• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
Please note - you should be a valid student - enrolled in a college/university before joining ACM as a student member and we might just ask for you student id! Cynthia Ryan, ACM Associate Director of Membership

For IEEE members, has anyone else not gotten their email from MSDNAA? Its been a week since for me and I'm just curious.

I also tried to log into the software page with my email address with no success.

defuse54 said:   For IEEE members, has anyone else not gotten their email from MSDNAA? Its been a week since for me and I'm just curious.

I also tried to log into the software page with my email address with no success.

I got my email from MSDNAA 4 days after I signed up w/IEEE. Check your SPAM folder.

Personally if it were me, If I didn't get the SW via ACM I would go with IEEE. I went with IEEE in the first place because the OP said in the beginning that ACM was iffy. For the extra $13 it was well worth it.

Is this a good buy from Best Buy preorder
$69.99

Windows 8 Professional- Windows
Publisher: Microsoft SKU: 6559083
Release Date: 10/26/2012

Also
what does this mean for the item

Genre Educational

yesidonoitall said:   Is this a good buy from Best Buy preorder
$69.99

Microsoft has previously announced they will be selling download-only copies of Win 8 Pro for $40, until Jan 31, 2013. Whether the extra $29.99 is worth it for a hard copy is up to you.

Guppeh said:   yesidonoitall said:   Is this a good buy from Best Buy preorder
$69.99

Microsoft has previously announced they will be selling download-only copies of Win 8 Pro for $40, until Jan 31, 2013. Whether the extra $29.99 is worth it for a hard copy is up to you.

There's a FW thread about it here.

Went with ACM, registeres all, opted-in but on that page it says:
Please Note: Basic Student Membership (that one for $19) (intended for High School and Undergraduate Students) does not include access to the Microsoft DreamSpark Premium Package.

So deal half-dead.

Is the win8 pro only for the 64-bit? does microsoft have the win8 pro 32-bit version?

I signed up about 10 days ago ACM $19. I had to deactivate MSDN and then reactivate to get access to the Dreamspartk site. This took about 3 days.

Just wanted to post that I got my W8 keys (32 and 64 bit) today.

Has anybody been using their keys to activate on multiple systems? I've used some of the old W7 keys on 5+ systems and they keep working.

bigbelly said:   I signed up about 10 days ago ACM $19. I had to deactivate MSDN and then reactivate to get access to the Dreamspartk site. This took about 3 days.

Just wanted to post that I got my W8 keys (32 and 64 bit) today.

Has anybody been using their keys to activate on multiple systems? I've used some of the old W7 keys on 5+ systems and they keep working.

great question!

Anyone else sign up for this recently? I signed up with IEEE the evening of 10/24. I am still waiting for the email with the Dreamspark info.

peterl1365 said:   Anyone else sign up for this recently? I signed up with IEEE the evening of 10/24. I am still waiting for the email with the Dreamspark info.

Just realized that the IEEE offices are in NYC, NJ, and DC. I'm guessing that a lot of stuff has been disrupted by Hurricane Sandy.

peterl1365 said:   Anyone else sign up for this recently? I signed up with IEEE the evening of 10/24. I am still waiting for the email with the Dreamspark info.

I signed up the 25th and haven't seen anything yet either.

shastada said:   peterl1365 said:   Anyone else sign up for this recently? I signed up with IEEE the evening of 10/24. I am still waiting for the email with the Dreamspark info.

Got my membership packet via US Mail today, but still waiting for the Dreamspark login.

peterl1365 said:   shastada said:   peterl1365 said:   Anyone else sign up for this recently? I signed up with IEEE the evening of 10/24. I am still waiting for the email with the Dreamspark info.

Got my membership packet via US Mail today, but still waiting for the Dreamspark login.

Still waiting here, how about you? Got my membership package a week back.

Still waiting for mine. I sent them an email Friday evening and still waiting for a reply. The ieee.org website was mostly down until sometime on Friday. Looks like everything is back to normal, but I'm thinking some data may have been lost during the storm

peterl1365 said:   Still waiting for mine. I sent them an email Friday evening and still waiting for a reply. The ieee.org website was mostly down until sometime on Friday. Looks like everything is back to normal, but I'm thinking some data may have been lost during the storm

Same here. Plan to give it until this Friday before sending a follow-up email.

Got Dream-sparks login today and THANKS again FYI I signed up on 10/17/2012 so it took a while.

AntDog505 said:   Got Dream-sparks login today and THANKS again FYI I signed up on 10/17/2012 so it took a while.

Thanks for the update. Hoping I don't have to wait another week to get mine.

Just got mine today. I did email them Monday asking what was going on so not sure if that helped or not.

Just got mine also about 45 min ago.

Just wondering, for anyone that has installed Win8 Pro:

Were you able to get the free Media Center extension from MS? I believe that ALL Win8 Pro licenses are eligible, but I'm not sure.

peterl1365 said:   Just wondering, for anyone that has installed Win8 Pro:

Were you able to get the free Media Center extension from MS? I believe that ALL Win8 Pro licenses are eligible, but I'm not sure.

I got my free one here.. It's good till 1/2013 I think. There's also a thread about it here - http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/free-stuff/1228926/

Man, my former school provides DreamSpark premium, but I can't determine if I have an account or not!

Update:

It looks like Win8 is no longer available through Dreamspark. I logged in tonight to see if there was anything new, and I did not see Win8 anywhere.

ACM does NOT allow you to get Windows 8 from what I see. They specifically say that $19 level does not get you "Microsoft Dreamspark Premium package." Premium package is required to get a client version of Windows 8. see: dreamspark website

bob12751 said:   ACM does NOT allow you to get Windows 8 from what I see. They specifically say that $19 level does not get you "Microsoft Dreamspark Premium package." Premium package is required to get a client version of Windows 8. see: dreamspark website

I signed up through IEEE, and I did manage to get one license key through Dreamspark Premium. I went back to get a second key, just in case, and that's when I saw that Win8 was no longer there. This deal appears to be dead *unless* you really can use all the developer tools that are included. Without Win7, Win8, Word and Excel, there isn't a widespread appeal to most everyday users.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014