• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Office Depot FAR software for the week of 09/30/2012 and continuing the week of 10/07/2012

UPDATE for the week of 10/07/2012: No changes. The rebates from the week of 09/30 continue the week of 10/07.

One title free after completely new rebates. One title free after rebate and one title $9.99 after rebate with at least one continuing rebate.

Titles with COMPLETELY NEW rebates:

Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security, For 3 Users, Traditional Disc [710437] $69.99 online LINK
++ Advertised as "FREE after $5 Instant, $40 Mfr. Mail-In & $30 Mfr. Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings"
$40 standard rebate #12-21401 LINK
--- rebate valid from 09/30/2012 through 10/13/2012
--- Valid* UPC code from the bottom of the box (cut out from package, no photocopies will be accepted)[The UPC code and the proof of purchase are two separate items]
--- * A valid UPC begins with the numbers 733199, all other UPC do not qualify
--- copy of receipt with a Trend Micro purchase price of $25.00 or greater
$30 upgrade rebate #12-21421 LINK
--- rebate valid from 09/30/2012 through 10/13/2012
--- Original Proof of Purchase seal from the top inside flap (cut out from package, no photocopies will be accepted)[The UPC code and the proof of purchase are two separate items]
--- * A valid UPC begins with the numbers 733199, all other UPC do not qualify
--- copy of receipt with a purchase price of $25.00 or greater
--- Proof of prior ownership of a retail (boxed or downloaded) stand-alone version of Trend Micro PC-cillin, or any Norton™ or McAfee™ product, by providing one of the following: product CD [photo copy generally OK], product disk (disk 1 only), title page of owner’s manual from a retail purchase, or the email confirmation for a download purchse.
++ Trend Micro rebates generally can be pre-submitted at www.rebateshq.com

Titles with at least one CONTINUING rebate:

System Mechanic 8, Traditional Disc [388915] $49.99 LINK
++ Advertised as "FREE After $4 Instant, $30 Mfr. Mail-In & $20 Mfr. Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings"
$30 CONTINUING standard rebate #12-16844 LINK ORIGINAL LINK UPDATED EXTENDED
--- rebate valid from 09/16/2012 through 10/13/2012 (end extended from 09/29/2012)
--- original proof of purchase seal
--- copy of UPC code
--- copy of receipt
$20 CONTINUING [onbox] upgrade rebate #11-57083 LINK
--- rebate valid from 08/01/2011 through 12/31/2012
--- original UPC
--- a copy of dated sales receipt with the purchase price circled
--- proof of previous ownership* of participating product: Previous owners of stand-alone / retail products must enclose a photocopy of the CD, original first page of the manual, or original invoice for electronically delivered products.
--- * - Norton System 360™, Norton Utilities™, AvanquestSystem Suite™, AvanquestFix-It Utilities™ , CA PC TuneupDefender Pro ™ or any product from iolo.

System Mechanic® Professional, Traditional Disc [388830] $69.99 LINK
++ Advertised as "$9.99 After $30 Mfr. Mail-In & $30 Mfr.Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings"
$30 standard rebate #12-16845 LINK
++ Redeemable only on versions released on or after 12/01/2007.
--- rebate valid from 09/16/2012 through 10/13/2012
--- original proof of purchase seal (Proof of purchase seal and UPC code are two different proofs)
--- copy of UPC code
--- copy of receipt
$30 CONTINUING upgrade rebate #11-57241 LINK
++ Redeemable only on versions released on or after 8/01/2011.
--- rebate valid from 08/01/2011 through 12/31/2012
--- original UPC
--- a copy of dated sales receipt with the purchase price circled
--- proof of previous ownership* of participating product: Previous owners of stand-alone / retail products must enclose a photocopy of the CD, original first page of the manual, or original invoice for electronically delivered products.
--- * - Valid for previous owners of Norton System 360™, Norton Utilities™, AvanquestSystem Suite™, AvanquestFix-It Utilities™ , CA PC TuneupDefender Pro ™ or any product from iolo.

--------------------

****ALERT ON McAfee REBATES****

McAfee enforces a one per product limit on its rebates. It does not matter if the rebate has a different rebate number or offer period. The rebate invalidation message is "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process".

--------------------

NOTES:

--- "FAR": free after rebate
--- "completely new rebates": the goal of my Office Depot rebate threads is that the rebates of any title listed in the "completely new rebates" category can be submitted without concern for past rebate submissions.
--- "standard rebate": all rebate proofs can be satisfied with the purchase of the title.
--- "upgrade rebate": at least one rebate proof requires providing a certain proof of owning a previous version of the product or a competitors' product.
--- "CONTINUING rebate": the rebate was not offered for the first time during this offer period. Please check your rebate submission history to determine whether you have submitted this rebate in the past.
--- "onbox" or "inbox" rebate: the rebate form or the information for submitting the rebate are found on or in the product box. If known, a link to a pdf version of the rebate or the pre-submission information for the rebate are provided.

--------------------

The following search should return most earlier "Office Depot FAR software" threads: SEARCH LINK

--------------------

Office Depot
See Office Depot coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security, For 3 Users
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Parago rejected my rebate for System Mechanic Pro "$20 CONTINUING [onbox] upgrade rebate #11-57083." The site says "Hou... (more)

caterpillar123 (Oct. 26, 2012 @ 11:12p) |

08/01/2011

bpvh (Oct. 26, 2012 @ 11:54p) |

Thanks to both you and bpvh. I submitted my two rebates as suggested and both say "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled... (more)

fw101 (Oct. 28, 2012 @ 3:50p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The OP has been updated.

I watched this segment of rebates -- upgrade of competitive product -- from the sidelines the past few years but I am ready to jump in.

For the Trend rebate: Can I take their statement literally of "Any McAfee product"? I have McAfee single-user and three-user Internet Security products along with McAfee Antivirus to offer.

Has Trend accepted a photocopy of the product CD in the past as proof of ownership?

Stolat said:   I watched this segment of rebates -- upgrade of competitive product -- from the sidelines the past few years but I am ready to jump in.

For the Trend rebate: Can I take their statement literally of "Any McAfee product"? I have McAfee single-user and three-user Internet Security products along with McAfee Antivirus to offer.

Has Trend accepted a photocopy of the product CD in the past as proof of ownership?

Trend Micro PC-cillin (presumably any TM product) or any Norton or McAfee product means just that.

A photocopy of the product CD is sufficient to satisfy the upgrade rebate's proof of ownership requirement.

FYI, purchased the Trend Micro yesterday. the rebate period extends to 10/13/12 on this (for both original and upgrade). as long as the extra $5 instant savings remains, this should be free after MIR (2) next week as well for planning purposes.

MISTERCHEAP said:   FYI, purchased the Trend Micro yesterday. the rebate period extends to 10/13/12 on this (for both original and upgrade). as long as the extra $5 instant savings remains, this should be free after MIR (2) next week as well for planning purposes.
The rebate end dates are noted in the OP.

Most OD rebate offers are good for two weeks although as MISTERCHEAP points out, sometimes the instant savings or whatever only apply for one of the two weeks. See this search and note how many continue the next week. How long the instant savings lasts can even be channel dependent (in-store, online, etc.).

Any issues with rebates after using rewards to pay for FAR software at OD (given the "purchase price" looks lower due to rewards bringing it to $0)?

TIA!

Floydian said:   Any issues with rebates after using rewards to pay for FAR software at OD (given the "purchase price" looks lower due to rewards bringing it to $0)?
No.

At OD, rewards are a form of payment -- not a coupon like at Staples -- so there is no adjustment on the item. The rewards appear as a payment similar to what a credit card would look like.

I looked back and looks like I purchased that Trend Micro product in July. Looks like the form says "per version" or are you folks just doing these once per offer term.

maddybeagle said:   I looked back and looks like I purchased that Trend Micro product in July. Looks like the form says "per version" or are you folks just doing these once per offer term.
To date, Trend Micro and Parago have not enforced the per version limitation.

The 3rd Quarter rewards are showing up in my acct. now, so you may want to check yours as well.

Got my 3rd quarter rewards and ready to cash them in. Normally I can find a coupon good for software and make some money with the deal, but no go this time. Best deal I could figure out was to buy Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security and System Mechanic 8, use the free tote & pashmina coupon ($75 purchase) or the free gift coupon ($100 purchase) and get 1% or 2% CashBack depending on which provider I use.

How is everybody else doing the rewards to rebate conversion?

dougneb said:   Got my 3rd quarter rewards and ready to cash them in. Normally I can find a coupon good for software and make some money with the deal, but no go this time. Best deal I could figure out was to buy Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security and System Mechanic 8, use the free tote & pashmina coupon ($75 purchase) or the free gift coupon ($100 purchase) and get 1% or 2% CashBack depending on which provider I use.

How is everybody else doing the rewards to rebate conversion?

Is there an unexpired code for tote or gift coupon? The couple mentioned in the OD coupon thread have expired.
ETA: Found this in a different site: code 339055637, good for free Tote & Pashmina (Item # 643738) with >= $75 purchase.

No FAR software titles for the week of 10/14 -- at least from the online flyer using my zipcode.

bpvh said:   No FAR software titles for the week of 10/14 -- at least from the online flyer using my zipcode.

say it ain't so BPVH!

bpvh said:   No FAR software titles for the week of 10/14 -- at least from the online flyer using my zipcode.

Thanks. I have a few dollars left expiring in Oct. think I'll buy this week just in case nothing else shows up.

bpvh said:   No FAR software titles for the week of 10/14 -- at least from the online flyer using my zipcode.I just got $95 in WLR. Maybe I'll buy Trend Micro now to get rid of most of it.

Too bad TM isn't $5.01 more, although the free tote probably isn't worth the extra sales tax.

Anyone do the "Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security, For 3 Users" rebate?
When I pre-submitted the rebates online, both ask for original UPC. Here is the specific requirement on the form I got at the end of the pre-submision:

%%% $40 rebate%%%%
To receive your reward attach the following required proof of purchase:
Trend Titanium Internet Security 3 user Confirmation Email/Invoice/Receipt
Trend Titanium Internet Security 3 user Original UPC
%%%%%

%%% $30 upgrade rebate%%%%
Trend Titanium Internet Security 3 user Proof of Previous Ownership
Trend Titanium Internet Security 3 user Proof of Purchase
%%%%%

This seems to be inconsistent with the pdf form instructions.

uutxs said:   Anyone do the "Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security, For 3 Users" rebate?
When I pre-submitted the rebates online, both ask for original UPC. Here is the specific requirement on the form I got at the end of the pre-submision:

%%% $40 rebate%%%%
%%%%%

%%%%%

The pre-submit requirements always forget to mention the OR with regard to the upc OR proof of purchase. Sometimes the rebate processor will forget as well but a simple phone call will resolve.

Send the UPC with the $40 rebate and the POP with the $30 upgrade rebate as noted in the OP.

What bpvh said was right.

I actually messed up an exact rebate and sent a photocopy of the UPC (instead of the Proof of Purchase). I called the rebate center recently and they validated my rebate without asking anything more from me. Happy ending.

bpvh said:   uutxs said:   Anyone do the "Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security, For 3 Users" rebate?

%%% $40 rebate%%%%
%%%%%

%%%%%

The pre-submit requirements always forget to mention the OR with regard to the upc OR proof of purchase. Sometimes the rebate processor will forget as well but a simple phone call will resolve.

Send the UPC with the $40 rebate and the POP with the $30 upgrade rebate as noted in the OP.

No FAR software titles for the week of 10/21 -- at least from the online flyer using my zipcode.

The OP has been updated.

A reader PMed me noting that the $30 standard rebate for System Mechanic Pro did not print out at the cash register and that the link in the OP went to the rebate that expired 09/29. While the first issue is a bit worrying, the second issue has been resolved.

System Mechanic 8, Traditional Disc [388915] $49.99 LINK
++ Advertised as "FREE After $4 Instant, $30 Mfr. Mail-In & $20 Mfr. Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings"
$30 CONTINUING standard rebate #12-16844 LINK ORIGINAL LINK UPDATED EXTENDED
--- rebate valid from 09/16/2012 through 10/13/2012 (end extended from 09/29/2012)

Parago rejected my rebate for System Mechanic Pro "$20 CONTINUING [onbox] upgrade rebate #11-57083." The site says "Household limit exceeded." I got a rebate in April for the product. The current offer says valid from 8/1 to 12/31 so it doesn't make any sense to me.

caterpillar123 said:   Parago rejected my rebate for System Mechanic Pro "$20 CONTINUING [onbox] upgrade rebate #11-57083." The site says "Household limit exceeded." I got a rebate in April for the product. The current offer says valid from 8/1 to 12/31 so it doesn't make any sense to me.
08/01/2011

iamabigbug said:   What bpvh said was right.

I actually messed up an exact rebate and sent a photocopy of the UPC (instead of the Proof of Purchase). I called the rebate center recently and they validated my rebate without asking anything more from me. Happy ending.

Thanks to both you and bpvh. I submitted my two rebates as suggested and both say "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing."

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014