• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Office Depot stores have their Logitech iPod Docks for 50% off.

For some reason they included the Logitech Squeezebox (in black) for 50% off, at $79.99

SKU is 294498 and available only in-store.

Amazon compare and reviews : Logitech Squeezebox

This may be an error, so if you want one - don't wait too long.

Other Logitech Speaker docks on sale:

Logitech Pure Fi Express Plus Speaker SKU 219447 $32.49 B&M

Logitech S315i Rechargable Speaker SKU 957762 $37.49 Currently available on-line.

Logitech S135i Portable Speaker SKU 708682 $16.49 B&M

Happy Hunting. Sale ends 10/20.

Office Depot
Need a Office Depot coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Logitech Squeezebox Internet Radio
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Probably not a price error since Logitech is ending the line.

They already have ended the line and rebranded it to "UE" (looks identical to me on the outside). Logitech have already said the Squeezebox will be backwards compatible and supported- read this somewhere on Engadget.

I have one. It's okay--if you had Pandora or one of the other streaming services, I imagine it would be pretty useful. I don't, though, so I use it mostly to stream from a local server. The Squeezeserver interface is good, but the sound quality of the Radio isn't that great. (I previously used a Sony CPF-IX001, which had great sound but a lousy interface.) It also needs some updating for the apps (to work better with Sirius, work with Amazon Cloud Player and Google music), so I am hopeful for improvements from the UE.

This is a great deal if you've bought into the system. We have multiple devices throughout our home for streaming remote and local music. All of my local music is flac and it works great. Thanks OP! And yes, I do know it is EOL by Logitech.

Went by OD. They had several of each. Decided not to buy. I have the Squeezebox system and one radio. Not happy that Logitech abandoned the entire line. There hasn't been a SW update in months and they used to come out all the time. I do love the stuff though.

We're going to be seeing all these docks get cheaper and cheaper all the time. Remember the new iPhones now have a different plug so they'll be getting rid of these eventually.

I love the squeezebox radio. I use it to listen to a bunch of old time radio stuff...Dragnet, Fibber McGee and Molly, etc. Heck, I even did a review of it here awhile back....

http://beerbarrel.wordpress.com/2012/06/19/living-with/

Sad to hear that they are no longer producing it.

KMCHERRY said:   I have one. It's okay--if you had Pandora or one of the other streaming services, I imagine it would be pretty useful. I don't, though, so I use it mostly to stream from a local server. The Squeezeserver interface is good, but the sound quality of the Radio isn't that great. (I previously used a Sony CPF-IX001, which had great sound but a lousy interface.) It also needs some updating for the apps (to work better with Sirius, work with Amazon Cloud Player and Google music), so I am hopeful for improvements from the UE.

I have 2, one of the Duets (which isn't that handy and its remote was always a big pain - but cool when it worked) and the one I use all the time is the Boom. There are SO many internet radio stations worldwide, you can pretty much always find one to your taste. My boom is pretty much on 24/7 in my living room as background. I never use it to stream from my library though, since it uses whatever bitrate you are recorded in. It really loads down my network on the 320bit recordings. I just stream 96-128bit mostly.

A FAR better solution to controlling it is to use the android application. Works better than the PC version, in my opinion.

Basically they bought both Slim Devices and UE and are merging them, but the new UE players are not as good as the Squeeze. If you are interested in the product, I would look at the Boom or Radio before they are sold out. They were open sourced long ago for software in the squeeze line. Not sure about the UE, but I suspect they are not. I quit loading software/firmware a year ago, since I like the version that is running -- its not like its doing anything that complicated. Once I decided I hated the Duet remote there was no point in upgrading the Radio or even the player half of the Duet.

The BOOM is by far the best sounding of the players I have tried, and it has its own stereo speakers. (the radio has one speaker) The other units work great with soundbars, but neither the Duet player or Touch have their own speakers.

(end geek alert!)

RedWolfe01 said:   
If you are interested in the product, I would look at the Boom or Radio before they are sold out.

I second this advice. Now that the Boom inventory is scarce, prices have more than doubled. Also, Logitech has announced an upgrade path for the Squeezebox Radios if you choose to go that route:

http://blog.logitech.com/2012/09/28/an-open-letter-to-squeezebox...

kassaal said:   RedWolfe01 said:   
If you are interested in the product, I would look at the Boom or Radio before they are sold out.

I second this advice. Now that the Boom inventory is scarce, prices have more than doubled. Also, Logitech has announced an upgrade path for the Squeezebox Radios if you choose to go that route:

http://blog.logitech.com/2012/09/28/an-open-letter-to-squeezebox...

I find it somewhat Ironic since the Boom was never the big seller of the line. I think I paid $240 or so for mine on sale. The new device is basically an entirely new platform, but its very similar to the Radio in appearance. (and the Radio can be flashed onto the new software platform as well)

The profiteers have already sucked up what was available on the web, though.

I picked up a Squeezebox today $79.99 + Tax ,

I have had one for more then 2 years, And love it.

Now I have 2....

Thanks OP

picked up a couple from the 249/FM1960 location in Htown for $79.99
there were 3 more
OP thanks for alerting me on this deal

none in stock in the Buffalo NY area according to their website.

Great deal! Went to one store, someone snatched the last one before I got there, then quickly went to a 2nd store and bought the last one they had there.

My store has plenty of these, but I think they are pricey even at $80. I would snag one @$40-$45. I got a similar wireless radio device from J&R that streams everything I want to, including audio media from my PC, for $35. And that was 10 months ago. I don't understand why these would retail over $100 when streaming video boxes are so cheap.

pkp413 said:   My store has plenty of these, but I think they are pricey even at $80. I would snag one @$40-$45. I got a similar wireless radio device from J&R that streams everything I want to, including audio media from my PC, for $35. And that was 10 months ago. I don't understand why these would retail over $100 when streaming video boxes are so cheap.

If you compare the owner reviews for the inTouch you got for $35 to the owner reviews for the

Squeezebox Radio it may reveal the mystery of why it costs more. Perhaps the iTouch does everything you want. The Squeezebox Radio sounds great, and has a wonderful interface that took nearly a decade to evolve. Simple to access everything all controlled by your smartphone/iPad. Well worth it I think.

groch said:   pkp413 said:   My store has plenty of these, but I think they are pricey even at $80. I would snag one @$40-$45. I got a similar wireless radio device from J&R that streams everything I want to, including audio media from my PC, for $35. And that was 10 months ago. I don't understand why these would retail over $100 when streaming video boxes are so cheap.

If you compare the owner reviews for the inTouch you got for $35 to the owner reviews for the

Squeezebox Radio it may reveal the mystery of why it costs more. Perhaps the iTouch does everything you want. The Squeezebox Radio sounds great, and has a wonderful interface that took nearly a decade to evolve. Simple to access everything all controlled by your smartphone/iPad. Well worth it I think.

Yes, I agree, this is a good deal for those who are not tech savvy and need things to work like they want it to right out of the box or need the bells and whistles. I had to tweak a few things to make the InTouch radio work the way I wanted, but the price was right and I am pleased with it so far.

I saw this at my OD yesterday and absolutely KNEW FW would have a post! Picked one up with the $15 coupon which they manually entered. Along with a $30 gift card, which I think I got for free a long time ago, brought it to about $38. Thanks OP. London KY still have about 4 as of late last night.

Today is the last day they are on sale.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.