• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I had been seeking out a decent Elliptical all summer & wound up with a decent deal I thought I'd share.

Dicks & Sears had this model(Sole E95) at $1500. The problem was that Dick's charges $120 for delivery & assembly and Sears is $200.
Yes, I need mine put together, I had trouble putting together a shoe the other day(no clue where those lace things go).

Fortunately, Dicks stopped selling Sole this month & Sears was out of stock and their staff was so incompetent they couldn't tell me anything about their products.

That left me emailing a salesmen at SOLE. I kind of used the strategy that folks use for buying a car.
I told the sole guy that I had really wanted his product but their direct prices were higher than my local retail ones.
Then he came down $150 off the net price which was awesome. Except they're assembly price is $225.
You can get it shipped free, but if you have it assembled the shipping company does that so they charge a bunch.

Finally, after maybe 8-10 replies within a couple weeks he came down to a great price he said his manager approved.
Besides the $150 discount which brought it down to $1249.99, he'd only charge $50 for the assembly.
Maybe some of you "do it your selfers" could get it at that price, but I felt fine with the $1299
for a new machine.

At the time (3 weeks ago) they were out of stock & back order for everything. So 9/27 they have started to build new ones and mine will be delivered in a week or so.

Member Summary

SOLE E95 SOLE Elliptical
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I wound up paying a total of $999 for the E-98 because of SOLE's shipping delays and their shipping company's errors. If you can avoid ABF Freight for the rest of your life you'll be a happier person. So after 6 weeks of delays I have a great machine with a $300 credit coming.

One more addition... ABF is sending me a check for $200 For their F Ups....so I wind up paying $800 for $2200 of machinery...not that I wish my problems on anyone else.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014