• 1 2 34512
  • Page
  • Text Only
qinrocket said:   Anyone have issues with logging into their account?

I have issue on logging in. I do not receive their email...so no password to login. reset password ...also not receive email.

others saying site getting hammered tonight.

Ok, so it seems that they have issues with their website. I never got an email confirmation about my order but did get an email reset password that didn't help as it kept on going back to the homepage after login.

no email yet here either.

Got email/order this AM. It did say first come first serve is the only thing I can think of tonight for you. Good luck and keep us posted.

In case anyone still cares about their privacy, better read their privacy policy before signing up.

It's one of the worst I've ever seen. They collect information about you from third parties, including Facebook, and they share your information, including personal information, with affiliates and third parties. There's no way to opt out of such sharing.

I hate unsolicited mail with a passion, and would never sign up for something like this if I couldn't sign up without providing any personal info.

bestdealever2012 said:   Does anyone know what that mean when they say refundable deposit? Do you have to ship the hotspot modem back to get your refund?

What?
Did you read what you wrote?

Dfed said:   if in any month you use less than 5 MB of data, you get charged a service fee. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning.

Where did you see this? I looked all over and didn't see this.
Cause this would suck.

I did not get any order confirmation email, but I got the Welcome to Freedompop email wherein there is a link to change the default password, it worked fine and I was able to change my password. However, immediately after placing the order I did see my credit card was already charged for $93.99.

scripta said:   In case anyone still cares about their privacy, better read their privacy policy before signing up.

It's one of the worst I've ever seen. They collect information about you from third parties, including Facebook, and they share your information, including personal information, with affiliates and third parties. There's no way to opt out of such sharing.

I hate unsolicited mail with a passion, and would never sign up for something like this if I couldn't sign up without providing any personal info.

FYI: For the paid plans you can opt out of information sharing under your account settings. For the 500MB/mo free service you are SOL as that option is not there.
Also be sure to read the complete terms of service closely. It is contradictory in many places including the fact that apparently offer some plans they are offering require a 2 year commitment complete with an ETF despite the no commitment advertising plastered all over their main page. That and the fact that the monthly clock starts ticking on your chosen plan starts immediately upon sign up even before you receive the hardware is a bad sign to me .

Looks like some of my backyard gets service. LOL

What are the odds of you getting the deposit back when they go out of business?

is this something that will get grandfathered --- making it worth paying the $0.99/month to just put it on a shelf?

germanpope said:   is this something that will get grandfathered --- making it worth paying the $0.99/month to just put it on a shelf?
That seems unlikely; the only companies that seem to do grandfathering are those with many millions of customers for which a lack of grandfathering would result in negative national/global media coverage (and even some of those companies don't do it).

fanz50 said:   Anyone know if I can use the USB stick with an android tablet? (Iconia 500, ICS)

There is a ROM that supports 3G USB. I'm going to try it.

ElectricGerm said:   Dfed said:   if in any month you use less than 5 MB of data, you get charged a service fee. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning.

Where did you see this? I looked all over and didn't see this.
Cause this would suck.

Either the TOS or here, can't remember. It was copy and pasted up this thread a bit too.
http://www.freedompop.com/service_plan_terms.htm

I Read a cofounder of Skype was behind it so I hope it stays around a bit. All the sharing and sign up friends and Voip in the works, they hope for "Eventually customers will be able to trade data like currency" COO Steven Sesar

elektronic said:   fanz50 said:   Anyone know if I can use the USB stick with an android tablet? (Iconia 500, ICS)

There is a ROM that supports 3G USB. I'm going to try it.

I thought the service was 4G only.

germanpope said:   is this something that will get grandfathered --- making it worth paying the $0.99/month to just put it on a shelf?

I hope so, engadget user comments below. It will be interesting to see if it's true.
"Can this unit automagicly switch to Sprint LTE if WiMax goes down?"

"callanish
Probably not until 2013 when the Sprint LTE deal with Freedom Pop goes through, but all the devices are capable of automatic switching based on the info I got from Freedom Pop when I first ordered the sleeve. That was that far back that I forgot I actually ordered the damn thing. "

Anyone know the make and model of the USB modem? I am trying to see if there any support for it on DDWRT or Openwrt since I have router with a couple USB ports.

MSL said:   Just signed up. No problem logging into the account. Tried to turn off the "Auto Top-Off" option and got a big red "account temporarily suspended because of invalid billing info" message. Turned it back on and the message went away.

LOL...sounds like they want to make sure you'll get overage charges if you choose the free plan

kenyee said:   MSL said:   Just signed up. No problem logging into the account. Tried to turn off the "Auto Top-Off" option and got a big red "account temporarily suspended because of invalid billing info" message. Turned it back on and the message went away.

LOL...sounds like they want to make sure you'll get overage charges if you choose the free plan

Glitch

John (FreedomPop Customer Support)
Oct 01 06:52 pm (PDT)

Quote :
We are currently working out a bug with the top-up feature. It will be fixed by the end of the week and then you will be able to disable the automatic top-up feature from the 'Billing Settings 'page in your account. If you were to keep the feature enabled you would be charged $10 upon 100MB, which would then be added to your account, and only your overage would ever be deducted from the account balance.
Let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you for your support!

PC mag indicates you need new device when migrate to LTE. IDK.
"Each requires a refundable security deposit, but is completely free otherwise. And you can trade it in for Sprint-compatible devices once FreedomPop has made the switch."

Source http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410411,00.asp

"The deposit for the equipment is fully refundable at any time"

Source http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/1/3436270/freedompop-begins-public-beta-500mb-free-wimax

Dfed said:   PC mag indicates you need new device when migrate to LTE. IDK.
"Each requires a refundable security deposit, but is completely free otherwise. And you can trade it in for Sprint-compatible devices once FreedomPop has made the switch."

Source http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/1/3436270/freedompop-begins-public-beta-500mb-free-wimax

Any one received order confirmation or shipping notification yet

jctran said:   Dfed said:   PC mag indicates you need new device when migrate to LTE. IDK.

Any one received order confirmation or shipping notification yet

I got a FedEx tr# for standard shipping last night.

hotmail does not seem to like freedompop's email. I never receive freedompop's email on my hotmail. I change my account's email to yahoo account (note, your login changes with your email change), I able to get password reset email.

I do not receive shipping notification, I hope to receive device soon to try it out.

There is no free lunch, you have to give something up to get something. If you want to protect your information, you have to stay away any "FREE" offer - IMHO.

just ordered. says my home is also covered even it is AT&T and Verizon service dead zone...fingers crossed...

anyone know how I can hack my Sprint 4g phone to use this service?

I've used and address from work to get the service that my home is not on the coverage map but it gets great signal anyways.

Is the Hotspot an Ad-Hoc network?

k4e4n said:   Is the Hotspot an Ad-Hoc network?

I don't have mine yet but I'm 99% sure that it isn't. It wouldn't make much sense for a hotspot.

Like JDubTrey, got FedEx TR #

Shipment and tracking number received here as well...

update: received FedEx shipping tracking #

It is sort of confusing but....

Anyone else getting the impression that your credit card is going to be charged $10.00 if you get within 100MB of your Data Usage limit (or at the 400MB free usage mark - not the 500MB mark as implied) in anticipation of an overage? ALthough the $10.00 credited on your account will not be actually utilized for overage unless you go over the 500MB Free usage - but it seems like they are going to charge your credit card if you get passed 400MB.

Am I wrong?

I think If you get within 100mb of your cap AND you have less than $2 in your account they simply debit $10 from your card to put in your account pool of money. This pool can be used in (10 dollar increments) to ping your acct 99 cents a month to keep it active if you don't use the device or else you get disabled, thus putting you in for 20 bucks to get it re-activated. IDK it will be fun to play around with. You can disable auto top off.

Can we use any Sprint wimax devices on this service?

I got my freedompop photon this evening. But I am getting 'technical difficulties' msg while trying to connect to internet.

Is Clear 4g service availability the same as Sprint 4G wimax?

Do these 4g modems or hotspot have capability to go to Sprint 3g in case there is no service?

For those who didn't get the shipping email, log into your account. You can check the shipping status there.

Where exactly ?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014