• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
buydig special: Catalog# E1OCZAG4512GB | Mfg Part# E1OCZAG4512GB
Deal still works!
UPDATED: Oct 14th, 2012

PRICE DROPPED
OCZ Technology Agility 4 - 512GB Internal Solid State Drive with Bonus OCZ Upgrade Kit

Bundled price: $299
Use Promo Code: SSD512
Price drops to $279 Free Shipping.

There may be tax for your state.
Linky

Member Summary

OCZ Technology Agility 4 - 512GB
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › OCZ
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

And already the 128 GB OCZ 4 is obsoleted by price decreases

I have a Vertex 3 now. Is the Agility a better/faster/more reliable model?

No.

Agility using async chip, Vertex using sync chip. Stay with your Vertex.

BMWBig6 said:   I have a Vertex 3 now. Is the Agility a better/faster/more reliable model?

Agility 4 (not Vertex 4), is a worse SSD than a Vertex/Agility 3.
There's a reason they are so cheap.

Thanks guys!

noodle04 said:   No.

Agility using async chip, Vertex using sync chip. Stay with your Vertex.

BMWBig6 said:   I have a Vertex 3 now. Is the Agility a better/faster/more reliable model?

What kind of differences are we talking here? I've been waiting to pull the trigger on and SSD larger than 256GB for some time. It seems that the sweet spot is 256 and smaller drives right now. I don't game and have a 4 year old macbook that I recently upgraded to a 240 gb drive and now its my fastest computer (aside from my retina display lappy) despite not having nearly as new hardware as my other computers, so I'm sold on SSDs. Thats also not to mention that my old macbook is restricted to 3 Gbps transfer and not 6. My question is, how much of a difference am I going to notice between drives with sync and async? I do a fair amount of photoshop although nothing complex or professional. I do occasional video encoding, and otherwise pretty bread and butter computer applications. Would I notice much of a difference? Are there any other reasons why sync is better than async?

is there any way to adoid the tax?

Yes the main performance difference between asynchronous(lower performance) and synchronous(higher performance) is real world stuff(compressed media files etc) and how it performs as they get filled up. Empty with just O/S install both types of Nand perform well,fill them up halfway and the Synchronous SSD performs 60% better,

loslonelyman said:   Yes the main performance difference between asynchronous(lower performance) and synchronous(higher performance) is real world stuff(compressed media files etc) and how it performs as they get filled up. Empty with just O/S install both types of Nand perform well,fill them up halfway and the Synchronous SSD performs 60% better,

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll pass.

Still going. Quite a long-lasting deal for an SSD that is priced this low.

SSD512 no longer works. Deal over

Deal still good as of 10/6

Deal still good as of 10/14

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.