• 1891011 12
  • Page
  • Text Only
What is the process to return a Photon purchased last December?

ibuckeye said:   What is the process to return a Photon purchased last December?

I want to know to, I got mine last October, do they have a time limit on return?

On the "my device" page: "To return this device, click here"

Deposit refund period is one year.

Based on the fact that I've been on the top of the priority list since April and haven't received it yet..., never.

c3 said:   On the "my device" page: "To return this device, click here"

Deposit refund period is one year.

Sigh... when I signed up, there wasn't anywhere that says there's a time limit....

This used to be free.  Now it says free for the first month.  After trial period $19.99 per month.  No thanks.

bestdealseaker said:   I ordered a 3G device almost a month ago and I have not received it yet. How long is it supposed to take to get here?
  I ordered my mifi 4082 on 8/8, and got it on 8/17

it's a ponzi scheme. new sales revenue (minus a big cut for their pockets) keeps it alive.

you remember that website that sold stuff with huge rebates? then poof. yeah.

(just an opinion)

ZombieHunter said:   
bestdealseaker said:   I ordered a 3G device almost a month ago and I have not received it yet. How long is it supposed to take to get here?
  I ordered mine on 8/8, and got it on 8/17

I don't even remember when I ordered mine, but I haven't got it yet!

g2422 said:   This used to be free.  Now it says free for the first month.  After trial period $19.99 per month.  No thanks.
  500 MB/month are still free.  If you know of a better deal, please advise!

rigor said:   it's a ponzi scheme. new sales revenue (minus a big cut for their pockets) keeps it alive.

If you know how "big big cut for their pockets" is please advise, else this statement is probably terribly wrong.

Did IQ's suddenly drop in here?

Talki said:   
g2422 said:   This used to be free.  Now it says free for the first month.  After trial period $19.99 per month.  No thanks.
  500 MB/month are still free.  If you know of a better deal, please advise!

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that we're definitely around to try to answer your questions here on Fatwallet. A lot of our special promotions come with a Free 2GB trial for the first month. We just think of it as a way for users to gauge the amount of data they'll need while using our services. However, we do have a Free 4G only 500MB plan that you can also choose.

lemonhead said:   
ZombieHunter said:   
  I ordered mine on 8/8, and got it on 8/17

I don't even remember when I ordered mine, but I haven't got it yet!

Hi guys, did you order a 4G/3G overdrive by chance? We are working on those back orders, and expecting to get through them soon. We'd be happy to check out your order though if you want to pm us your email address.

EDIT:
Wal Mart has the Photon in stock... only 4G, doesn't support 3G.  Never mind.

I ordered and recieved my 3g/4g unit in a timely manner, you have to be careful when you order, you have to cancel the automatic feature that will automatically start taking funds from your credit card if you go over the 500MB limit(assuming that you do not want more than the free 500 MB).  Also i clicked the useage reminders figuring another page would come up to confirm that i want to spend $1.99 a month so i can get email messages when my usage is close to the limit(i needed this like a hole in the head).  I have to say that i contacted them(email contact only unless you want to spend another $3.99 to talk to them) and they removed the usage alerts quickly and did not charge me.  I then contacted them when my charger stopped working and they got back to me again about 49 hours later and they said they are sending me a new charger.  The unit get's 4g in my office an home and in between.  I used to have a Virgin Mobile phone and i found the coverage to be spotty when traveling(they use the Sprint network as well) so i do not have alot of hope that the coverage will be anywhere near seamless.   Overall for about $35(the price of the unit) this is a good deal for me.  I mostly need it because i do not have alot of data on my cell phone and this covers that.  The service is good if you are comfortable with email only and a 48 hour reply.  You cannot go wrong with your $35 for 500MB of data, unless the company goes out of business or decides they need to charge for the 500MB of data.  This is money well spent overall.  The 3g is slow as molasses mostly, Every once in a while it is actual 3g but usually it is between 200-700 kps.

owenyuen said:   
hou said:   I got hotspot today, Turn on then charge about two hours,no any device connected. but when I log in my account, it show me 23M used already. How this happened? It's meaning 500M is not enough even no use? see detail:
----------------------------------------
ate Time Source Data Used
Oct 4, 2012 7:00 PM Plan Usage 4 MB
Oct 4, 2012 6:30 PM Plan Usage 4 MB
Oct 4, 2012 5:30 PM Plan Usage 10 MB
Oct 4, 2012 5:15 PM Plan Usage 1 MB
Oct 4, 2012 5:00 PM Plan Usage 3 MB

It looks like it is not even enough if we purchase for 1GB plan either ..... May be something running behind the background? Any thought!!!!

Did you charge it with a wall charger or did you charge it by connecting to the USB of a computer? I heard if you connect it a computer, the computer will potentially connect through it

Big caveat here members.... Make sure you're in a strong Wimax area...!! The prices are enticing, but you can't pay me enough to deal with the headache of not being able to connect at a decent speed, reliably.... Like the Virgin Mobile 4LTE are(WIMAX), you are either in one or your not..don't wait to the 29th day to find out....I have seen some great areas with great reception, but I live in a 'marginal reception' area for Wimax.period. Be advised..... Good luck all....

never mind.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.