Voting History
rated:

Bulb with box
Disclaimer

Specs
Disclaimer

Bulb close up
Disclaimer
Walgreens is selling Greenlite 8W Dimmable LED bulbs, 2 for $5.99.

This is in the Seattle area. There is a "PSE Instant Rebate" sticker on the boxes.

I've bought a bunch and they work great. This is the best deal I've seen on dimmable (or non-dimmable) LED bulbs.

Walgreens
See Walgreens coupons that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Greenlite 8W Dimmable LED bulbs
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Yup. I picked up 5 to try out. It's amazing how much faster/brighter they are than the fluorescents they replaced.

MattR (Oct. 23, 2012 @ 1:11a) |

really? I will try it again.

pettercn (Oct. 23, 2012 @ 1:15a) |

The original deal was better. $5.99 for 2 LED bulbs.

StarscreamX (Oct. 23, 2012 @ 10:18p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What type of base?

this one ?

http://www.theenergyconscious.com/lig1809.html

The Greenlite LED A19 8 watt lamp is a suitable replacement for a conventional 40 watt incandescent light bulb, using 80% less electricity.
This lamp's long life makes it an ideal solution for hard to reach applications where just a modest amount of light is required.

These are A19 bulbs with Edison base.

RegUSPatOff said:   this one ?

http://www.theenergyconscious.com/lig1809.html

The Greenlite LED A19 8 watt lamp is a suitable replacement for a conventional 40 watt incandescent light bulb, using 80% less electricity.
This lamp's long life makes it an ideal solution for hard to reach applications where just a modest amount of light is required.

It looks somewhat like that, but doesn't have the fins. Strangely, none of the Greenlite bulbs that I can find online look like the bulbs that I bought.

I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

Updated with pictures.

Seems like a great deal. I bought 30 bulbs.

do you have Greenlite's part number ?
is it "LED-A19-BW-Dim"

Is the light very focused, like a flashlight, on these bulbs? Or more broad lighy spread?

2cheap2eat said:   Is the light very focused, like a flashlight, on these bulbs? Or more broad lighy spread?

The light is not as focused as a flashlight. However, you won't get more than about 160 degree arc from it. Also, it isn't something that you want to be looking straight at (too bright).

I've been using them in down lighting, cans, and downward pointing shades.

Wish we got some here.

Man, this is exactly what I'm looking for, but I live in PA.

Great price. Costco (in MA) has a sale but price is double this, still good price compared to normal.

OP, When you use these in can (recessed) lights, do they look too dim or do they create a shadow between the cans? I'm thinking 40 Watt equivalent is not that bright.

I haven't used them in recessed cans, but they work well in the cans that I do have. They are in pairs of two, but pointing in somewhat different directions, so I don't see any shadows.

Thanks OP. Got some at my local Walgreens. I believe these are equivalent to standard 40W bulbs in terms of brightness.

StarscreamX said:   Thanks OP. Got some at my local Walgreens. I believe these are equivalent to standard 40W bulbs in terms of brightness.

Yes, I agree. I replaced 45W, 60W, and 75W incandescents with them and they seem up to the task. Of course, most of these were in fixtures where the directionality of the LEDs really "shines" (forgive me for that one ).

Interestingly, I replaced 11W CFL globes in my bathroom with 5W Pharos bulbs (they kind of look like little globes) and they seem brighter. It may be that the LEDs give more light in the spectrum that we humans can better absorb.

By the way, here is the associated PSE instance rebate information:

http://www.pse.com/savingsandenergycenter/ForHomes/Pages/LED-Bul...

They mention a few companies:

Limited time offers from PSE and partners

Two-pack of Greenlite LED bulbs with PSE logo for less than $7 after PSE instant discount, a $40 value, available at participating Lowe’s and McLendon Hardware.**
Award-winning Philips L-Prize 60 watt replacement LED bulb for $39.99 after $10 instant discount from PSE, a $50 value, available at Home Depot.
Get $15 off at participating Batteries Plus locations on select LED products to replace your traditional incandescent bulbs, LED bulbs starting at $2.99.

p.s. I've replaced just about every bulb in my and my parent inlaw's house with these, the $5 7W Toshiba LEDs from 1000bulbs.com (current $10, but often go on sale), and the 6 for $25 Pharos 5W LEDs on Amazon.com. For $3 to $5 per bulb, the pay off is very quick (assuming you don't want to go the CFL (mercury, delayed start, slow warm-up) route).

Greenlite is a terrible brand as their CFT usually die as quickly as my incandescent bulbs. But for $3 each, I would give them a try. Hope it is in stock in my area.

I went to 3 Walgreens in central Florida. Aside from the LED night light bulbs, there is no sign that they sell these 8W LED bulbs at all. I could really use them for my bathroom that has 3 bulb sockets that I can dim. I'm using regular 60W bulbs right now. Can't use CFL's.

Limited time offers from PSE and partners

Two-pack of Greenlite LED bulbs with PSE logo for less than $7 after PSE instant discount, a $40 value, available at participating Lowe’s and McLendon Hardware.**
Award-winning Philips L-Prize 60 watt replacement LED bulb for $39.99 after $10 instant discount from PSE, a $50 value, available at Home Depot.
Get $15 off at participating Batteries Plus locations on select LED products to replace your traditional incandescent bulbs, LED bulbs starting at $2.99.

Can anyone confirm if Lowes are selling the GreenLite LED bulbs (2-pack) for less than $7 at 60W? The ones at Walgreens are 40W.

On Sale
Disclaimer
$3.99 through January 14th at one of my local Walgreens (Bremerton, WA - the one on Sylvan doesn't carry LED bulbs but the one on Wheaton has them).

Great deal. $3.99?

I find other from wb.Great deal!

pettercn said:   Great deal. $3.99?

Yup. I picked up 5 to try out. It's amazing how much faster/brighter they are than the fluorescents they replaced.

really? I will try it again.

The original deal was better. $5.99 for 2 LED bulbs.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014