rated:

Member Summary

Kill Bill, Volume 2
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer

Great car chase in this one
Thanks sprof
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Definitely some good titles there.

Good find!

Here's my 2 cents on bb

Most of these titles a lot people owned already. I believe they even purchased at a cheaper price from via Amazon, b.friday or other web stores. Everyone knows, been all over the news that bb is a display store for Amazon. When is bb going wake the f##k up. I know they closed down some stores and open more cellphone stores to cut cost and generate money but that not how they going survive in this economy. If they don't get their act together they going end up like cc, CompUSA and etc.

I feel sorry for those who might end up losing their jobs at bb.

Maybe opinion is more suitable at reddit.

Full list for the lazy:

10 Things I Hate About You (Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV) (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre/Spa) 1999
Benny & Joon (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Spa/Fre) 1993
Black Sheep (Blu-ray Disc) (Fre/Spa/Eng) 1996
Coming to America (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre/Spa) 1988
Coyote Ugly (Blu-ray Disc)
Crimson Tide (Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV) (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre) 1995
Dances With Wolves (Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV) (Blu-ray Disc) 1990
Death Wish 2 (Blu-ray Disc) 1982
Dja Vu (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre/Spa) 2006
Enemy of the State (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre/Spa) 1998
Fever Pitch (Blu-ray Disc) 2005
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray Disc) 1997
Hidalgo (Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV) (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre/Spa) 2004
Honeymoon in Vegas (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre/Spa) 1992
Hot Tub Time Machine (Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV) (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre) 2010
Kill Bill 1 (Blu-ray Disc)
Kill Bill 2 (Blu-ray Disc)
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre/Spa) 2001
Mad Max (W/Dvd) (Blu-ray Disc)
Nacho Libre (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre/Spa) 2006
Navy SEALs (Blu-ray Disc) 1990
Platoon (Blu-ray Disc) 1986
Reign of Fire (Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV) (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre/Spa) 2002
Rocky (Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV) (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre/Spa) 1976
Ronin (Blu-ray Disc)
Rounders (Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV) (Blu-ray Disc) 1998
Runaway Jury (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Spa/Fre) 2003
Shallow Hal (Blu-ray Disc) 2001
Sin City (Blu-ray Disc) 2005
Street Kings 2: Motor City (Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV) (Blu-ray Disc) 2011
The Horse Whisperer (Blu-ray Disc) 1998
The Prestige (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre/Spa) 2006
The Terminator (Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV) (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre) 1984
The Waterboy (Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV) (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre/Spa) 1998
Under the Tuscan Sun (Blu-ray Disc) 2003
Walking Tall (Blu-ray Disc) 2004
WarGames (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Fre) 1983
When Harry Met Sally (Blu-ray Disc) 1989

In for Sin City because I can't find my DVD of it...grr. Rest of the titles are either meh or I already have on DVD and I'm not re-buying.

Do people actually buy DVDs these days? A friend of mine had over 100 DVDs when she realized they were mostly not watched more than once. She stopped buying them. Now she just goes to the library to get them for free.
What is the advantage to buying these DVDs?

FWjunkie2 said:   What is the advantage to buying these DVDs?

These are not DVDS, they are Blu-rays.

Shmabobolo said:   FWjunkie2 said:   What is the advantage to buying these DVDs?

Do people actually watch their Blu-rays more than once?

HAY GUISE I DONT SEE THE NEED FOR PEOPLE TO SHOP AT BEST BUY, OWN DVDS, OR WATCH MOVEES MORE THAN ONCE SO THEREFORE ITS STOOPID. HERPTY DERP.

frenchylarue said:   

Do people actually click on threads in Hot Deals for items they have no interest in, simply to make pointless comments to the people who might be interested in the deal?

ubermichaelthomas said:   
Do people actually click on threads in Hot Deals for items they have no interest in, simply to make pointless comments to the people who might be interested in the deal?

All the time.

I already have some of these but it's always good to find one I want and don't have.

FWjunkie2 said:   Do people actually buy DVDs these days? A friend of mine had over 100 DVDs when she realized they were mostly not watched more than once. She stopped buying them. Now she just goes to the library to get them for free.

This is what we're trying to get you and more polite FWers to consider, uber-michael-doink. This is useful information for people who are starting a collection and have landed in this thread. Most often they will only get watched once, and if you've bought it, it takes shelf space, collects dust, can become landfill, your friends will start to send them to you as presents which you are even less likely to watch, etc. I've gotten several unopened collections as presents.

Someone new to Blu-rays might find helpful information about more cost-effective, environmentally sound solutions like Netflicks, streaming, or libraries to get Blu-ray movies they are likely to watch only once. No need to T/C.

frenchylarue said:   FWjunkie2 said:   Do people actually buy DVDs these days? A friend of mine had over 100 DVDs when she realized they were mostly not watched more than once. She stopped buying them. Now she just goes to the library to get them for free.

This is what we're trying to get you and more polite FWers to consider, uber-michael-doink. This is useful information for people who are starting a collection and have landed in this thread. Most often they will only get watched once, and if you've bought it, it takes shelf space, collects dust, can become landfill, your friends will start to send them to you as presents which you are even less likely to watch, etc. I've gotten several unopened collections as presents.

Someone new to Blu-rays might find helpful information about more cost-effective, environmentally sound solutions like Netflicks, streaming, or libraries to get Blu-ray movies they are likely to watch only once. No need to T/C.

For many/most/some folks the local library doesn't have Bluray and barely any DVD. Netflix was a disaster the last time I tried it, there isn't a rental store within 30 miles, and the quality of the streaming even on a 30mbps system I have have seen has been dismal compared to a real Bluray. For folks that watch on an IPAD or Phone, it may be OK, but on a real HT setup for someone that loves movies it's an easy choice.

Some people have book collections, some stamps, some shoes, some baseball cards, I have a Movie collection.

frenchylarue said:   Someone new to Blu-rays might find helpful information about more cost-effective, environmentally sound solutions like Netflicks, streaming, or libraries to get Blu-ray movies they are likely to watch only once. No need to T/C.

As someone already mentioned, there is the idea of collecting something you enjoy. Curated collections have a long history and they continue on with movies in physical format. Nothing wrong with that.

The reason you might want to consider Blu-ray collecting if you enjoy movies is:

1. Streaming quality is nowhere near Blu-ray, in both picture and sound.
2. Streaming doesn't provide any extras that film lovers tend to dig.
3. Libraries often don't carry a good selection of Blu-rays, neither do many "environmentally sound" alternatives.
4. People do re-watch films and when it's in their collection they can do so immediately. Only streaming provides immediacy but see points 1 & 2 for the drawbacks there.
5. Why waste money on repeat viewings when owning the movie is often cheaper at that point?
6. Movie collections are fun to share with friends.
7. Movie collections can be cheaper than alternatives like going to the theater, repeat rentals, premium movie channels, etc.
8. Try playing that streaming version (Netflix, Amazon, Vudu, etc.) on a plane or other places lacking legit wifi.
9. Ever tried to play frisbee with a digital version of a movie? Didn't think so!
10. It's YOUR collection of movies.

i see 6.99 now

frenchylarue said:   Shmabobolo said:   FWjunkie2 said:   What is the advantage to buying these DVDs?

yes,if other people are like me, i only buy movies that i know i will want to see more than once, my collection of movies i will watch 1-2 times per year per movie.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014