does that mean. So far, no one has been able to find out what happens when that time period ends. It is possible that at that time this software will stop working and one may have to pay to download a working version.

The purpose of GAOTD is demo its software. The next time you reformat your drive, you no longer have it. If you find value, you'd buy it. Or maybe you'd recommend it to a friend, etc. And even if, at the end of one year, you have to uninstall it, why would you need to "stay away from it"? It's not asking for a CCard, no harm done, and you got to use it for a year.

Defraggler

...oh yes...you do not defrag SSDs

Dotbody said:   tonglu1 said:   This giveaway of the day is restricted to a 1-year license. It's not clear what does that mean. So far, no one has been able to find out what happens when that time period ends. It is possible that at that time this software will stop working and one may have to pay to download a working version.

The purpose of GAOTD is demo its software. The next time you reformat your drive, you no longer have it. If you find value, you'd buy it. Or maybe you'd recommend it to a friend, etc. And even if, at the end of one year, you have to uninstall it, why would you need to "stay away from it"? It's not asking for a CCard, no harm done, and you got to use it for a year.

I'm saying is that you need to be aware that there is a license limitation which is not clearly spelled out in the detail description of the "Giveaway".

Personally, I prefer to have programs on my computer to continue working without a hidden deadline.

tonglu1 said:   Dotbody said:   tonglu1 said:   This giveaway of the day is restricted to a 1-year license. It's not clear what does that mean. So far, no one has been able to find out what happens when that time period ends. It is possible that at that time this software will stop working and one may have to pay to download a working version.

I'm saying is that you need to be aware that there is a license limitation which is not clearly spelled out in the detail description of the "Giveaway".

Personally, I prefer to have programs on my computer to continue working without a hidden deadline.

That's not what you said at all. You said "stay away".

rushhound said:   tonglu1 said:   Dotbody said:   tonglu1 said:   This giveaway of the day is restricted to a 1-year license. It's not clear what does that mean. So far, no one has been able to find out what happens when that time period ends. It is possible that at that time this software will stop working and one may have to pay to download a working version.

That's not what you said at all. You said "stay away".

I did say "stay away" because despite multiple comments/questions, the designer has not confirm/acknowledge that it is a "1-year license".

To me, that's an important consideration which should have been spelled out upfront in the giveaway offer to let us decide whether to download and install this software. Personally, I don't want to install a program and find it stop working all of a sudden (1 year from now).

As suggested by some commentators, there are other similar programs available and free which do not have such restriction. Even windows' built-in defrag can do a decent job. For that reason, I'd staying away from this GAOTD. (Read comments regarding free alternatives.)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014